Payfast South Africa
PayFast enables South African businesses of all sizes to accept payments online. Payfast enables easy, secure and instant transfer of money from online buyers to sellers.
- PayFast offers Individual, Business or Cause accounts for any type of South African business or NPO no matter the size
- Merchants can accept funds from local and international customers from anywhere in the world in ZAR
- A variety of payment methods to suit all your customers: Instant EFT, credit cards, Masterpass, mobicred, debit cards and Bitcoin
- Free set up and no monthly fees
- Over 70 shopping cart integrations (no development skills needed)
- PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider – the highest security level possible
Payfast Payment methods
Payfast offers a variety of payment methods through the familiar and trusted PayFast interface. We process MasterCard and Visa credit cards, Instant EFT (with SA’s four biggest banks), Masterpass, credit facility mobicred and digital payment method Bitcoin.
Credit & cheque cards
Credit cards are well known and a de facto online payment method the world round. We process local and international credit cards and cheque cards, with a variety of fraud protection mechanisms in place to protect sellers against costly chargebacks.
Instant EFT enables buyers to make payments with traditional internet banking with SA’s four biggest banks. The electronic funds transfer (EFT) gets verified instantly. No two day waiting period, no proof of payment required and no disclosing of financial information.
Bitcoin is an innovative digital payment method, performed over a peer-to-peer network. Sellers can now receive payment from buyers who hold Bitcoin. The seller receives payment in South African rand; the buyer simply transacts at the current rate of exchange.
mobicred is an online account that gives buyers access to credit, which they can use on PayFast. The facility works in a similar fashion to retail store credit: only online. Sellers can choose to enable/disable mobicred on their PayFast accounts and there is no risk of default or repudiation to them.
ATM debit cards (via PayD)
PayD allows you to accept payment from debit card holders. Buyers enter their debit card and mobile phone number and then authenticate the transaction on their phone. The system works with devices on the Vodacom or MTN network and with debit cards issued by Absa, Nedbank and Standard Bank.
Masterpass is a simple, convenient, trusted digital wallet from MasterCard for faster, safer shopping at online merchants. A digital wallet makes online shopping safer and easy by storing payment information in one secure place.
Phone: 021 300 4455 or 0861 729 327
International: +27 21 300 4455
Fax: 086 654 1549 (SA only)
Office Hours Mon – Fri: 07.30 – 17.00 (GMT+2)
Email Support Sat – Sun: 09.00 – 15.00 (GMT+2)
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Office hours and email support exclude public holidays.
|Description||Fee (excl. VAT)|
|Payout fee to bank account||R 8.77|
|Instant EFT||2.0% (minimum R2.00)|
|Credit & cheque cards||3.5% (plus R2.00) (promotional rate)|
|MasterPass||3.5% (plus R2.00) (promotional rate)|
|Debit cards||3.5% (plus R2.00) (promotional rate)|