Bill Murray Biography
Bill Murray born William James Murray, is an American actor, comedian, and writer. He was born on September 21, 1950 to Lucille and Edward Joseph Murray II, in Evanston, Illinois, and was raised in Wilmette, Illinois, a northern suburb of Chicago.
He attended St. Joseph’s grade school and Loyola Academy. He then went on to Jesuit high school, during which he worked as a golf caddy to fund his education. After graduating, Murray attended Regis University in Denver, Colorado, taking pre-medical courses. He quickly dropped out, returning to Illinois.CIn 2007, Regis University awarded him an honorary Doctor of Humanities degree.
He first gained exposure on Saturday Night Live, a series of performances that earned him his first Emmy Award, and later starred in comedy films—including Meatballs (1979), Caddyshack (1980), Stripes (1981), Tootsie (1982), Ghostbusters (1984), Scrooged (1988), Ghostbusters II (1989), What About Bob? (1991), and Groundhog Day (1993). He also co-directed Quick Change (1990).
Murray garnered additional critical acclaim later in his career, starring in Lost in Translation (2003), which earned him a Golden Globe and a BAFTA Award for Best Actor, as well as an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor. He also received Golden Globe nominations for his roles in Ghostbusters, Rushmore (1998), Hyde Park on Hudson (2012), St. Vincent (2014), and the HBO miniseries Olive Kitteridge (2014), for which he later won his second Primetime Emmy Award. Murray received the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor in 2016.
Bill Murray Age
He was born on September 21, 1950.
Bill Murray Wife
Murray married Margaret Kelly on Super Bowl Sunday in Las Vegas on January 25, 1981. Later, they remarried in Chicago for their families. Margaret gave birth to two sons. Following Murray’s affair with Jennifer Butler, the couple divorced in 1996. In 1997, he married Butler. Together, they have four sons. Butler filed for divorce on May 12, 2008, accusing Murray of domestic violence, infidelity, and addictions to sex, marijuana, and alcohol. Their divorce was finalized on June 13, 2008.
Bill Murray Children – Bill Murray Kids
He had two sons with his first wife Margaret Kelly; Homer born in 1982 and Luke born in 1985. With Jennifer Butler, they have four sons: Caleb born on January 11, 1993, Jackson born on October 6, 1995, Cooper born on January 27, 1997, and Lincoln born on May 30, 2001.
Bill Murray Siblings
Murray has eight siblings. Three of his siblings, John Murray, Joel Murray, and Brian Doyle-Murray, are also actors. A sister, Nancy, is an Adrian Dominican nun in Michigan, who has traveled the United States in a one-woman program, portraying St. Catherine of Siena.
Bill Murray Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $140 million.
Bill Murray Books
The Tao of Bill Murray
The Big Bad Book of Bill Murray: A Critical Appreciation of the World’s Finest Actor
Live From New York: An Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live
Thrill Murray: A Bill Murray Coloring Book
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
Bill Murray Filmography – Bill Murray Movies
- Next Stop, Greenwich Village (1976)
- All You Need is Cash (1978)
- Tarzoon: Shame of the Jungle (1978)
- Meatballs (1979)
- Mr. Mike’s Mondo Video (1979)
- Where the Buffalo Roam (1980)
- The Missing Link (1980)
- Caddyshack (1980)
- Loose Shoes (1980)
- Stripes (1981)
- Tootsie (1982)
- Ghostbusters (1984)
- Nothing Lasts Forever (1984)
- The Razor’s Edge (1984)
- Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
- She’s Having a Baby (1988)
- Scrooged (1988)
- Ghostbusters II (1989)
- Quick Change (1990)
- What About Bob? (1991)
- Groundhog Day (1993)
- Mad Dog and Glory (1993)
- Ed Wood (1994)
- Kingpin (1996)
- Larger than Life (1996)
- Space Jam (1996)
- The Man Who Knew Too Little (1997)
- Wild Things (1998)
- With Friends Like These… (1998)
- Rushmore (1998)
- Cradle Will Rock (1999)
- Charlie’s Angels (2000)
- Hamlet (2000)
- Osmosis Jones (2001)
- Speaking of Sex (2001)
- The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
- Lost in Translation (2003)
- Coffee and Cigarettes (2003)
- Garfield: The Movie (2004)
- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)
- Broken Flowers (2005)
- The Lost City (2005)
- Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006)
- The Darjeeling Limited (2007)
- Get Smart (2008)
- City of Ember (2008)
- The Limits of Control (2009)
- Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
- Zombieland (2009)
- Get Low (2010)
- Passion Play (2011)
- Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
- A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III (2012)
- Hyde Park on Hudson (2012)
- The Monuments Men (2014)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
- St. Vincent (2014)
- Dumb and Dumber To (2014)
- Aloha (2015)
- Rock the Kasbah (2015)
- The Jungle Book (2016)
- Ghostbusters (2016)
- Isle of Dogs (2018)