Pitso Mosimane Profile
Pitso Mosimane (Pitso ‘Jingles’ Mosimane) was born on 26th July 1964 in Kagiso, South Africa. He is a South African former footballer and coach. He is currently the manager of Mamelodi Sundows in the Premier Soccer League.
Mosimane is one of the longest serving and highly rated coaches in South African soccer, having won several major trophies with SuperSport United between 2001 and 2007.
He served as the care-taker coach of South Africa for seven games during 2007, before Carlos Alberto Parreira was appointed as head coach. He then served as an assistant coach to Parreira, and Joel Santana with South Africa.
On 15 July 2010, Mosimane was named as the new head coach of South Africa. He had been an assistant to former coach Carlos Alberto Parreira at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, and was handed a four-year contract.
He won his first game in charge in a 1–0 win over World Cup Quarter Finalists Ghana. South Africa failed to qualify for the 2012 African Cup of Nations after Mosimane mistakenly played for a draw in the final qualifier, when in fact a victory was required.
He won the 2016 CAF Champions League with Mamelodi Sundowns after defeating Egypt’s Zamalek 3-1 on aggregate.
In December 2016, Mosimane was ranked as the 10th best coach in the world for 2016, according to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS).
On 5 January 2017, Mosimane won the Coach of the Year accolade at the 2016 Glo-CAF awards in Abuja, Nigeria after guiding Mamelodi Sundowns to league glory in 2015/16 and claiming the Telkom Knockout trophy which meant Mosimane stood alone as the only coach to have made a clean sweep of all domestic trophies in the PSL era.
- 2010 – 2012: Head Coach of South African Bafana Bafana Soccer Team.
- 2006 – 2010: Assistant coach of South African Bafana Bafana Soccer Team.
- 2001 – 2007: Manager of SuperSport United Football Club.
- 1993 – 1994: Professional Soccer Player of South African Bafana Bafana Soccer Team.
- 1985 – 1987: Professional Soccer Player of Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club.
- 1982 – 1983: Professional Soccer Player of Jomo Cosmos Football Club.
- 2017: Coach of the Year at the 2016 Glo-CAF awards in Abuja, Nigeria
- 2013: Absa Premiership Coach of Quarter Four.
- 2010: South African Football Association Coach of the Year.
Pitso Mosimane Wife
He is married to Moira Mosimane and they have two children, Lelentle Mosimane and Kopano Mosimane.
Pitso Mosimane Latest News: Pitso Mosimane Says That He Has Never Seen Anything Like The Way Maritzburg Are Playing
Source: Soccer Laduma
Mamelodi Sundowns’ Pitso Mosimane was full of praise with the way Maritzburg United have been playing, saying that they do certain things that he has never seen before.
Sundowns will lock horns with Head Coach Fadlu Davids’ outfit on Saturday in the Nedbank Cup semi-finals, before facing off once again in the Absa Premiership next week Wednesday.
Should Orlando Pirates not drop any points in their upcoming encounters, Masandawana will need just four points to win the Absa Premiership title.
However, in order to get any closer to glory in both the Nedbank Cup and Absa Premiership campaigns, the Brazilians will need to secure victories over Maritzburg who are currently standing in their way.
“It’s not an easy one, you play Maritzburg, I have never seen a team which has effort like that, they have got lefts and they are awkward, you must analyse the way they play, I swear to god I have never seen a formation like this in my whole life, never, never,” he said.
“And it works out and is good, they don’t have striker they play with two strikers out wide and that’s where the Belgian always scores goals, you see he scores goals from the sides and nobody picks it up, it’s like everybody has got his own software playing, I mean, it’s very difficult. Look at Orlando Pirates how they play with their three strikers, narrow and speed,” Mosimane added.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do