- 1 Tara Westover Biography and Wiki
- 2 Tara Westover Age
- 3 Tara Westover Height and Weight
- 4 Tara Westover Education
- 5 Tara Westover Family and Parents
- 6 Tara Westover Siblings
- 7 Tara Westover Husband and Married
- 8 Tara Westover Married Drew
- 9 Tara Westover Books
- 10 Tara Westover Book Tour
- 11 Tara Westover Harvard
- 12 Tara Westover Mormon
- 13 Tara Westover Dissertation
- 14 Tara Westover Educated Summary and Movie
- 15 Tara Westover Family Response
- 16 Tara Westover Net Worth
- 17 Tara Westover Measurements and Facts
- 18 Career
- 19 Tara Westover Awards and Recognition
- 20 Tara Westover Quotes
- 21 Frequently Asked Questions About Tara Westover
- 22 Who is Tara Westover?
- 23 How old is Tara Westover?
- 24 How tall is Tara Westover?
- 25 How Many Siblings Does Tara Westover Have?
- 26 Is Tara Westover Married?
- 27 Where did Tara Westover grow up?
- 28 Does Tara Westover believe in god?
- 29 How much is Tara Westover worth?
- 30 How To Contact Tara Westover?
- 31 Is Tara Westover dead or alive?
- 32 Where is Tara Westover now?
- 33 Tara Westover Social Media Contacts
- 34 Related Biographies.
- 35 Reference:
Tara Westover Biography and Wiki
Tara Westover is an American memoirist, essayist and historian who is widely recognized for writing her first best-selling memoir known as Educated. The memoir was published in 2018. Among several other awards, the book got two award nominations from the National Book Critics Circle Award.
It also got longlisted for the Carnegie Medal of Excellence. In addition, the book won the Goodreads Choice Award for Memoir & Autobiography. Her book was also named by the New York Times as one of the 10 best books in 2018. In addition, it became a finalist for the LA Times Book Prize and PEN America’s grand prize, as well as also the Jean Stein Book Award.
Tara Westover Age
Tara is 33 years old as of 2020, she was born on September 27, 1986, in Clifton, Idaho, United States. She celebrates her birthday on 27 September every year and her birth sign is Virgo. Tara turns 34 years old on Sept 27. 2021.
Tara Westover Height and Weight
Westover stands at an average height and moderate weight. She also appears to be quite tall in her photos as well. However, details about her exact height and weight are still under because such information is not available in any online publication hence we will update this section once we have it from a reliable source.
Tara Westover Education
Tara was able to pass her ACT exam even though she was homeschooled. She joined Brigham Young University right after high school. Her first year was difficult but she managed to cope after a while and graduated with honors in 2008. After graduating from Brigham Young, Tara pursued her Master’s Degree and a Doctorate in Intellectual History from the University of Cambridge on a Gates Scholarship.
Tara Westover Family and Parents
She is the youngest of seven children born to survivalist parents, Val and LaRee Westover. Tara confirmed she was born and delivered by a midwife without visiting a doctor or even nurse. Due to this, she never got a birth certificate until she was nine years old.
Even if the children got serious injuries sustained. Their parents would forbid them from going to hospitals. They were forced to get treatment at home by their mother who had studied herbalism and other methods of alternative healing.
Tara Westover Siblings
Tara has one sister named Audrey and five brothers named Tony, Shawn, Luke, Richard and Tyler. All of them grew up together in Idaho.
Tara Westover Husband and Married
Tara likes to keep her personal life private hence information about her dating life is under research. It is not known whether she is married, dating, or has any children. However, this information will be updated as soon as it is available.
Tara Westover Married Drew
Despite keeping her private life away from the public, Tara revealed a secret boyfriend named Drew in her memoir. Therefore, readers of her best-selling memoir are left in suspense. They don’t know if Tara got married to Drew or not.
Tara Westover Books
Westover is the author of her own book titled Educated: A Memoir. This book was officially released in 2018. The storyline is about Tara who sets foot into a classroom at the age of seventeen due to her survivalist family in Idaho. You can get her book on Amazon and read her incredible Memoir.
Tara Westover Book Tour
The exact dates of Tara’s upcoming tours are still under review. However, Tara has mentioned the book tours on media interviews with Ellen, Oprah and many more that are available on youtube.
Tara Westover Harvard
In 2019, Tara was chosen as A.M. Rosenthal Fall writer by residents of the Shorenstein Center at Harvard Kennedy School. She was also given a Senior Research Fellow position at HKS during the Spring of 2020.
Tara Westover Mormon
In her memoir, Tara vividly describes the unorthodox upbringing she faced as the child of a survivalist Mormon family. She also confirmed in media interviews that she decided to leave the Mormon church for good.
Tara Westover Dissertation
A dissertation is a document that is submitted in support of professional status or candidacy. It is accompanied by a professional qualification that should present the author’s research and findings. Tara’s Dissertation is currently under review.
Tara Westover Educated Summary and Movie
Tara is the author and writer of her won 2018 memoir titled Educated: A Memoir. The storyline is about Tara who set foot into a classroom at the age of seventeen due to her survivalist family in Idaho. You can get her book on Amazon and read her incredible Memoir.
Tara Westover Family Response
According to our research, Tara’s family has not publicly responded to her Memoir. However, this section is currently under review. We will update you as soon as her family publicly shares their remarks about Tara’s memoir.
Tara Westover Net Worth
Tara has an estimated Net Worth of around $1 Million dollars as of 2020. This includes her Assets, Money and Income. Her primary source of income is her career as a Memoirist, Essayist, and Historian. Through her various sources of income, Westover has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Tara Westover Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Tara.
Tara Westover Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Tara Westover
- Popular As: Tara
- Gender: female
- Occupation / Profession: Memoirist, essayist, and historian
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: white
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Tara Westover Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 33 years old
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Date of Birth: September 27, 1986
- Place of Birth: Clifton, Idaho
- Birthday: September 27th
Tara Westover Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Hair Color: blonde
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: Not Available
- Waist Size: Not Available
- Hip Size: Not Available
Tara Westover Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): LaRee Westover
- Mother: Val Westover
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): five brothers (Tony, Shawn, Luke, Richard &Tyler) and one sister (Audrey)
- Marital Status: Single
- Husband/Spouse: Not Available
- Dating / Boyfriend: Single
- Children: none
Tara Westover Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: around $1 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Memoirist, essayist, and historian
Tara is widely recognized for writing her first best selling memoir titled Educated. She was also homeschooled by her mother. Tara revealed in her memoir that she was taught how to read by an older brother. Therefore, she grew up studying the scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ and the doctrines her family believed in.
Her desire to enter the larger world by attending college grew bigger and she began to purchase textbooks that made her pass the ACT Exams. Thus, she was able to gain admission to Brigham University where she was also given a scholarship. Tara was able to graduate from the college with impressive honors in 2008. She then earned her first Master’s degree from the University of Cambridge at Trinity College.
However, things changed when Tara confined in her parents that she had been physically and psychologically abused by an older brother since she was 15 years old. Tara’s parents didn’t believe her story, so they began to accuse her of being under the influence of Satan’s spirits. The following events made Tara write her first memoir, Educated in 2018. She talks about the estrangement in her family and the very hostile path she went through as a university student.
Tara Westover Awards and Recognition
- Named the Book of the Year by the American Booksellers Association, Finalist for the John Leonard Prize from the National Book Critics Circle, Amazon Editors’ pick for the Best Book of 2018, Finalist for PEN/America’s Jean Stein Award
- One of the New York Times’s 10 Best Books of 2018, Finalist for Barnes and Noble’s Discover Great Writers Award, Long-listed for the Carnegie Medal of Excellence, Finalist for the American Booksellers Association Audiobook of the Year Award
- Winner of the Goodreads Choice Award for Autobiography, Finalist for the LA Times Book Prize in Biography, Winner of the Audie Award for Autobiography/Memoir, Finalist for the Autobiography Award from the National Book Critics Circle, Alex Award from the American Library Association
Tara Westover Quotes
- Forgiveness isn’t just the absence of anger. I think it’s also the presence of self-love when you actually begin to value yourself.
- I get up when I feel like getting up. That’s the deal I’ve made with myself: I can stay in bed as long as my dog’s bladder holds. The other half of that deal is that once the dog is walked, the very next thing I do is write. It’s mechanical. It’s programming, very nearly brainwashing.
- Not knowing my birthday had never seemed strange. I knew I’d been born near the end of September, and each year I picked a day, one that didn’t fall on a Sunday because it’s no fun spending your birthday in church.
- Publishing a book is a very different thing than writing one.
- It’s very difficult to continue to believe in yourself and that you’re a good person when the people who know you best don’t.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tara Westover
Who is Tara Westover?
Tara a renowned American memoirist, essayist and historian who is widely recognized for writing her first best selling memoir titled Educated.
How old is Tara Westover?
Tara is an American national born on September 27, 1986, in Clifton, Idaho.
How tall is Tara Westover?
She stands at an average height but she has not shared her exact height with the public. Therefore, her height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
How Many Siblings Does Tara Westover Have?
According to her memoir, Tara grew up alongside her five brothers named Tony, Shawn, Luke, Richard & Tyler and one sister (Audrey).
Is Tara Westover Married?
Details about Tara’s love life are still under review. We will let you know when she gets in a relationship or when we discover helpful information about her love life.
Where did Tara Westover grow up?
Tara was born and raised to a religious family based in Clifton, Idaho.
Does Tara Westover believe in god?
Because of her unorthodox upbringing to survivalist Mormon parents. Tara decided to leave the Mormon church for good.
How much is Tara Westover worth?
Tara has not yet revealed her estimated net worth. We will update this section when we get and verify information about the wealth and properties under her name.
How To Contact Tara Westover?
There are no current details about Tara’s Contact and email but you can follow her official website for more information.
Is Tara Westover dead or alive?
She is still alive and healthy. There have been no reports of him being sick or having health-related issues.
Where is Tara Westover now?
She is still an active American memoirist, essayist, and historian who authored a popular best selling memoir called Educated.
Tara Westover Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and
Featured Famous People Starting with Letter T
- Tabitha Brown
- Tabria Majors
- Taffi Dollar
- Tami Chynn
- Tamika Mallory
- Tammie Souza
- Tammy Bruce
- Tana Mundkowsky
- Tania Tare
- Tania Torres
- Tanja Rosner
- Tanya Acker
- Tanya Orourke
- Tara Westover
- Tati Amare
- Tawny Little
- Taya Smith
- Taylor Bisacky
- Taylor Grenda
- Taylor Hicks
- Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Taylor Kinney
- Taylor Stewart
- Taylor Tomlinson
- Tay Money
- Teddi Siddall
- Ted Williams
- Telma Hopkins
- Teresa Earnhardt
- Teresa Priolo
- Teresa Topnotch
- Terrell Brown
- Terrell Carter
- Terrence Lee
- Terri Savelle Foy
- Terry Gannon
- Terry Meeuwsen
- Terry Melcher
- Teruko Nakagami
- Tessa Mentus
- Tess Maune
- Thaddeus Matthews
- Theodore Pellerin
- Thierry Henry
- Thomas Drayton
- Thomas Girardi
- Thomas Howes
- Thomas Wesley Weeks Iii
- Tia Torres
- Tico Wells
- Tiffany Brooks
- Tiffany Cross
- Tiffany Heinen
- Tiffany Rockelle
- Tim Kang
- Tim Robinson
- Tim Seymour
- Tim Wells
- Tina Charles
- Tina Wesson
- Tina Yong
- Tito Santana
- Titus Welliver
- Todd Galberth
- Todd Gibel
- Todd Withers
- Tom Bernthal
- Tom Costello
- Tom Green
- Tom Griffith
- Tom Griswold
- Tom Jones
- Tom Keene
- Tom Macdonald Rapper
- Tom Martino
- Tommy Bracco
- Tommy Gooding
- Tom Oar
- Tom Skilling
- Tom Williams
- Tony Hicks
- Tony Mcewing
- Tony Perkins
- Tony Pitts
- Tony Schiena
- Tope Alabi
- Toure Roberts
- Trace Gallagher
- Traci Dinwiddie
- Traci Lynn Johnson
- Tracy Butler
- Tracy Mccool
- Travis Haley
- Travis Jankowski
- Travis Meyer
- Travis Rodgers
- Travis Tope
- Tray Chaney
- Trent Kelly
- Trent Shelton
- Trevor Ault
- Trevor Long
- Trevor Wallace
- Tricia Cast
- Tricia Macke
- Tricia Whitaker
- Trish Toledo
- Tristyn Lee
- Troy Hayden
- Tyler Nolan
- Tyrin Turner
- Tyron Leitso
- Tyrus Wrestler
- Tyson Ballou
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.