Bill Gaither Biography
Bill Gaither born William J. Gaither, is an American singer and songwriter of Southern gospel and Contemporary Christian music. He was born on March 28, 1936 in Alexandria, Indiana, U.S to George and Lela Gaither.
He attended Anderson College, to which he had transferred after one year at Taylor University. He graduated from Anderson in 1959 with a major in English and a minor in music, after which he worked as an English teacher. He quit his teaching job in 1967 and worked full-time in the Christian music industry. This was after few years trying to manage both a music career and his full-time teaching job.
Gaither first began singing with the Bill Gaither Trio in the 1950s. He formed the group while a college student at Anderson College. It consisted of Bill, his sister Mary Ann, and brother Danny Gaither. He recorded his breakthrough song “He Touched Me” in 1964. In about 1964, Mary Ann’s place was taken by Bill’s wife, Gloria.
In 1962, Bill married Gloria Sickal, who became the best writing partner Bill could have found anywhere. The couple spent the first five years of their married life juggling full-time teaching jobs, writing, singing, recording and publishing until music became their full-time career in 1967.
The collaborations of Bill and Gloria have resulted in more than 700 popular gospel songs, including the hymnal standard “Because He Lives,” “The King Is Coming,” “Something Beautiful,” “He Touched Me,” “It Is Finished,” “There’s Something About That Name,” “Let’s Just Praise The Lord,” and “Loving God, Loving Each Other.” Bill and Gloria have collectively won eight Grammy Awards and more than a dozen nominations, and they have received more than two dozen Dove Awards from The Gospel Music Association, earning the title of Gospel Music Association’s “Songwriter of the Year” eight times.
After decades of unprecedented musical successes, Bill and Gloria still operate their business from Bill’s hometown of Alexandria, Indiana, and they dwell in the same home in which they raised their family. They live a lifestyle focused on investing their resources into eternal things.
Bill Gaither Age
He was born on March 28, 1936.
Bill and Gloria Gaither Family
Bill and Gloria live in Alexandria, Indiana, and have three grown children; Suzanne, Amy, and Benjamin.
Bill Gaither Net Worth
Bill Gaither has an estimated Net Worth of $10 Million.
Bill Gaither Songs
- Because He Lives
- God on the Mountain
- He Touched Me
- Sometimes It Takes a Mountain
- ‘Til the Storm Passes By
- Sinner Saved by Grace
- I Believe in a Hill Called Mount Calvary
- The King Is Coming
- I’ve Never Been This Homesick Before
- Alpha and Omega
- Amazing Grace
- This Is Just What Heaven Means To Me
- Love Can Turn the World
- The Holy Hills of Heaven Call Me
- Greatly Blessed, Highly Favored
- Glorious Impossible
- Yes I Know!
- There is a Fountain
- You Are My All In All/Canon In D
- He Is Here
- Burdens Are Lifted At Calvary
- The Old Rugged Cross Made The Difference
- Leaning On The Everlasting Arms
- Farther Along
- I Then Shall Live
- At The Cross
- How Great Thou Art
- I Bowed on My Knees
- Where No One Stands Alone
- The Love of God
- He Will Carry You
Bill Gaither Music Video
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do