Vusi Thembekwayo Biography
Vusi Thembekwayo was born on 21st March 1985 in Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa. He is a South African Entrepreneur, Global Keynote speaker and venture capitalist.
Vusi Thembekwayo Education Background
2015 – 2017: Executive MBA (Dean’s List), Business/ Managerial Economics from Ashridge Executive Education, Hult International Business School.
2010 – 2012: Corporate Finance (emphasis on Advanced Valuation),Financial Modelling and Valuations (Cum Laude) from INSEAD
2010 – 2011: Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Post Graduate of Business Administration from Gordon Institute of Business Science.
2008 – 2009: Management Advanced Programme (Cum Laude), Commerce from the University of the Witwatersrand.
At the age of seventeen he was already ranked first in Africa for public speaking and went on to receive third place in the world at the English Speaking Union International Competition. He delivered his first professional talk in 2002.
At the age of 22 he was offered a position at a corporate finance company, he refined his skills in corporate finance.
Vusi Thembekwayo Profesional Positions
April 2014 – Present: Chief Executive Officer of My Growth Fund.
March 2013 – July 2014: Non Executive Director of RBA Holdings Limited.
July 2009 – Present: Managing Partner at Watermark Afrika Fund.
March 2007 – December 2010: Director: New Markets and Structured Income at Metcash.
January 2004 – December 2007: Executive Director at Uciko Capital and Advisory Limited.
July 2002 – Present: Global Business Speaker, MOTIV8 Merchant Services.
Vusi Thembekwayo Awards
- Worlds Best Speaker, English Speaking Union
Vusi Thembekwayo’s Achievements
- 2015 – Top 12 International Speaker. Meetingsnet Editors 2015 top 12 international speaker award.
- 2015 – Founded Iconoclast. A boutique, specialist public speaker representation management agency.
- 2014 – Founded My Growth Fund. My Growth Fund supports business people as they start, build and grow their businesses by providing expert advice and implementation support across various disciplines. Closed round 1 of the venture capital fund.
- 2014 – Dragon On Dragon’s Den Africa. Starred as a Dragon investor on the African edition of the popular reality TV series, Dragon’s Den.
- 2014 – Joined NSA NY. Qualified to join the National Speakers Association of New York.
- 2014 – Founded the Inspiration Project. A tech enabled narrative lab reshaping the story of Africa.
- 2013 – Founded Motiv8. A specialist consulting and services agency of which Vusi serves as the Managing Director.
- 2013 – Appointed Non-Executive Director RBA Holdings LTD. Appointed Non-Executive Director RBA Holdings Ltd.
- 2013 – Invited Speaker at the World Bank. Only African speaker to speak by Invitation at the World Bank.
- 2012 – Funded & Co-Founded Speakers Bootcamp. Speakers Bootcamp is for anyone looking to improve and master their public speaking ability.
- 2011 – Co-Founded Watermark Capital Partners. A private equity firm focusing on mature, high-growth, medium sized businesses looking for new opportunities across South, East and West African markets. Vusi serves as the Executive Chairman.
- 2011 – Entrepreneur of the Year, Finalist. Black Business Quarterly
- 2010 – New Business Division, Metcash Group. Successfully turned the New Business Division of Metcash Group into an R461million a year turnover business (highest EDITDA before tax) in the group.
- 2010 – Appointed Director of Metcash Group. The youngest director of a multi-national business (Metcash Group) turning over R17bn a year, where he served on the operations board.
- 2009 – Distinction With Cum Laude – Wits Business School, top 3 student
Vusi Thembekwayo Age
He was born on 21st March 1985.
Vusi Thembekwayo Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $550 million.
Vusi Thembekwayo Wife
He got married in 2009 and he is blessed with a son.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Vusi Thembekwayo Photo
Vusi Thembekwayo Contact Details
Tel: +27 11 312 7551
Fax: +27 865 139 251
Post: PO Box 32613, Kyalami, 1684