Kuli Roberts Biography
Kuli Roberts is a South African fashion and beauty tabloid journalist and television presenter. She was born on 16th December 1982 in South Africa. She is popularly known for co hosting the SABC2 reality television show ‘What Not To Wear’.
She was the editor of Drum Magazine, Fashion and Beauty. Kuli was also a columnist of Sunday World. From 2004 to 2005 she was a TV Host at SABC 2.
From 2008 to 2009, Kuli co hosted the SABC1 gossip show called ‘The Real Goboza’ for the second and third seasons. From 2010 to 2013 she hosted the celebrity gossip magazine show ‘Headline’.
In 2010, she became a TV Host at Mzansi Magic and in 2012 she became a co host at Kaya FM 95.9. In 2013, she was one of the celebrities to compete in the sixth season of the SABC3 reality competition ‘Strictly Come Dancing’. In July 2016 she was of the four personalities headlining SABC3’s daily talk show ‘Trending SA’.
Kuli Roberts Age
She was born on 16th December 1982 in South Africa. She is 36 years old as of 2018.
Kuli Roberts Sister
She is the sister to Hlubi Mboya who is known for her role as HIV-positive Nandipha on SABC3 soapie, Isidingo, which allowed her to travel around the continent as an HIV/Aids ambassador. Her sister has also been on the cover of many magazines and was the first black non-model to grace the cover of ELLE SA.
Kuli Roberts Husband
She was married to Beyers Roberts in 1990 but they later divorced.
Kuli Roberts Divorce
In an interview with News24, Kuli had this to say about her divorce, “Ever since I got divorced many years ago I haven’t gotten into many serious relationships because I fear heartbreak. As much as I am strong I also have a vulnerable part and I believe that is something one should always safe guard.
One of the best things I have learned in life is not to take what people say about you personally because it can destroy you. From The roast in 2012 where people took a swipe at me to all the hate mail I focus on the positive of my life understanding that sometimes when people attack you it’s because of their own insecurities.”
Kuli Roberts ex Husband
She was alleged of having an affair with the late Vuyo Mbuli. However, the official fact has not been revealed.
Kuli Roberts Children
She has two children from her marriage with Beyers Roberts. She has a daughter named India Tembela and a son named Laeun. Her son is a sportsman.
Kuli Roberts Facebook
Kuli Roberts Twitter
Kuli Roberts Instagram
Kuli Roberts Birthday
Ten things about Kuli Roberts
- I grew up mostly with my grandparents who were business people. I used to help out in the shops they owned and during that time I would get opportunities to bond with my grandmother. During one of our bonding session she said to me, “Kuli, nomatter what you do in your life, always work hard. That is the only way you can go further in and grow.
- Bran Stroker’s Dracula is my favorite movie of all time. I love that its so creepy and sexy.
- If I am not working at any event I am always at home. For me my home in Centurion is the best place in the world. I share the home with my two children plus our cats and dogs. I believe that one’s home should be their haven, that place you can escape to from all the world’s issues.
- Many years ago before I had my children I went through two ectopic pregnancies: That was the pain I have ever experienced It was excruciating and also very emotionally painful.
- The best decision I ever made in my life was to have my kids. They bring me so much joy and happiness. Because of them I am a more content human being.
- Ever since I got divorced many years ago I haven’t gotten into many serious relationships because I fear heartbreak. As much as I am strong I also have a vulnerable part and I believe that is something one should always safe guard.
- One of the best things I have learned in life is not to take what people say about you personally because it can destroy you. From The roast in 2012 where people took a swipe at me to all the hate mail I focus on the positive of my life understanding that sometimes when people attack you it’s because of their own insecurities.
- I used to drink a lot and always be drunk. That was during a time in my life when I was working a job I hated and there was so much drama in my life. That decision to let go of drinking has made me a happier person and mother to my two children.
- In life you must learn to choose your battles’. A while ago I realised that I would always be arguing or having a fight with someone not physical but someone somewhere had a problem with Kuli. When I realised that I decided to not entertain every fight or tweet that was attacking me.
- I am not a very emotional or sad person, so not many things break my heart but when I see greed in people like Dina Pule’s greed while many sleep hungry makes me sad. I wonder how some people can be so cruel.