Sonia Sedibe Biography
Sonia Sedibe born Sonia Nomthandazo Sedibe, was born on 11th December 1976 in Alberton, Gauteng in South Africa. She is a South African actress best known for her starring role as Ntombi Khumalo on the SABC1 soapie Generations.
Sonia Mbele Age
She was born on 11th December 1976 in Alberton, Gauteng, South Africa. She is 41 years old as of 2018.
Sonia Mbele Career
Her career as an actress began when she joined a high school theatre group. A qualified PRO, Sonia was cast in a Beacon commercial, and also as a lead in the SABC 2 drama Phamokate.
Sonia Sedibe Commercials
- Beacon commercial
- Vodacom commercial
- Sunsilk commercial
- Shield commercial
- Generations Season 1 as Ntombi Khumalo.
- Gold Diggers Season 1 as Thuli.
- Greed & Desire Season 1 as Thlabi.
- iNumber Number Season 1 as Philane.
- Keeping Score Season 1 as Mmamosa Letsie.
- Soap on a Rope Season 1 as Tuki Ramphele.
- Soul City Season 5 & 6 as Dr. Ayanda Ngubane.
- The Alliance Season 1 as Lydia.
- Yizo Yizo Season 1 as Zakes’ Girlfriend
- Zero Tolerance Season 1 as Rosie
Sonia Sedibe Movies
- Mr. Bones (2001)
- God is African (2003)
- Meet the Radebes (2017)
Sonia Sedibe Awards
In 1998/1999, she won the FNB Vita Award for Most Promising New Actress.
Sonia Sedibe Enterprenuer
She launched a hospitality solutions company, a mentorship group of women she refers to as the “baby bears” and has also ventured into production and script-writing.
Sonia Sedibe Husband
In 2006 she got married to Lesile Sedibe but they later divorced in 2014.
“I don’t know of anyone who willingly walks away from their marriage if they still want to make it work. But the truth is Leslie and I were two different people who wanted different things. Yes we loved each other…I became the person that he wanted me to be and lost myself in the process.” She told the Truth Magazine.
After her divorce with her husband she dropped her surname and uses her maiden name which is Mbele ( Sonia Mbele).
Sonia Sedibe Divorce
It was claimed that one of the reasons for Sonia’s highly publicised divorce from ex-hubby Leslie Sedibe was that he just didn’t like the company she kept, especially her gay friends.
Sonia has been largely silent on the divorce, but confirmed in a social media post on Sunday that her support for her ‘alternative friends’ was a wedge in the marriage.
“Anyone who knows me knows that I’m sooo into my “alternative friends” I mean I lost a marriage over it??,” she wrote. “I support anyone and everyone who chooses and stands by who they are and who they love…having a super liberal mother that I have, at the age of 18 my mom attracted all the township alternative kids around, they looved her “Mama Zandi” they used to call her…..” she adds.
Sonia Sedibe Children
She has three children one from a previous relationship and two from her failed marriage Khomo Sedibe and Donelle Sedibe.
Sonia Sedibe Photo
Sonia Sedibe Facebook
Sonia Sedibe Twitter
Sonia Sedibe Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Taking your power back: # 1. Stop blaming. 2. Stop making excuses. 3. Stop judging yourself. 4. Practice the beauty of acceptance. 5. Learn how to be grateful. 6. The power of choice is yours. 7. The power to change lies in you. 8. Forgive. 9. Take ownership over your decisions. 10. Start taking positive actions.
Sonia Sedibe Video
Sonia Sedibe News
How Sonia Mbele stands out above the rest
Updated on: 24 April 2018
Actress and businesswoman Sonia Mbele talks about how she has maintained her illustrious career and explains what makes her stand out above the rest.
Through a series of videos posted on social media platforms, the public will get a glimpse into the lives of ‘Groovstas’ and get tips on what it takes to get to the top.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
The public will also get to nominate those they believe deserve to have this title bestowed upon them.
Each Groovsta is presented with their own gift package as a keepsake and constant reminder of how fabulous they are.
Adopted from: www.sowetanlive.co.za