Jeremy Mansfield Biography
Robert Jeremy Mansfield is a South African radio and television personality. He was born in Grahamstown, South Africa.
He attended Rhodes University, where he studied speech, journalism and drama. In 1985, while still a student, he started working for the Durban-based radio station Capital Radio 604. During the same year, he was awarded the AA Vita Award as The Most Promising Young South African Actor. In 1990, Mansfield left Capital Radio (then broadcasting from Johannesburg) when it closed and joined Primedia-owned 702 Talk Radio. In 1993 he was appointed as a regular presenter of 702’s Saturday Afternoon magazine programme. In 1995 Mansfield took over hosting of the afternoon show.
In 1997 Mansfield moved to 702 Talk Radio’s sister station 94.7 Highveld Stereo where he created and hosted the weekday breakfast show, The Rude Awakening. In June 2010 Mansfield announced he would be leaving the show and hosted his last show on Monday 12 July.
In 2013, Mansfield co-founded XVR, a media company offering syndicated radio shows and packages. In 2014, Mansfield returned to the air with The Jeremy Mansfield Show, a syndicated two-hour show offered by XVR.
In the mid-1990s, Mansfield started appearing as a features contributor and guest presenter on South African Pay television channels M-Net for Front Row and SuperSport. In 1998 he left the channel and started presenting A Word or 2, on SABC 2. In 2005 Mansfield co-presented the M-Net comedy show Laugh Out Loud. In 2010 Mansfield was cast in Disney’s local release of Toy Story 3 as the voice of Lifer. From 2010, Mansfield hosted his own weekly finance show, Mansfield’s Moneysense on CNBC Africa.
Jeremy Mansfield Wife
Mansfield married Jacqui Thompson, a former game ranger and author in 2003.
Jeremy Mansfield Daughter
He has a daughter; Gabriella Mansfield.
Jeremy Mansfield Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $3005936.
Jeremy Mansfield Books
He has written the following books;
- Zhoozsh! Faking it
- Zhoozsh! Cooking with Jeremy & Jacqui Mansfield
- Jeremy Mansfield’s Vrotter Jokes
- Jeremy Mansfield’s Vrot Jokes
Jeremy Mansfield Awards
- 1985: AA Vita Award as The Most Promising Young South African Actor
- 1996–2010: Best Radio Personality of the year (Best of Johannesburg Readers’ Choice Awards)
- 1996–2010: Best Radio Show 14 years in a row
- 2004: The only radio personality to make the Top 100 South Africans list
Won Leisure Options’ Most Popular Personality
- 2008: Three wins in the South African sector of the Gourmand Cookbook Awards: Book of the Year, Innovative and Media for ‘Zhoozsh!’
- 2008: Zhoozsh! wins Bronze as Third Best Cookbook in the World at London ceremony on 13 April
- 2008: ‘Zhoozsh!'wins Random House Struik Best Seller of the Year
- 2009: You magazine Radio Personality of the Year 2009
- 2011: Zhoozsh! Faking It wins South Africa’s Easy Cook Book in the South African sector of the Gourmand Cookbook Awards
Jeremy Mansfield – Video
Jeremy Mansfield NEWS
Jeremy Mansfield returns to radio with Mansfield in the Morning
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
Hot 91.9FM is delighted to announce the return of legendary radio presenter Jeremy Mansfield to the station. Jeremy will be the host of Hot 91.9FM’s all-new morning show, Mansfield in the Morning, a move that sees him reunited with long-time partner in crime Sam Cowen and the team of Simon Hill, John Walland, Karabo Yibe and award-winning producer, Will Scott. Mansfield in the Morning will kick off at 6am on Thursday, 1 November 2018.
Jeremy brings to Hot 91.9FM his unique brand of humour, talkability, commentary and, of course, his opinion on just about everything from A-Z. His passion for community enrichment is well known, and this will form an integral part of the show. “I’ve always believed in the unifying power of laughter and creating shared value in the communities I serve. Here I get to do both,” he said.
Hot 91.9FM Managing Director, Lloyd Madurai said, “Jeremy will bring back the fun element of morning radio, which will entertain and engage our audience. Together, we will work with him to grow Hot Cares and ensure sustainability across our many community initiatives.”
Hot 91.9FM Programme Manager Tony Murrell said, “It’s great to have someone of Jeremy’s calibre at Hot 91.9FM. Jeremy is loved by so many, especially here in Johannesburg.”