Bette Midler Bio
Bette Midler is an American singer, songwriter, actress, comedian, and film producer. He was born on December 1, 1945 in in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Ruth and Fred Midler.
She was raised in Aiea and attended Radford High School, in Honolulu. Midler majored in drama at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, and was a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon international sorority, but left after three semesters. She earned money in the 1966 film Hawaii as an extra, playing an uncredited seasick passenger named Miss David Buff.
Midler relocated to New York City in the summer of 1965, using money from her work in the film Hawaii. She landed her first professional onstage role in Tom Eyen’s Off-Off-Broadway plays in 1965, Miss Nefertiti Regrets and Cinderella Revisited, a children’s play by day and an adult show by night. From 1966 to 1969, she played the role of Tzeitel in Fiddler on the Roof on Broadway. After Fiddler, she joined the original cast of Salvation in 1969.
She began singing in the Continental Baths, a gay bathhouse in the Ansonia Hotel, in the summer of 1970. During this time, she became close to her piano accompanist, Barry Manilow, who produced her first album in 1972, The Divine Miss M. In the late 1990s, during the release of her album Bathhouse Betty.
Since 1970, Midler has released 14 studio albums as a solo artist. Throughout her career, many of her songs became hits on the record charts, including her renditions of “The Rose”, “Wind Beneath My Wings”, “Do You Want to Dance”, “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy”, and “From a Distance”. In 2008, she signed a contract with Caesars Palace in Las Vegas to perform a show titled Bette Midler: The Showgirl Must Go On, which ended in 2010.
Midler made her motion picture debut in 1979 with The Rose, which earned her a Golden Globe for Best Actress. She has since starred in a number of hit films, which include: Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Outrageous Fortune, Beaches, The First Wives Club, Hocus Pocus, and The Stepford Wives. She also starred in For the Boys and Gypsy, and won two additional Golden Globe Awards for these films.
Bette Midler Age
He was born on December 1, 1945.
Bette Midler Husband
Midler married artist Martin von Haselberg on December 16, 1984.
Bette Midler Daughter – Bette Midler Children
Martin and Midler’s daughter, Sophie von Haselberg, who is also an actress, was born on November 14, 1986.
Bette Midler Net Worth
Midler has an estimated net worth of $230 million.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
Bette Midler Movies
- Hawaii (1966)
- The Detective (1968)
- Goodbye, Columbus (1969)
- Scarecrow in a Garden of Cucumbers (1972)
- The Thorn (1974)
- The Rose (1979)
- Divine Madness! (1980)
- Jinxed! (1982)
- Down and Out in Beverly Hills (1986)
- Ruthless People (1986)
- Outrageous Fortune (1987)
- Big Business (1988)
- Oliver & Company (1988)
- Beaches (1988)
- The Lottery (1989)
- Stella (1990)
- For the Boys (1991)
- Scenes from a Mall (1991)
- Hocus Pocus (1993)
- Get Shorty (1995)
- The First Wives Club (1996)
- That Old Feeling (1997)
- Get Bruce (1999)
- Fantasia 2000 (1999)
- What Women Want (2000)
- Isn’t She Great (2000)
- Drowning Mona (2000)
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (2002)
- The Stepford Wives (2004)
- Then She Found Me (2007)
- The Women (2008)
- Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (2010)
- Casting By (2012)
- Parental Guidance (2012)
- Freak Show (2017)
Bette Midler TV Shows
- 2016 – The Voice
- 2014 – Bette Midler: One Night Only
- 2010 – The Showgirl Must Go On
- 2010 – Paul O’Grady’s Christmas
- 2009 – Loose Women
- 2009 – Dancing on Ice
- 2009 – Strictly Come Dancing
- 2009 – The One Show
- 2009 – The Royal Variety Performance
- 2009 – The Marriage Ref
- 2009 – Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List
- 2008 – Strictly Come Dancing
- 2000–01 – Bette
- 1999 – Jackie’s Back
- 1998 – Murphy Brown
- 1997 – Diva Las Vegas
- 1997 – The Nanny
- 1995 – Seinfeld
- 1993 – Gypsy
- 1993 – The Simpsons
- 1992 – The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
- 1992 – Shelley Duvall’s Bedtime Stories
- 1990 – The Earth Day Special
- 1988 – The Mondo Beyondo Show
- 1984 – Art or Bust
- 1984 – Video Music Awards
- 1977 – Ol’ Red Hair is Back
- 1976 – Vegetable Soup
- 1976 – The Bette Midler Show