Gareth Gates Biography
Gareth Gates (Gareth Paul Gates) was born on 12th July 1984 in Bradford, United Kingdom. He is an English singer-songwriter. He was the runner-up in the first series of the ITV talent show Pop Idol.
Gareth Gates Education Background
He attended Dixons City Technology College in West Bowling where he studied art and music at GCSE level.
Career/ Pop Idol
He joined Bradford Cathedral choir at age nine. He was head chorister by the age of eleven, singing solo for the Queen when she visited in 1997. Gates achieved Grade 8 in piano, classical guitar and singing. He became a Christian through Bradford’s Abundant Life church, where he played his guitar. He gained a reserve place at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester before the finals of Pop Idol.
In 2002 he auditioned for first series of Pop Idol where he became the runners up. He was signed up by Simon Cowell to the BMG label.
His first single, a cover of “Unchained Melody”, entered the UK Singles Chart at number one. The single went double-platinum in the UK, and was voted 2002’s The Record of the Year by ITV viewers. This was followed by another number-one single, “Anyone of Us (Stupid Mistake)”. His third single, a double A-side “Suspicious Minds”/”The Long and Winding Road”, a duet with Pop Idol winner Will Young, also reached number one. His fourth, “What My Heart Wants to Say”, reached number five.
Gareth Gates Albums
- 2014: The Very Best Of Gareth Gates
- 2007: Pictures of the Other Side
- 2003: Go Your Own Way
- 2002: What My Heart Wants to Say
Gareth Gates Songs
- Unchained Melody
- Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake)
- Suspicious Minds
- What My Heart Wants To Say
- Good Thing
- Too Serious Too Soon
- It Ain’t Obvious
- With You All The Time
- (I’ve Got No) Self Control
- Tell Me One More Time
- One And Ever Love
- Walk On By
- That’s When You Know
- Sunshine (Vox Up)
- Groove With Me
- All Cried Out
- Enough Of Me
- Go Your Own Way
- Just Say Yes
- Club Hoppin’
- Soul Affection
- Spirit In The Sky (With Special Guests ‘The Kumars’)
- Say It Isn’t So
- Listen To My Heart
- Too Soon To Say Goodbye
- Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now
- It Happens Every Time
- Musical Theatre
Gareth Gates Family; Wife & Child
She got engaged to Suzanne Mole on the New Year’s Eve 2007 and got mariied on 18 July 2008 in a private ceremony for family and friends. The couple had their first child together on 6 April 2009, a girl they named Missy. They later divorced in 2012.
Gareth Gates Girlfriend/ Gareth Gates Faye Brooke
He is dating Faye Brookes, Coronation Street star who he met when they starred together in Legally Blonde: The Musical, shortly before he split from his wife.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do