Who is Shohreh Aghdashloo? | Shohreh Aghdashloo Biography and Wiki
Table of Contents
- 1 Who is Shohreh Aghdashloo? | Shohreh Aghdashloo Biography and Wiki
- 2 Shohreh Aghdashloo Age and Birthday
- 3 Shohreh Aghdashloo Height and Weight
- 4 Shohreh Aghdashloo Family, Parents, and Siblings
- 5 Shohreh Aghdashloo Husband, Marriage, and Daughter
- 6 Shohreh Aghdashloo Net Worth
- 7 Shohreh Aghdashloo Early Life
- 8 Shohreh Aghdashloo Education
- 9 Shohreh Aghdashloo Career
- 10 Shohreh Aghdashloo Movies
- 11 Shohreh Aghdashloo Facts and Body Measurements
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions About Shohreh Aghdashloo
- 13 Who is Shohreh Aghdashloo?
- 14 How old is Shohreh Aghdashloo?
- 15 How tall is Shohreh Aghdashloo?
- 16 Is Shohreh Aghdashloo married?
- 17 How much is Shohreh Aghdashloo worth?
- 18 Where does Aghdashloo live?
- 19 Is Shohreh dead or alive?
- 20 Does Aghdashloo have any children?
- 21 Why is Shohreh’s voice so deep?
- 22 How do you pronounce Shohreh Aghdashloo?
- 23 Shohreh Aghdashloo Twitter
- 24 Shohreh Aghdashloo Instagram
Shohreh Aghdashloo is an Iranian-American actress. Following numerous starring roles on the stage, her first major film role was in The Report directed by Abbas Kiarostami, which won the Critics Award at the Moscow Film Festival.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Age and Birthday
Aghdashloo is 67 years old as of 2019, she was born on May 11, 1952, in Tehran, Iran. She celebrates her birthday on May 11th every year. Shohreh will be 68 years old on May 11th, 2020.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Height and Weight
Aghdashloo is a woman of average stature. She stands at a height of 5 Feet 5 Inches (1.65 m). She also weighs 59 kg (130 lbs). Additionally, her body measurements are 38-26-36 Inches. She has black hair and eyes.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Family, Parents, and Siblings
Aghdashloo was born in Tehran, Iran, as Shohreh Vaziri-Tabar, the daughter of Effie (née al-Sadat) and Anushiravan Vaziri-Tabar. She has three brothers: Shahram, Shahriar, and Shahrokh. Her stage name is from the family name of her first husband, painter Aydin Aghdashloo.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Husband, Marriage, and Daughter
The Iranian-born actress has been married twice. Her first marriage was in her fellow native Iran in 1972. She was 18 years old at the time and tied the knot with Aydin Aghdashloo. Aydin Aghdashloo is a prominent Iranian painter, writer, and film critic. Their union did not produce any children and they divorced in 1979 when the actress left Iran.
The Expanse star is now married to Houshang Touzie. Touzie is an actor and a playwright. They got married in 1987. The couple collaborated together especially in the early stages of Aghdashloo’s career. They put up several plays that were targeted at Iranians living in the L.A. The couple has one child together, a daughter named Tara Jane Touzie. She regularly accompanies her mom to red carpet events. She has also followed in her parents’ footsteps and is a budding filmmaker.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Net Worth
Aghdashloo has a net worth of $54 million. She is one of the richest celebrities in Iran and made her fortune from her career in the film industry. It must be stated that the actress is no stranger to wealth as she originally came from a wealthy family in Iran. As aforementioned, Aghdashloo is an author. She released her debut effort in 2013. It is basically an autobiography and is titled The Alley of Love and Yellow Jasmines.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Early Life
Aghdashloo was born in Tehran, Iran, as Shohreh Vaziri-Tabar, the daughter of Effie and Anushiravan Vaziri-Tabar. She has three brothers: Shahram, Shahriar and Shahrokh. Her stage name is from the family name of her first husband, painter Aydin Aghdashloo. After their marriage in 1972 when she was 19 and he was 31, she began attending theatre workshops, against the wishes of her family. She had always wanted to be an actress, and soon began playing leading roles in Iranian theatre and film. They did not have children and were divorced in 1979, when she left Iran for England at the start of the Iranian Revolution.
Once she arrived in England, she earned a Bachelor’s degree in international relations at Brunel University because of her interest in politics after having to leave her home country. She was already familiar with England, as her parents had taken her to London as a child. She then continued to pursue her acting career, which brought her to Los Angeles. In 1987, Aghdashloo married actor/playwright Houshang Touzie. They have a daughter, Tara Touzie, born in 1989. She has since performed in a number of Touzie’s plays, successfully taking them to national and international stages, primarily in the Iranian diaspora. Though born to a Muslim family, she never practised the religion.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Education
She earned a Bachelor’s degree in international relations at Brunel University because of her interest in politics after having to leave her home country.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Career
Her first major film role was in The Report (Gozāresh) (1977) directed by Abbas Kiarostami, which won the Critics Award at the Moscow Film Festival. Her next film was Shatranje Bad (Chess of the Wind), directed by Mohammad Reza Aslani, which screened at several film festivals. Both films were banned in her home country; but, in 1978, Aghdashloo won acclaim for her performance in Sooteh Delan (Broken-Hearted), directed by Ali Hatami, which established her as one of Iran’s leading actresses.
After establishing a theatre and film career in Iran, Aghdashloo moved to England during the Iranian Revolution in 1979, subsequently becoming a U.S. citizen. After several years playing small roles in television and film, her performance in House of Sand and Fog (2003) brought her several film critics’ awards and a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. She has continued to play supporting and character roles in film and television, including a starring role as Chrisjen Avasarala on The Expanse (2015–present), and won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie for her work in the HBO original miniseries House of Saddam (2008). In 2013, she released her autobiography, titled The Alley of Love and Yellow Jasmines.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Movies
- 2020 Run Sweetheart Run
- 2018 A Simple Wedding as Ziba Husseini
- 2016 Star Trek Beyond as Commodore Paris
- 2016 Window Horses as Mehrnaz
- 2016 The Promise as Marta Boghosian
- 2015 Last Knights as Maria
- 2015 Septembers of Shiraz as Habibeh
- 2014 Rosewater as Moloojoon
- 2014 Still Here as Farzaneh
- 2013 Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters as The Oracle Voice role
- 2013 Silk as Rani
- 2012 The Odd Life of Timothy Green as Evette Onat
- 2011 Iranium as Narrator
- 2011 On the Inside as Dr. Lofton
- 2010 The Adjustment Bureau as The Chairman
- 2010 The No Game as Aunt Laila
- 2008 The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 as Professor Nasrin Mehani
- 2008 The Stoning of Soraya M.as Zahra Khanum
- 2006 American Dreamz as Mrs. Nazneen Riza
- 2006 The Lake House as Dr. Anna Klyczynski
- 2006 X-Men: The Last Stand as Dr. Kavita Rao
- 2006 The Nativity Story Elizabeth
- 2005 The Exorcism of Emily Rose as Dr. Sadira Adani
- 2005 Babak and Friends – A First Norooz as Farah
Shohreh Aghdashloo Facts and Body Measurements
Here are some interesting facts you don’t want to miss about Aghdashloo.
- Full Name: Shohreh Aghdashloo
- Age/ How Old?: 68 years old (in 2020)
- Date of Birth: May 11, 1952
- Place of Birth: Tehran, Iran
- Education: Brunel University London
- Birthday: May 11
- Nationality: American-Iranian
- Father’s Name: Anushiravan Vaziri-Tabar
- Mother’s Name: Effie Vaziri-Tabar
- Siblings: Shahrokh Vaziri-Tabar, Shahram Vaziri-Tabar, Shahryar Vaziri-Tabar
- Married?: Houshang Touzie (m. 1987), Aydin Aghdashloo (m. 1972–1979)
- Children/ Kids: Tara Touzie
- Height/ How tall?: 5 Feet 5 Inches (1.65 m)
- Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)
- Profession: Actress
- Net worth: USD $54 million Approx
Frequently Asked Questions About Shohreh Aghdashloo
Who is Shohreh Aghdashloo?
Aghdashloo is an Iranian-American actress who debuted her role in the film industry in 1977 in the film The Report which won the Critics Award at the Moscow Film Festival. She was established as one of Iran’s leading actresses for her role in the film Shatranje Bad.
How old is Shohreh Aghdashloo?
Aghdashloo was born on May 11, 1952, in Tehran, Iran. She is now 68 years and her star sign is Taurus.
How tall is Shohreh Aghdashloo?
Shohreh is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 130 pounds.
Is Shohreh Aghdashloo married?
Aghdashloo first married Iranian painter, writer, graphist, and film critic Aydin Aghdashloo in 1972 and the couple got divorced in 1980. She then married Iranian actor, director, and playwright Houshang Touzie in 1987.
How much is Shohreh Aghdashloo worth?
Shohreh’s net worth is $54 million and she is one of the richest celebrities in Iran that made her fortune from her career in the film industry.
Where does Aghdashloo live?
Because of security reasons, Shohreh has not shared her precise location of residence. We will immediately update this information if we get the location and images of her house.
Is Shohreh dead or alive?
Aghdashloo is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Does Aghdashloo have any children?
Shohreh has a daughter named Tara Touzie with her current husband Houshang Touzie.
Why is Shohreh’s voice so deep?
Aghdashloo’s deep-sounding voice is natural.
How do you pronounce Shohreh Aghdashloo?
Shohreh Aghdashloo’s name is pronounced as shō-RĀ ÄK-dosh-loo.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Twitter
Shohreh Aghdashloo Instagram
View this post on Instagram
On Sunday March 8, I had the honor of presenting an award at L’Oréal Paris fourth annual Gala "Women of Worth" in Toronto, honoring 10 women from across the country who make a significant impact on their communities, to a 19 years of age "Kehkashan Basu", the founder of Green Hope Foundation. A platform for children and youth. More than 57,000 youth across 20 countries have now been a part of the ever growing Green Hope Foundation. 🙏❤️ در روز یکشنبه 8 مارس ، من افتخار داشتم که یک جایزه را در Gala سالانه چهارم سالانه L’Oréal پاریس در تورنتو / کانادا به افتخار 10 زن از سراسر کشور که تأثیر قابل توجهی در جوامع خود می گذارند ، ارائه کنم. از جمله Kehkashan Basu" 19" ساله بنیانگذار "بنیاد امید سبز". سکویی برای کودکان و نوجوانان. بیش از 57000 جوان در 20 کشور جهان اکنون بخشی از "بنیاد امید سبز" در حال رشد هستند. Thank you @ellecanada for providing the original video footage. #lorealparis #womenofworth #womenofworth2020 #wow2020 #womensday2020