Teddy Riley Biography
Teddy Riley is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who was born and brought up in Harlem, New York, United States of America. He is widely known for his hit track “Teddy’s Jam”. Teddy is also credited with the creation of the new jack swing genre. The iconic singer brought about his unique style in music, he fused hip hop and R&B. He has had a successful career in music and he hаѕ rесоrdеd ѕеvеrаl аlbumѕ wіth thе mоѕt рорulаr реrѕоnаlіtіеѕ such as the late Michael Jackson amongst many others.
Teddy has made a great impact on the music industry! and over the years he has been able to prove his mastery in the art, we have got the most important information as well as quick facts about him, for those who are yet to know who this great and talented singer is.
10 Quick Facts About Teddy Riley
- Name: Edward Theodore Riley
- Age: 56 Years (As of 2023)
- Birthday: 8 October
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Height: 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, and Record Producer
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $3 Million
Teddy Riley Age
Riley is 56 years old as of 2023, he was born on 8 October 1967, in Harlem, New York, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 8 October every year and his birth sign is Libra.
Teddy Riley Height
Riley stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.7 m). His body measurements are 41-32-35 inches.
Teddy Riley Weight
Riley Weighs 79 kg (174 lbs). He has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Teddy Riley Family
Riley was born and raised by his parents in Harlem. His mother’s name is Mildred Riley. He spent his childhood with his sibling brother named Markell Riley. Our efforts to find out more about his family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of Teddy’s father is still unclear. We will update this section once this information is available.
Teddy Riley Wife
Riley is currently married to his wife Donna Roberts. The couple met in Wilson’s Leather Store. The counter led to the producer to pen the classic record, ‘I Want Her’. They are blessed with three children named Dejanee (born 1994), Taja (born 1991), and Tiarra (2001).
He was previously in relationships with Melinda Santiago and Alicia Etheredge. He has five children from his previous relationships named Nia, Samar, Lil Teddy, Dante Horne, and TJ Riley.
Teddy Riley Children
From their marriage, Donna and Teddy became parents of three children: Dejanee, Taja, and Tiarra. Additionally, Riley has two other children which makes his children count to five. His children are Nia Riley, Samar Riley, Lil Teddy Riley, Dante Horne, and TJ Riley. According to reliable sources, Donna gave birth to Teddy Riley’s daughter around 1994. Taja and Tiarra, meanwhile, were born in 1991 and 2001 respectively.
Teddy Riley Daughter, Deja Riley
Riley has eight kids out of which four are girls and the other four are boys. his children are; Nia Riley, Taja Riley, Dejanee Riley, Samar Riley, Lil Teddy Riley, Dante Horne, Bobbie Riley, and TJ Riley.
His eldest daughter, Deja Riley, is a seasoned entertainer and entrepreneur. Deja also got to experience life as a singer when she and her sisters formed the girl group, Riley.
However, they only got to release one single before the group was left in the dark, and each sibling moved on with their life. Nia Riley, for example, went on to appear on “Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood.”
Teddy Riley Net Worth
Riley has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2023. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as a singer, songwriter, and record producer. Through his various sources of income, Teddy has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Teddy Riley Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Teddy.
Teddy Riley Wiki
- Full Names: Edward Theodore Riley
- Popular As: Teddy
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Singer, Songwriter, and Record Producer
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: African-American
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Teddy Riley Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 56 years (2023)
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Date of Birth: 8 October 1967
- Place Of Birth: Harlem, New York, USA
- Birthday: 8 October
Teddy Riley Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 41-32-35 inches
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 6 inches (1.70 m)
- Weight: 79 kg (174 lbs)
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
- Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Bicep Size: 13 inches
- Chest Size: 41 inches
- Waist Size: 32 inches
- Hip Size: 35 inches
Teddy Riley Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Known
- Mother: Mildred Riley
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Markell Riley
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Donna Roberts
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Lil Teddy Riley, Dante Horne, and Samar Riley) Daughter(s) (Nia Riley, Dejanee Riley, Taja Riley, Bobbie Riley, TJ Riley)
Teddy Riley Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $3 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Singer, Songwriter, and Record Producer
Teddy Riley Music
A child genius from the age of five, Riley started playing instruments in church. His uncle, who had the famed Harlem club The Rooftop, built a studio in the club in which Riley would practice most of his time while growing up. By 14, upstate New York rappers began making music to his tracks.
Under the direction of local music producer Gene Griffin, Riley formed the short-lived group Kids at Work. At the age of 18, Riley produced Kool Moe Dee’s 12″ single, “Go See the Doctor”. Published on an autonomous label in 1986, the song became a crossover hit, reaching No.89 on the Billboard Hot 100. Riley had earlier worked on the production of Doug E. Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew’s “The Show” in 1985.
Today he is widely recognized with inventing the “new jack swing” blending genre of music. He mixed hip-hop with R&B in his production work with artists like Michael Jackson, Dough E. Fresh, Bobby Brown, Keith Sweat, Today, Usher, Heavy D., Hi-Five, and Jane Child, including his own groups, Guy and Blackstreet.
Riley has had an inestimable influence on gospel and R&B music, which became more open to using rap and sound effects in their recordings. He became a master at churning out remixes of R&B songs and their unique versions with a rap monologue, notably on hit songs like “Right Here” and “Two Can Play That Game.”
Teddy Riley R&B
Не mаdе hіѕ fіrѕt grоuр аѕ R&В, аnd wіth thе ѕuссеѕѕful wоrkіng оf іt, Теddу mаdе аnоthеr grоuр аѕ Вlасkѕtrееt аnd rеlеаѕеd mоѕt рорulаr аlbumѕ lіkе Guу іn 1988, Тhе Futurе іn 1990, аnd Guу ІІІ іn 2000. Along with Neo-Soul’s style of singers such as Marvin Gaye, he has had a seminal influence on gospel and R&B music, which became more open to using rap and sound effects in their recordings.
Teddy Riley and BabyFace
Teddy Riley hit the headlines for the umpteenth time in mid-April 2020. While the world was fighting with Coronavirus, he took to IG live and battled fellow producer Babyface. It was a battle for the grown folks which took place on Monday night (Apr. 20, 2020) on Instagram Live, as two of the most renowned figures in modern R&B, Teddy Riley and Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds took turns spinning their respective classics, to the delight of music fans across social media.
Though the contest amid the two legendary writer-producers was originally slated for three Sundays prior, the bout was delayed by a combination of Babyface having tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and Teddy Riley getting issue with some elements of the Timbaland- and Swizz-Beatz-curated Verzuz series.
The showdown was rescheduled for last Saturday, but that also proved untimely, as technical issues on Riley’s end (which most bystanders blamed on his elaborate stage setup) ended up forcing a second postponement of the face-off which will be held at later date.
Teddy Riley Accomplishments, Awards and Nominations
We can’t contest the fact that Teddy is indeed a great singer, his work has not gone unnoticed he was nominated for the 4oth annual GRAMMY AWARDS in 2010, his album, The fame Monster was also nominated for the category, Album Of The Year but he did not win.
Again, Teddy received another Grammy nomination in the 53rd Grammy’s but he also did not win. His wins include Best engineered album- NON-CLASSICAL for the album, Dangerous. His son Jam won the Best Rhythm & Blues award as he also claimed the producer of the year for his album, non-classical.
Teddy Riley Songs
- Let’s Chill
- I Like
- Piece of My Love
- My Fantasy
- Is It Good to You
- Goodbye Love
- Teddy’s Jam
- Do Me Right
- Teddy’s Jam 2
- You Can Call Me Crazy
- D-O-G Me Out
- Wanna Get With U
- The Future · 1990
- New Jack City
- Spend the Night
- Tease Me Tonite
Teddy Riley Legacy
Teddy is a legendary musician, producer, and songwriter who has had a significant impact on the music industry. He was born in Virginia in 1967 and began his music career in the early 1980s as a member of the group Kids at Work.
Teddy later formed the group Guy with Aaron Hall and Timmy Gatling, and they released their self-titled debut album in 1988. The album was a massive success, and it helped to establish the new jack swing genre, which combined elements of hip hop, R&B, and funk.
Riley went on to produce hit records for many artists, including Michael Jackson, Bobby Brown, Kool Moe Dee, and SWV. He also co-wrote and produced “Remember the Time” for Michael Jackson’s Dangerous album, which was a huge success.
In addition to his work as a producer and songwriter, Teddy is also an accomplished musician and has played keyboards and other instruments on many of the records he’s worked on.
Riley has won many awards throughout his career, including several Grammy Awards and American Music Awards. He was also inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2019. Today, he continues to produce and write music, and his legacy as a pioneer of new jack swing and a trailblazer in the music industry continues to inspire new generations of musicians and producers.
Teddy Riley Hobbies and interests
- Martial arts: Teddy has been a practitioner of martial arts for many years and has a black belt in karate. He has said that the discipline and focus required for martial arts have helped him in his music career.
- Fashion: Teddy has been interested in fashion since he was a child and has designed clothing for himself and others throughout his life. He has also worked with fashion designers to create outfits for his stage performances.
- Video games: In an interview with Complex, Teddy mentioned that he is a fan of video games and that he plays them to relax and unwind.
- Cooking: Teddy has said that he enjoys cooking and that he often makes meals for his family and friends. In fact, he even created a recipe for a special type of fried chicken that he calls “Teddy’s Jammin’ Wings.”
- Philanthropy: Teddy has also been involved in various charitable activities throughout his career, including donating money to organizations that help children and families in need.
Teddy Riley Personal beliefs
- Family: In interviews, Teddy has often spoken about the importance of family in his life. He has said that his mother was a major influence on him and that he has tried to instill a sense of discipline and responsibility in his own children.
- Hard work and dedication: Teddy is known for his work ethic and his dedication to his craft. He has said that he believes in putting in the time and effort to achieve one’s goals and that he is constantly striving to improve his skills as a musician and producer.
- Collaboration: Teddy has worked with many different artists throughout his career and has spoken about the importance of collaboration in the creative process. He has said that he enjoys working with other artists and that he believes that everyone has something to contribute.
- Giving back: As mentioned earlier, Teddy has been involved in various charitable activities throughout his career. He has said that he believes in giving back to the community and that he tries to use his success to help others.
- Faith: While Teddy has not spoken extensively about his religious beliefs, he has mentioned in interviews that he grew up in a Christian household and that his faith has played a role in his life.
Teddy Riley Quotes
Frequently Asked Questions About Teddy Riley
Teddy is a famous singer, songwriter, and record producer who is widely known for his hit track “Teddy’s Jam”.
Teddy is an American national born on 8th October 1967, in Harlem, New York.
Teddy stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 meters).
Yes, Teddy is married to Donna Roberts. The couple met in Wilson’s Leather Store. They have three children named Dejanee (born 1994), Taja (born 1991), and Tiarra (2001).
Teddy has an approximate net worth of $3 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Details about Teddy’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Because of security reasons, Teddy has not shared his precise location of residence. We will update this information if we get the location and images of his house.
Teddy is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Teddy is and has been producing music since 1984, having his last music released on YouTube on 15th September 2022.
Teddy Riley Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
Other Famous Musicians and Entertainers
- Andrew Ridgeley
- Barbara Mandrell
- Bill Anderson
- Billy Currington
- Brandon Lake
- Bree Runway
- Brent Smith
- Buddy Guy
- Carin Leon
- Carl Thomas Dean
- Cheryl Scott
- Chino Moreno
- Chris Motionless
- Chuck Mangione
- Claudine Longet
- Clifton Davis
- Colt Ford
- Connie Smith
- Cory Asbury
- Courtney Laplante
- Deray Davis
- Derek Trucks
- Dj Screw
- Don Felder
- Donald Fagen
- Donnie Wahlberg
- Easton Corbin
- Ed Ames
- Elliana Walmsley
- Eva Marie Saint
- Faizon Love
- Gavin Magnus
- Gerald Levert
- Grace Slick
- Gracie Abrams
- Irene Cara
- Jack Hartmann
- John Aniston
- John Crist
- John Rzeznik
- Johnny Mathis
- Johnny Suh
- Jon Pardi
- Kari Jobe
- Katie Noel
- Layton Greene
- Lisa Simone
- Lukas Haas
- Lzzy Hale
- Manwell Reyes
- Mark Lowry
- Matteo Lane
- Merrick Hanna
- Mick Mars
- Mickey Gilley
- Navarone Garibaldi
- Nephew Tommy
- Noah Schnacky
- Otis Williams
- Pam Grier
- Patty Loveless
- Patty Smyth
- Peter Cetera
- Ramon Ayala
- Rio Da Yung Og
- Rubi Rose
- Ryan Upchurch
- Rylo Rodriguez
- Sam Waterston
- Samantha Fish
- Shirley Caesar
- Struggle Jennings
- Taylor Hicks
- Terry Melcher
- Till Lindemann
- Trevor Wallace