Sol Kerzner Biography
Sol Kerzner (Solomon Kerzner) was born was born on 23rd August 1935 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He is a South African accountant and business magnate. He is the founder, chairman and CEO of Kerzner International.
Sol Kerzner Education Background
He graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. He is also a qualified Chartered Accountant.
Sol Kerzner Career
His family started a hotel chain and after he graduated from the university he took over the running of the group and went on to create the most successful hotel group in South Africa, Sun International.
In 1962 Sol Kerzner purchased the Astra Hotel in Durban. He built South Africa’s first five star graded hotel in Umhlanga, a village north of Durban and in December 1964 he opened Beverly Hills Hotel.
Following the Beverly Hills, Kerzner built the 450-room Elangeni Hotel (now renamed Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani), overlooking Durban’s beachfront and, in 1969, in partnership with South African Breweries, he established the chain of Southern Sun Hotels, which by 1983 operated 30 luxury hotels with more than 7,000 rooms. In 1975, Kerzner opened his first hotel outside South Africa on the Indian Ocean Island of Mauritius which he named Le Saint Géran.
In 1979 he developed Sun City. Over a period of ten years he built four hotels, a man-made lake, two Gary Player designed championship golf courses and entertainment center with an indoor 6,000-seat multi-purpose arena.
In 1996 Sol Kerzner opened Mohegan Sun casino in Uncasville, Connecticut in the United States and in 2000 opened the second phase of the project including a 1,200-room hotel through a joint venture with the Mohegan Tribe of Connecticut called Trading Cove Associates. TCA relinquished its management of the resort in 2002 but Kerzner through his company will still receive a 5% dividend on the gross revenue generated by Mohegan Sun until 2014.
In 2002 he launched One&Only Resorts which currently operates seven properties in The Bahamas, Mexico, Mauritius, The Maldives, South Africa, Dubai and Hayman Island.
Sol Kerzner Professional Positions
- 2002 – Present: Chief Executive Officer of One & Only Resorts.
- 1994 – Present: Owner of Paradise Island Resort, Bahamas
- 1993 – Present: Chair of Kerzner International Limited, Florida, United States of America
- 1975 – Present: Owner of Le Saint Géran, Mauritius.
- 1960 – Present: Owner of The Palace Hotel, Durban
- Developer at Sun City, South Africa
- Founder of Sun International Limited, South Africa
- Founder of Southern Sun Hotels, South Africa.
- 1996 – 2003: Chief Executive Officer at Kerzner International Limited.
- 1993 – 1996: President of Kerzner International Limited, Florida, United States of America.
- 1989 – 1994: Chair of World Leisure Group
Sol Kerzner Age
He was born on 23rd August 1935.
Sol Kerzner Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $400 million.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
Sol Kerzner Family
He has been married four times and his first wife was Maureen Adler and they had three children Butch Kerzner, Andrea Kerzner and Beverly Kerzner Mace.
His second wife was Shirley Bestbier; they had two children: Brandon Kerzner and Chantal Kerzner Sweeney.She committed suicide soon after the birth of her second child.
His third wife was Miss World 1974 Anneline Kriel who they divorced after five years.
His fourth wife was model Heather Murphy who he married in 2000 but they divorced in 2011.