Who Was Susan Hayward? Susan Hayward Biography and Wiki
Susan Hayward was an American actress and model who was born and brought up in Brooklyn, New York, United States. She rose to fame as a fashion model and also traveled to Hollywood in 1937. Susan also played several small supporting roles in the late 1940s before her tragic death.
She was also born on the same day, and in the same city, as entertainer Lena Horne. Hayward was educated at Public School 181 and graduated from the Girls’ Commercial High School later renamed Prospect Heights High School.
10 Facts About Susan Hayward
- Name: Susan Hayward
- Age: 57years old at the time of her death.
- Birthday: 14th March
- Height: Around 1.60 meters
- Weight: 57 kilograms
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actress and Model
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: To be Updated.
- Networth: $3 Million
Susan Hayward Age and Birthday, how old was Susan Hayward when she died?
Susan died at the age of 57 on 14th March 1975. She was born on June 30, 1917, in Brooklyn, New York. Before her death, she was diagnosed with brain cancer. Susan succumbed to the illness after suffering several seizures in her Beverly Hills home.
Susan Hayward Height and Weight
Susan was described as a woman of average stature who appeared to be quite tall in stature in her photos. She stood at a height of 1.6 m and she also weighed 57 kg.
Susan Hayward Affair And Husband
Before her death, Susan was the wife of actor Jess Barker for 10 years. The couple had two fraternal twin sons named Gregory and Timothy. Both of them were born on February 19, 1945. However, Susan and Jess divorced in 1954. This affected Hayward deeply. She even attempted suicide after the divorce. During the contentious divorce proceedings, Hayward stayed in the United States rather than going to work.
Therefore, she began to shoot scenes with her co-star named Clark Gable at the indoor scenes of Hollywood. A few brief, distant scenes of Gable and a Hayward double walking near landmarks in Hong Kong were combined with the indoor shots. But Susan decided to remarry in 1957. Therefore, she got married to Floyd Eaton Chalkley who was commonly known as Eaton Chalkley.
She lived with him on a farm near Carrollton, Georgia. The couple also owned property across the state line in Cleburne County, just outside Heflin, Alabama. She became a popular figure in an area that in the 1950s was off the beaten path for most celebrities.
In December 1964, she and her husband were baptized Catholic by Father McGuire at SS Peter and Paul’s Roman Catholic Church on Larimer Avenue, in the East Liberty section of Pittsburgh. Chalkley died on January 9, 1966. This made Hayward sad and devastated. Therefore she went into mourning and did little acting for several years. Moreover, she decided to reside in Florida because she preferred not to live in her Georgia home without her husband.
Susan Hayward Sons and Grand Children
Susan was blessed with two sons named Timothy and Gregory Barker. Timothy is currently married to his wife Jean Marie Hong. However, our efforts to get more details about his twin brother Gregory Barker came to no avail. This is because he likes to keep personal matters away from the public.
Susan Hayward Death: What Did Susan Hayward Die Of?
Susan Hayward was diagnosed with brain cancer in 1973. But in March 1975, Susan suffered a seizure in her Beverly Hills home. She was pronounced dead at the age of 57. A funeral service was held on March 16 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Roman Catholic Church in Carrollton, Georgia.
Hayward’s body was buried in the church’s cemetery. Hayward may have developed cancer from radioactive fallout from atmospheric atomic bomb tests, while making The Conqueror with John Wayne in St. George, Utah.
Susan Hayward Valley Of The Dolls
This is a 1967 drama film that was originally directed by Mark Robson. It stars Barbara Perkins and Patty Duke among other famous actors. The storyline of the movie is based on Jacqueline Susann’s 1966 novel which bears the same title as the movie.
Susan Hayward With A Song In My Heart
This is one of the 1952 biographical films. It tells the story of an actress and singer named Jane Froman. The actress who was crippled by an airplane crash in 1943. This is after the Boing 314 Pan American plane she has on suffered a serious crash landing in the Tagus River in Portugal.
Susan Hayward Net Worth
At that time her estimated net worth is $3 Million Dollars. Furthermore, she had owned a lot of cars and fashionable clothes. After she made her first acting debut on screen, Hayward became more and more famous through modeling. She is always remembered as among the top models back in the 1940s.
Susan Hayward Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Susan.
Susan Hayward Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Edythe Marrenner
- Popular As: Susan Hayward
- Gender: female
- Occupation / Profession: deceased actress and model
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Susan Hayward Birthday
- Age / How Old?: died at the age of 57
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Date of Birth: June 30, 1917
- Place of Birth: Brooklyn New York.
- Birthday: June 30th
Susan Hayward Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 36-26-36
- Height / How Tall?: 1.6 m
- Weight: 57 kg
- Eye Color: brown
- Hair Color: Red
- Shoe Size: 7 US
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: 36
- Waist Size: 26
- Hip Size: 36
Susan Hayward Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Ellen Pearson
- Mother: Walter Marrenner
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Florence Marrenner and Walter Marrenner Jr.
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Floyd Eaton Chalkley (1957-1966) and Jess Barker (1944-1954)
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons ( Timothy and Gregory Baker)
Susan Hayward Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $3 Million Dollars
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: deceased actress and model
Susan’s quality of film roles had improved and she achieved recognition for her dramatic abilities. This was followed by recognition for her dramatic abilities with the first of five Academy Award nominations. This was for her Best Actress performance where she was an alcoholic in Smash-Up and the Story of a woman in 1947.
Later on, she finally won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of death row inmate Barbara Graham. from there her film appearances became infrequent, and although she continued acting in film television.
Susan Hayward Movies
- The Revengers, The Honey Pot, Valley Of The Dolls, Where Love Has Gone, Stolen Hours, I Thank A Fool, Ada, Back Street, The Marriage-Go-Round, Woman Obsessed, Thunder In The Sun, I Want To Live! Top Secret Affair, The Conqueror, I’ll Cry Tomorrow, Soldier Of Fortune
- Untamed, Demetrius And The Gladiators, Garden Of Evil, The President’s Lady, White Witch Doctor, The Lusty Men, The Snows Of Kilimanjaro, With A Song In My Heart, I Can Get It For You Wholesale
- I’D Climb The Highest Mountain, David, And Bathsheba, Rawhide, House Of Strangers, My Foolish Heart, Tulsa, The Saxon Charm, Tap Roots, The Lost Moment, Smash-Up, The Story Of A Woman, They Won’t Believe Me, Deadline At Dawn, Canyon Passage
- And Now Tomorrow, The Fighting Seabees, The Hairy Ape, Hit Parade Of 1943, Jack London, Young And Willing, Married A Witch, Star-Spangled Rhythm, The Forest Rangers, Reap The Wild Wind, Adam Had Four Sons, Among The Living, Sis Hopkins.
Susan Hayward Quotes
- I never thought of myself as a movie star. I’m just a working girl. A working girl who worked her way to the top – and never fell off.
- I learned at a very early age that life is a battle. My family was poor, my neighborhood was poor. The only way that I could get away from the awfulness of life, at that time, was at the movies. There I decided that my big aim was to make money. And it was there that I became a very determined woman.
- My life is fair game for anybody. I spent an unhappy, penniless childhood in Brooklyn. I had to slug my way up in a town called Hollywood where people love to trample you to death. I don’t relax because I don’t know how. I don’t want to know-how. Life is too short to relax
- When you’re dead, you’re dead. No one is going to remember me when I’m dead. Oh, maybe a few friends will remember me affectionately. Being remembered isn’t the most important thing, anyhow. It’s what you do when you are here that’s important.
Frequently Asked Questions Susan Hayward?
Who was Hayward?
Susan was an American actress and model who rose to fame as a fashion model and who also traveled to Hollywood in 1937.
How old was Hayward?
Susan died on March 14, 1975, at the age of 58.
How tall was Hayward?
She stood at a height of 5feet and 4 inches which is equivalent to 1.61 m tall.
Was Hayward Married?
Yes, before her death Hayward was married to actor Jess Barker.
How much was Hayward worth?
Her approximated net worth was $3 Million Dollars.
How much did Hayward make?
Details about how much she used to make in every role she played are still unknown.
What happened to Hayward?
Susan succumbed to Brain Cancer on March 14, 1975, when she suffered seizures in her Beverly Hills home.
Where did Hayward live?
She used to live in Los Angeles, California in the USA before her death.
Is Hayward dead or alive?
Hayward died on March 14, 1975.
Susan Hayward Social Media Contacts
- Instagram: to be Updated
- Twitter: to be Updated
- Facebook: to be Updated
- Youtube: to be Updated
- Tiktok: to be Updated
- Website: to be Updated
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: