Brandon Flowers Biography
Brandon Flowers whose full name is Brandon Richard Flowers, is an American singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist. He is best known as the lead singer, keyboardist and occasional bass guitarist of the Las Vegas-based rock band The Killers. He was born on June 21, 1981 in Henderson, Nevada, to Jean Yvonne and Terry Austin Flowers.
Flowers is the youngest of six children. His older siblings are his brother Shane and four sisters April, Shelly, Amy, and Stephanie. His family lived in Henderson until Flowers was eight, when they moved to Payson, Utah, for two years before moving to Nephi, Utah, at which time he was in the sixth grade. Flowers lived in Nephi until his junior year at Juab High School. He moved to Las Vegas to live with his aunt and graduated from Chaparral High School in 1999.
In late 2001, Flowers responded to an ad that Dave Keuning had placed in the Las Vegas Weekly, whereupon they became The Killers. After several short-lived bassists and drummers, Flowers and Keuning were joined by bassist Mark Stoermer and drummer Ronnie Vannucci, and the line-up became official in August 2002. On July 4, 2010, The Killers headlined the “Salute to the Military” USO Concert at the White House. They performed “God Bless America” and favorites from their catalogue. On June 22, 2013, the Killers headlined the 90,000 capacity Wembley Stadium, their biggest solo show to date.
Canadian-American singer-songwriter Rufus Wainwright wrote a song about Flowers called “Tulsa” for his fifth album Release the Stars. Wainwright has stated in numerous interviews that it was inspired by their first meeting at a bar in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In 2015, Flowers also featured on the closing track of New Order’s Music Complete.
Brandon Flowers Age
He was born on June 21, 1981.
Brandon Flowers Wife
He is married to Tana Mundkowsky.
Brandon Flowers Family
He has three sons, Ammon, Gunnar, and Henry. Flowers’ parents met as teenagers, and he wrote the song “A Dustland Fairytale” as a tribute to their marriage and lifelong romance. Flowers’ grandmother is from Lithuania. Flowers’ cousin is Craig Barlow, inductee to the Las Vegas Golf Hall of Fame.
Brandon Flowers Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $20 million.
The Killers Brandon Flowers
The Killers are an American rock band formed in Las Vegas, Nevada, in 2001, he lead vocals, keyboards and bass. It was released as a digital download on November 30, 2010.
Brandon Flowers Body-Measurements
Brandon Flowers The Desired Effect
It’s his second studio album. It was released on May 15, 2015, by Island Records, it debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart, making it his sixth overall UK number-one record.
Brandon Flowers Flamingo
It’s his debut solo studio album, It was released by Island Records on September 3, 2010. It was recorded at Battle Born Studios in Winchester, Nevada, and Henson Recording Studios in Hollywood, California. The album debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart.
Brandon Flowers Tour
- Friday 08 June 2018
Ruoff Mortgage Music Center, Noblesville, IN, US
- Thursday 14 June 2018 – Sunday 17 June 2018
Firefly Music Festival 2018
The Woodlands, Dover International Speedway, Dover, DE, US
- Wednesday 20 June 2018
Rock in Roma – Ippodromo Delle Capannelle, Rome, Italy
- Thursday 21 June 2018
with Liam Gallagher
EXPO MILANO, Milan, Italy
I‑DAYS MILANO 2018
Area Expo – Experience Milano, Milan, Italy
- Thursday 21 June 2018 – Sunday 24 June 2018
Isle of Wight Festival 2018
Newport (Isle of Wight), UK
- Saturday 23 June 2018
Liberty Stadium, Swansea, UK
- Thursday 28 June 2018 – Saturday 30 June 2018
O Son do Camiño 2018
Monte Do Gozo, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Thursday 28 June 2018 – Sunday 01 July 2018
OpenAir St. Gallen 2018
Sittertobel, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Friday 29 June 2018 – Saturday 30 June 2018
Rock in Rio Lisboa 2018
Parque da Bela Vista, Lisbon, Portugal
- Friday 29 June 2018 – Sunday 08 July 2018
TRNSMT Festival 2018
- Thursday 05 July 2018 – Sunday 08 July 2018
Rock Werchter 2018
Festivalpark, Werchter, Belgium
- Sunday 08 July 2018
TRNSMT Festival 2018
Glasgow Green, Glasgow, UK
- Thursday 12 July 2018 – Sunday 15 July 2018
Latitude Festival 2018
Henham Park, Southwold, UK
- Friday 13 July 2018
The Macron Stadium, Bolton, UK
- Tuesday 17 July 2018 – Sunday 22 July 2018
Paléo Festival Nyon 2018
Paleo Festival, Nyon, Switzerland
- Thursday 19 July 2018 – Sunday 22 July 2018
Festival Internacional de Benicàssim – FIB 201
Festival Internacional de Benicassim (FIB), Benicassim, Spain
Deichbrand Festival 2018
Seeflughafen Cuxhaven/Nordholz, Cuxhaven, Germany
- Saturday 21 July 2018 – Sunday 22 July 2018
Hippodrome de Longchamp, Paris, France
- Friday 27 July 2018 – Sunday 29 July 2018
Panorama NYC 2018
Randall’s Island Park, New York, NY, US
- Friday 07 September 2018 – Sunday 09 September 2018
SKOOKUM Festival 2018
Brockton Fields at Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Wednesday 19 September 2018
AsiaWorld-Expo, Lantau Island, China
Brandon Flowers House
He sold his Mediterranean-style retreat in Sin City for $4.5 million. He had bought the estate in 2010 for $3.995 million.
1. Mike Jerrick
2. Jessica Holmes
3. Draya Michele
4. Marlon Wayans
5. Bella Hadid
6. Garth Fisher
7. Scoey Mitchell
8. Maria Lopez
9. Georgia Hardstark
Wood-beamed ceilings and arched doorways accent roughly 8,300 square feet of rustic interiors.Floors of tile and hardwood line the main floor,living spaces include a formal dining room and center-island kitchen. Two winding staircases lead upstairs, where the master suite offers a fireplace and private terrace. Including the detached guesthouse, there are six bedrooms and 7.5 bathrooms.
Brandon Flowers Mormon Video
Brandon Flowers Interview
Brandon Flowers Twitter
Brandon Flowers Quotes
- In a sense, all Americans are battle-born. Our ancestors came here for something better.
- When I was younger, I was chubby. It gave me a terrible sense of self-image, and I guess I carry that around with me still.
- I understand what songs like ‘Mr Brightside’ mean to people. They will last forever.
- I’ve definitely got a lot more cautious about my lyrics – I feel I want to be a positive force in the world, and I want to uplift people. That’s something that comes with age.
- I romanticize. I live with the ghosts of Elvis and Frank Sinatra. It seems so glamorous. They were American men who don’t exist anymore. But there are ugly things about them, too.
- I believe in God. It’s a big part of my life. You can bring it up and talk about it without being ‘Christian Rocker.’
- I think people become reliant on coffee. And that can’t necessarily be a good thing.
- Bands that say they don’t care about how their records sell are liars.
- I’m raising my family in The Church, and I’m proud of that.
- I’ve struggled with an identity sometimes; I don’t know what exactly I am. I love so many types of music, and I don’t want to commit to going down one road.
- Basic religion is the reason we have morals.
- My dad is a big dreamer, so I got that from him. Golf was my main thing when I was a teenager, and that’s what I wanted to do.
- As soon as you say ‘Bunnymen,’ I see a trench coat.
- Crossfire’s done very well. I knew it was a great song, but I didn’t know it would be so big.
Brandon Flowers Teeth
His teeth rotted away when he was a teenager. He had to undergo cosmetic dentistry and have veneers fitted.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Brandon Flowers Tattoo
He had an Oasis tattoo to pay tribute to them.
Brandon Flowers Album
- The Desired Effect
Brandon Flowers Songs
- Only the Young
- I Can Change
- Can’t Deny My Love
- Still Want You
- Lonely Town
- Jilted Lovers & Broken Hearts
- Between Me and You
- Hard Enough
- The Way It’s Always Been
- Untangled Love
- Never Get You Right
- Diggin’ Up the Heart
- Swallow It
- The Clock Was Tickin’
- Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas
- Was It Something I Said?
- I Came Here to Get Over You
- Right Behind You
- Handle With Care
- Playing With Fire
- Dreams Come True
- Btwn me ‘n u
- On The Floor
- Got My Mind Set on You
- The Desired Effect
- When You Were Young
Brandon Flowers Mormon
The Killers’ Brandon Flowers Shares How Mormonism Influences His Rock Music
Updated:Jan. 02, 2018
On December 27, Nevada Public Radio, an NPR station, interviewed Las Vegas native and frontman for the Killers Brandon Flowers.
During the interview, Flowers shared some interesting insights into his LDS faith, as well as how he balances his career in the rock industry with his religion and family.
When asked how his faith exists in relation to his music, Flowers responded, “I don’t think my LDS faith can exist in a separate box. Not if I’m following it faithfully, anyway. In the early days of the band, there was a real internal struggle and a lot of identity-searching. I wanted to be authentic; and being a good Mormon boy had never been affiliated with rock ‘n’ roll on that large of a scale before. It took some trial and error, but I’m starting to inhabit a place that feels like mine.”
About his family, which includes three boys who are 10, 8, and 6, Flowers shared, “It is hard to have a successful family and a successful music career at the same time. But I’m one of the extremely lucky ones. The success of the band has allowed me to bring the family out as much as we can. Or for me to be able to fly to them.”
Flowers is often vocal about his LDS faith and was featured in an “I’m a Mormon” video for the Church. In 2012, Flowers defended Mormonism after famous atheist Richard Dawkins attacked his faith on a Norwegian TV show. Last summer, Flowers told Rolling Stone some of the misconceptions Mormons face. “Mormonism is still pretty misunderstood,” Flowers said. “There’s this kind of weird mystery around it. With Christianity, you have 2,000 years of separation from when the events took place and these supposed miracles. We don’t have that much separation from Joseph Smith in the 1800s and the other events that we believe took place, so it’s a lot easier to home in on it. People that knew Moses didn’t keep journals, but we actually have that information.”