Michael Masutha Biography
Michael Masutha (Tshililo Michael Masutha) was born on 18th November 1965 in Valdezia, South Africa.He is a South African politician and the minister of Justice and Correctional Services.
Michael Masutha Education Background
He matriculated from Siloe School for the Blind in 1984.He obtained a BJuris Degree at the University of Limpopo (then the University of the North) 1988, and obtained an LLB Degree from the University of the Witwatersrand in 1991.
Michael Masutha Political Career
While at the universityhe participated in movements for disabled students advocating for the provision of appropriate support, and challenging the apartheid regime’s treatment of the blind and other disabled people.
In 1986 he was a founding member of the Northern Transvaal Association for the Blind.
From 1989 to 1996 he was a member of the National Council for the Blind’s Executive Committee where he advocated for the removal of discriminatory laws against blind people especially in protective employment.
He was a co-founder of the Equileg Programme of the Southern African Federation.
In 1999 she became the Member of Parliament representing the African National Congress.
Michael Masutha Professional Career
In August 1991 he participated in a delegation of the Human Rights committee of Disabled People to the United Nations and in 1995, he was admitted to practice as an advocate of the High Court of South Africa.
From 1991 to 1996 he was Director of the Disability Rights Unit at Lawyers for Human Rights – a project (which was a joint initiative with Disabled People South Africa) providing legal assistance to persons unfairly discriminated on disability grounds.
In 1996 he was appointed as Head of the Legal Services in the Department of Social Development, where he specialised in Children’s Rights and Social Security Law.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
Michael Masutha Membership
- Member of Justice and Constitutional Development Committee.
- Member of Rules Committee.
- Member of the Constitutional Review Committee.
- Chair of Social Development Committee.
- Chair of the Standing Committee on the Auditor General.
- Chair of the Subcommittee on Review of Rules the Adhoc Committee on Delegated Legislation.