Steve Wozniak Biography
Steve Wozniak is an American electronics engineer, computer programmer, philanthropist, and technology entrepreneur who was born in San Jose, California, U.S. as Stephen Gary Wozniak.
In the year 1976, he co-founded Apple Inc. with business partner Steve Jobs, which later became the world’s largest information technology company by revenue as well as the largest company in the world by market capitalization. Through their work at Apple in the 1970s and 1980s, he and Jobs are widely recognized as two prominent pioneers of the personal computer revolution.
10 Quick Facts About Steve Wozniak
- Name: Steve Wozniak
- Age: 71 years
- Birthday: 11th August
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Electronic engineer, computer programmer, and tech entrepreneur
- Marital Status: Married
- Famous for: Co-founding Apple Inc with the late Steve Jobs
- Net worth: $2 million
Steve Wozniak Age
Wozniak is 71 years old as of 2021, he was born on 11 August 1950 in San Jose, California, United States. He celebrates her birthday on 11 August every year and his birth sign is Leo.
Steve Wozniak Height
Wozniak stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches.
Steve Wozniak Education
Wozniak is a graduate of Homestead High School in 1968, in Cupertino, California. He then joined the University of Colorado Boulder but was expelled in his first year after he was caught sending messages on the University’s computer system and he returned to the Bay Area in 1969. This is the time as a self-taught project, Wozniak designed and built a Cream Soda computer with his friend Bill Fernandez.
He later decided to enroll at De Anza College and later he transferred to the University of California, Berkely in 1971. prior to joining Apple Steve Wozniak was employed at Hewlett-Packard (HP) where he designed calculators. While at HP, he befriended Steve Jobs and they went on to co-found Apple company. After his career at Apple, Wozniak joined UC Berkeley to complete his degree.
Steve Wozniak Family
Wozniak is the son of Francis Jacob Wozniak from Michigan and Margaret Louise Wozniak from Washington. He has two siblings: Mark Wozniak and Leslie Wozniak. The name indicated on Wozniak’s certificate is “Stephan Gary Wozniak,” but Steve’s mother said that she wanted it to be Spelled “Stephen,” which is what he uses.
Wozniak has mentioned that his surname is polished and Ukrainian and spoken of his polish descent and says that he is not a heritage expert so he does not know the origin of other people with the Wozniak surname.
Steve Wozniak Wife
Wozniak’s relationship with Griffin ended and Steve married Janet Hill, his fourth and current spouse. Mrs. Wozniak is a former employee at Apple and the two got married on 8 August 2008, in California. He has been married four times. His first wife was Alice Robertson whom some sources say that they met through dial-a-joke service and they got married in January of 1976. However, after four years of marriage, the couple got a divorce in 1980.
After his divorce from Alice, Wozniak began dating Candice Clark, a slalom canoe gold-medalist. They got married in June 1981 but got divorced in 1987. Their marriage resulted in the birth of their three children with the youngest being born after their divorce was finalized.
He got married a third time, to Suzanne Mulkern in 1990. Their marriage also ended with their divorce in 2004. Wozniak then got into another relationship, this time with actress Kathy Griffin, who described him on Tom Green’s House Tonight in 2008 as “the biggest techno-nerd in the Universe.
Steve Wozniak Janet Hill
Wozniak’s relationship with Griffin ended and Steve married Janet Hill, his fourth and current spouse.
Steve Wozniak Children
Wozniak has three children from his marriage to Candi Clark, his second wife. They are Jesse John Wozniak, Sara Nadine Wozniak and Stephen Gary Wozniak Jr..
Steve Wozniak Daughter
Wozniak has a daughtert named Sara Nadine Wozniak.
Steve Wozniak Net Worth
Wozniak has an estimated net worth of US$100 million dollars as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as an electronics engineer, computer programmer, philanthropist, and technology entrepreneur. Through his various sources of income, Steve has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Steve Wozniak Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Steve Wozniak.
Steve Wozniak Wiki
- Full Names: Stephen Gary Wozniak
- Popular As: Computer programmer
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Electronics engineer, computer programmer, philanthropist, and technology entrepreneur
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Steve Wozniak Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 71 years old as of 2021
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Date of Birth: 11 August 1950
- Place of Birth: San Jose, California, United States.
- Birthday: 11 August
Steve Wozniak Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 5 inches
- Weight: 78 Kg or 171 lbs
- Eye Color: Not known
- Hair Color: Not known
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Steve Wozniak Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Francis Jacob Wozniak
- Mother: Margaret Louise Wozniak
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Mark Wozniak and Leslie Wozniak
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Janet Hill m. 2008, Suzanne Mulkern m. 1990–2004, Candice Clark m. 1981–1987 and Alice Robertson m. 1976–1980
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Jesse John Wozniak, Sara Nadine Wozniak, Stephen Gary Wozniak Jr.) Daughter(s) (Not known)
Steve Wozniak Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: US$100 million dollars as of 2021
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Under Review
Steve Wozniak House and Cars
- Place of living: US
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Steve Wozniak Religion
Steve refers to himself as an atheist or agnostic.
Steve Wozniak Steve Jobs
It was during this time that he dropped out of Berkeley and befriended Steve Jobs. Wozniak was introduced to Jobs by Fernandez, who studied at Homestead High School with Jobs in the year 1971. Jobs and Wozniak became friends when Jobs served for the summer at HP, where Wozniak, too, was employed, serving on a mainframe computer.
“We first met in 1971 during my college years, while he was in high school. A friend said, ‘you should meet Steve Jobs because he likes electronics, and he also plays pranks.’ So he introduced us.”
Steve Wozniak Crypto
At the end of the year 2020, Wozniak reported the launch of a new company helmed by him. Efforts is described as a marketplace for funding ecologically friendly projects. It used a WOZX cryptocurrency token for funding and blockchain to redistribute the profit to token holders and businesses engaged on the platform. In its first week of trading, the WOZX cryptocurrency token increased by 1,400%.
Steve Wozniak Apple
Begging in the mid-1980s, as the Macintosh experienced slow but steady growth, Apple’s corporate leadership, including Steve Jobs, increasingly disrespected its flagship cash cow Apple II series—and Wozniak along with it.
Steve Wozniak Inventions
On 1 April 1976, Jobs and Wozniak formed Apple Computer (now called Apple Inc.) along with administrative supervisor Ronald Wayne, whose participation in the new venture was short-lived. They settled on the name Apple as Jobs had returned from an apple orchard in Oregon.
Wozniak resigned from his job at Hewlett-Packard and became the vice president in charge of research and development at Apple. After Apple I became successful, Wozniak designed the Apple II. This was the first personal computer that was able to display color graphics and BASIC programming language built-in.
Inspired by the technique Atari used to simulate colors on its first arcade games, Wozniak discovered a way of putting colors into the NTSC system by using a $1 chip, while colors in the PAL system were achieved by “accident” when a dot occurred on a line, and up to today, he has no idea how it works.
During the design stage, Steve Jobs insisted that the Apple II should have two expansion slots, while Wozniak wanted eight. After a long argument, during which Wozniak had threatened for Jobs to ‘go get himself another computer’, they agreed to go with eight slots. The Apple II became one of the greatest, highly successful mass-produced personal computers in the world.
Apple went public in 1980 to instant and significant financial profitability, making Jobs and Wozniak both millionaires. Apple III, which was released in the same year, was not quite successful as Apple II. Commenting on the issue he said that Apple III had 100 percent hardware failures and that the primary reason for these failures was that the system was designed by Apple’s marketing department, unlike Apple’s previous engineering-driven projects.
He also had a heavy influence in the early design and development of the Macintosh 128K till his plane crash and Steve Jobs took over.
Steve Jobs Vs Steve Wozniak
Wozniak and Steve Jobs are widely recognized as pioneers of the personal computer revolution of the 70s and 80s. Jobs and Wozniak became friends when Jobs worked at HP during the summer, where Wozniak too was employed and working on a mainframe computer.
This was backed up in a 2007 interview with ABC News on how and when he first met Jobs. He said, “We first met in 1971 during my college years, while he was in high school. A friend said, ‘you should meet Steve Jobs because he likes electronics, and he also plays pranks. So he introduced us.”
Steve Jobs was working for Atari, Inc. in Los Gatos, California, an arcade game company in 1973. He had little knowledge of circuit board design and since he had been given the assignment to create one, he made a deal with Wozniak to split the fee among them if Wozniak could minimize the number of chips. Wozniak was able to reduce the number of chips by 50 using RAM for the brick representation.
Steve Wozniak Book
- The Official Computer Freaks Joke Book (The Larry Wilde Joke Book)
- Computer Greek to Cult Icon How I Invented the Personal Computer, Co-Founded Apple and Had Fun Doing It By Steve Wozniak
- Computer Greek To Cult Icon By Steve Wozniak, Gina Smith Kindle Edition
Steve Wozniak Quotes
- My goal wasn’t to make a ton of money. It was to build good computers. I only started the company when I realized I could be an engineer forever.
- Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window.
- Wherever smart people work, doors are unlocked.
- I have always respected education, which is why I actually went back secretly and taught school for eight years.
- Although I receive a small salary from Apple, I do virtually no real work at the company.
- If I designed a computer with 200 chips I tried to design it with 150. And then I would try to design it with 10. I just tried to find every trick I could in life to design things real tiny.
- When I have spare time I catch up on things I had to postpone due to lack of time. Creative things have to sell to get acknowledged as such.
- In some parts of life, like mathematics and science, yeah, I was a genius. I would top all the top scores you could ever measure it by.
- Teachers started recognizing me and praising me for being smart in science and that made me want to be even smarter in science!
Steve Wozniak Documentary
- Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine (2015)
- Camp Woz: The Admirable Lunacy of philanthropy – a 2009 documentary
- “Greeks On Board” a 2007 documentary
- The Secret History of Hacking – a 2001 documentary film featuring Wozniak
- Triumph of the Nerds – a 1996 PBS documentary series about the rise of the personal computer.
- Steve Wozniak’s Formative Moment – a 15 March 2016, an original short feature film from Reddit Formative Moment
Frequently Asked Questions About Steve Wozniak
Who is Steve Wozniak?
Steve Wozniak is a famous electronics engineer, computer programmer, philanthropist, and technology entrepreneur. In the year 1976, he co-founded Apple Inc. with business partner Steve Jobs, which later became the world’s largest information technology company by revenue as well as the largest company in the world by market capitalization. Through their work at Apple in the 1970s and 1980s, he and Jobs are widely recognized as two prominent pioneers of the personal computer revolution.
How old is Steve Wozniak?
Wozniak is an American national born on 11 August 1950 in San Jose, California, United States.
How tall is Steve Wozniak?
Wozniak stands at a height of 6.8 m.
Is Steve Wozniak married?
Wozniak is married to Janet Hill m. 2008, Suzanne Mulkern m. 1990–2004, Candice Clark m. 1981–1987 and Alice Robertson m. 1976–1980.
How much is Steve Wozniak worth?
Wozniak has an approximate net worth of US$100 million dollars. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the science industry.
Where does Steve Wozniak live?
Wozniak is a resident of Los Gatos, California, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Is Steve Wozniak dead or alive?
Wozniak is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Wozniak Now?
Wozniak is a famous electronics engineer, computer programmer, philanthropist, and technology entrepreneur. In the year 1976, he co-founded Apple Inc.
Steve Wozniak Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: