Stormzy(Michael Ebenazer Kwadjo Omari Owuo Jr. is an English rapper born as Michael Ebenazer Kwadjo Omari Owuo Jr). He is a UK music artist who shot to the music scene in 2011 on YouTube but it wasn’t until a few years later that his series videos, ‘Wicked Skengman’ started to gain traction.
The rapper was born on 26 July 1993 in Croydon, United Kingdom. He is 26 years old as of 2019. He Celebrates his birthday on July 26, every year.
The Rapper stands at a height of 1.96m tall.
He attended Harris Academy South Norwood. He began rapping at the age of 11 and would clash with older rappers at his local youth club. In his school years, he was a very naughty boy who was on the verge of getting expelled. Stormzy got He said he got six A*s, three As, and five Bs on his GCSEs, but then only achieved a “humbling” ABCDE on his A-Levels: He also studied for an apprenticeship in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, and worked for two years at an oil refinery in Southampton, Hampshire
He comes from a family of four. His mother is Ghanaian. Details about his Father are not Known. stormzy liked the music though he didn’t come from a musical household. He is of Ghanaian descent and has been rapping since he was 11 years old when he would clash with older rappers at his local youth club. He is a cousin of Nadia Rose, a BBC Sound of 2017 nominee.
He has a brother and two sisters. Details about them have not been revealed it will be updated when there is information. He also has a cousin called Nadia Rose who is also a Rapper.
Stormzy(Rapper) Girlfriend | Stormzy(Rapper) Married | Stormzy(Rapper) Wife
Stormzy was in a relationship with his long-term girlfriend Maya Jama whom they separated after four years together. They met at the Red Bull Culture Clash in 2014. There are rumors that They separated because Stormzy cheated on her with Jorja Smith although he denied the allegations.
However, the artist has admitted he was disrespectful towards Maya. The artist has since confessed his feelings for her in a new interview with Charlamagne Tha God. He say’s, “I love her wholeheartedly. I’ve never loved anyone how I’ve loved her.” For Now, we don’t know if they are back together we will update u when there is information.
There are no details showing his annual or monthly earnings, his salary figures will be updated as soon as they are available.
Stormzy(Rapper) Net Worth
The award-winning Musician has an Estimated Net Worth of $2 million which he earned through his successful career as a journalist or reporter or any other.
Stormzy(Rapper) Facts and Body Measurements
Here are some interesting facts you don’t want to miss about Stormzy.
- Full Name: Michael Ebenazer Kwadjo Omari Owuo Jr
- Age/ How Old?: 26 years as of 2019
- Date of Birth: 26 July 1993
- Place of Birth: Croydon, United Kingdom
- Birthday: 26, July
- Nationality: British
- Fathers Name: Not Available
- Mothers Name: Not Available
- Siblings: A brother and two sisters
- Married?: Not Available
- Children/ Kids: None
- Height/ How tall?: 1.96m
- Weight: 90kg
Stormzy(Rapper) Music Career
Stormzy began rapping aged 11. He started his YouTube channel StormzyTV where he shared his freestyles including his Wicked Skengman series. He also launched his career clashing at youth clubs around his hometown. His performances evolved from grime-only music that showed a love of artists like Skepta to more rap-oriented material that reflected Stormzy‘s growing appreciation for artists like Drake.
He grew spiritually and released his EP Dreamers Disease independently in July 2014. On 22 October 2014, and won Best Grime Act at the MOBO Awards. In November the same year, he collaborated with rapper Chip and shalo on the track “I’m Fine”, also appearing in a video for the song.
In January 2015, he became number 3 in the “BBC Introducing top 5” on Radio 1. Later in March 2015, he released the single called “Know Me From”, which emerged the Uk Singles Chart at Top 50. Later in September, he released a final installment to his “WickedSkengMan” freestyle series. with his studio version of his “Shut Up” Freestyle Over XTC’s Functions on the Low instrumental. The Track became number 18 on the UK chart dated 24 September becoming his first-ever freestyle to be top 40 in the United Kingdom.
In 2016 he also released the non-album song “Scary” before he went into hiatus. Stormzy returned in early February 2017 via a series of billboard campaigns across London displaying the hashtag #GSAP 24.02. The album title was announced to be Gang Signs & Prayer. The Gang Sign and Prayer album was released in February the same month and became number one on the Uk Albums Chart in March 2017.
He has reached at the top of the Uk album chart twice first as part of “Artists for Grenfell” on 23 June 2017 with Bridge Over and Troubled Water, and secondly with his soo Vossi Bop. He describes himself influenced by the likes of Wiley and Skepta, but also R&B singers such as Frank Ocean and Lauryn Hill as influences on his Sound. stormy later released the singles “Crown”, “Sounds of the Skeng” and “Wiley Flow”, On December 13, 2019, he released his second album Heavy Is the Head.
Stormzy(Rapper) Awards and Achievements
- At the AIM Independent Music Awards in 2016, he received two awards: Innovator Award and Most Played New Independent Act.
- In 2017, he won the Independent Album of the Year for Gang Signs & Prayer at the AIM Independent Music Awards.
- BBC Music Award for Artist of the Year in 2017
- BET Award for Best International Act: the UK in 2015
- BET Award for Best International Act: Europe in 2017
- Brit Award in 2017 for British Male Solo Artist
- Brit Award in 2018 for British Album of the Year (Gang Signs & Prayer)
- Global Award 2017 for Best Song (Power (with Little Mix)) and Best RnB, Hip Hop or Grime
- GQ Men of the Year Award for Solo Artist of the Year in 2017
- Ivor Novello Award for Album Award (Gang Signs & Prayer) in 2018
- MOBO Awards for Best Grime in 2014, 2015 and 2016, Best Male in 2015, 2016 and Best Album (Gang Signs & Prayer) in 2017.
- MTV Europe Music Award for Best Worldwide Act in 2017
- Q Award for Best Solo Artist in 2017
- Rated Awards for Best Video (Know Me From) in 2015, in 2016 for Artist of the Year and for the Best Video (Big For Your Boots) in 2017.
- South Bank Sky Arts Award for The Times Breakthrough Award in 2016
The rapper has never addressed his religion openly although he has consistently expressed his faith and spirituality through his music. His single ‘Blinded By Your Frace Pt. 2’, is an ode to his religious side and he frequently makes references to God. This has led people to believe he is a Christian.
- Gang Signs & Prayer (February 2017)
- Heavy Is the Head(December 2019)
Extended plays (EPs)
- Not That Deep (with The HeavyTrackerz) (June 2014)
- Dreamers Disease (July 2014)
Stormzy(Rapper) Heavy is the Head
Heavy is the head is his second album released on December 13, 2019, through Merky Records and Atlantic Records Uk.
Stormzy(Rapper) Vossi Bop
The Vossi Bop is one of Stormzy’s solo that reached number on top of the UK singles chart released in 2019.
Stormzy(Rapper) Shut Up
“Shut Up” is a song by English rapper Stormzy. The song was released independently for digital download in the United Kingdom on 11 September 2015 as the B-side to the “WickedSkengMan 4” single by Producer(s): XTC.
- Thursday,20th Feb in Berlin, Germany
- Friday, 21st Feb in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Saturday, 22 Feb in Amsterdam, afas
- Monday, 24 Feb Hamburg, Germany
- Tue, 25, Feb Oslo, Norway
- Wed, 26, Feb Stockholm, Sweden
- Friday, 28 Cologne, Germany
- Sat, 29 Feb Paris, France
- Know Me From
- WickedSkengMan 4
- Big for Your Boots
- Cigarettes & Cush (featuring Kehlani)
- Blinded by Your Grace, Pt. 2 (featuring MNEK)
- Shut Up
- Bad Boys (featuring Ghetts and J Hus)
- First Things First
- Mr Skeng
- Velvet/Jenny Francis (Interlude)
- Return of the Rucksack
- 100 Bags
- Blinded by Your Grace, Pt. 1
- Don’t Cry for Me (featuring Raleigh Ritchie)
- 21 Gun Salute (Interlude) (featuring Wretch 32)
- Lay Me Bare
- Crazy Titch
- Ask Flipz (Krept and Konan featuring Stormzy)
As a featured artist;
- I’m Fine (with Chip featuring)
- TRKRZ ((The HeavyTrackerz with P Money, Newham Generals, Stormzy, Big Narstie, Flirta D,
- Youngs Teflon and Desperado))
- Dude (with Lethal Bizzle)
- Hear Dis (with Chip featuring)
- Out Here (with Tanika featuring )
- Ambition (with Raye)
- Aldrig Igen (må sådär) (with Cherrie)
- My Hood (with Ray BLK)
- 5ive (with Solo 45)
- Shape of You (Remix) (Ed Sheeran featuring )
- All Time Low (Jon Bellion featuring )
- Good Goodbye (Linkin Park )
- Power (Little Mix featuring )
- Bridge over Troubled Water (as part of Artists for Grenfell)
- Let Me Down (Jorja Smith featuring )
Frequently asked questions about Stormzy
How old is Stormzy now?
He is 26 years as of 2019. He will be turning 27 in 2020.
When was Stormzy born?
He was born on 26, July 1993 in Croydon, United Kingdom
What nationality is Stormzy?
He was born in the Uk hence being a British national.
How tall is Stormzy?
He stands at a height of 1.96 m.
Does Stormzy have children?
He does not have any children yet.
Does Stormzy have siblings?
Yes, He has a brother and a two sisters.
What is Stormzy’s net worth?
Stormy has accrued over $2 million in her singing career.
Is Stormzy still alive?
Yes, she is alive and stable.
How many Grammys does Stormzy have?
He has won more than 10 Emmy awards.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.