Bruno Mars Biography
Bruno Mars, an American singer, songwriter, record producer, and choreographer was born Peter Gene Hernandez on October 8, 1985 in Honolulu, Hawaii.He is the son to Peter Hernandez and Bernadette San Pedro Bayot.
His parents exposed him to a diverse variety of music from childhood. He was naturally inclined towards the performance arts since both his parents were professional performers. One of his uncles, an Elvis impersonator, encouraged Bruno to perform on stage when he was a three-year-old. He soon started performing with his family band and gained popularity in his hometown for his impersonation of Elvis Presley.
After graduating from high school, Mars decided to leave Hawaii for Los Angeles, California. Over his first few years in L.A., he struggled to make a breakthrough in the music industry. And especially because he had performed so frequently while growing up in Honolulu, Mars grew frustrated with waiting for his career to move forward.
A friend introduced Mars to songwriter Phillip Lawrence, who agreed to help Mars compose material. They presented a song they had written and recorded to a record label, who liked it but wanted one of their own artists to perform it.
Bruno Mars Music Career
Soon after his graduation Mars decided to leave Hawaii for Los Angeles, California to pursue a musical career. In the year 2004, signed to Motown Records however he was dropped by the label less than a year of being signed.
While at Motown, Mars had met musician Philip Lawrence who then introduced him to his future A&R manager at Atlantic Records, Aaron Bay-Schuck, in the year 2006. Soon he was signed to Atlantic Records and from there his career took off.
Mars finally broke out as a singer in his own right with the 2010 hit Nothin’ on You.The track hit No. 1 on the Billboard singles chart and instantly transformed Bruno Mars from a behind-the-scenes composer into a pop performer.
A few months later, Mars released his first solo single, Just the Way You Are, from his debut studio album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, released in October 2010.The album reached No. 3 on the Billboard album charts, and its popular singles, Grenade and The Lazy Song both hit the Top 10 on the singles chart.
Bruno then released his much anticipated second album, Unorthodox Jukebox in December 2012. The album’s lead single, Locked Out of Heaven, topped the Billboard Hot 100 for six consecutive weeks and landed in the Top 10 in 20 countries, making it a huge international success.
His album: 24K Magic was released on November 18, 2016 with 24K Magic being released as the lead single. The song That’s What I Like was released as the second single on January 30, 2017 and reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
Super Bowl and Beyond
In September 2013, news broke that Mars was selected to be a part of the half-time entertainment at the next Super Bowl. This honor put him in the same league as such past performers Madonna and Justin Timberlake. Mars returned to the Super Bowl stage in February 2016, performing at the half-time show with Beyoncé Knowles and Cold play. Just a week later, Beyoncé presented a jubilant Mars and Ronson the Record of the Year Grammy for “Uptown Funk.”
Grammy-Winning ’24K Magic’
Mars continued his immensely successful run with the release of his third studio effort, 24K Magic, in November 2016. The album included the catchy title track, a retro-tinted dance number in the vein of “Uptown Funk,” as well as the sultry “That’s What I Like,” which climbed to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Mars cleaned up at the 2018 Grammy Awards, winning in all six categories for which he drew nominations, including Record of the Year, Album of the Year and Song of the Year. He also delivered a quality performance alongside Cardi B for his latest single, “Finesse,” cementing his standing as arguably the top all-around act in the business.
Bruno Mars Songs And Albums
Bruno Mars Major Works
- His debut album ‘Doo-Wops & Hooligans’ has been certified 39x platinum worldwide and has sold over 45 million singles worldwide. It featured the hit singles “Just the Way You Are”, “The Lazy Song”, and “Count On Me”.
- His second album ‘Unorthodox Jukebox’, which explores a variety of styles such as reggae rock, disco and soul music was also a huge hit like its predecessor. The album debuted on the US Billboard 200 at No. 2, eventually peaking at No.1. It also received positive reviews from music critics.
- Doo-Wops & Hooligans
- Unorthodox Jukebox
- 24K Magic
It’s Better If You Don’t Understand
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- Just the Way You Are
- The Lazy Song
- Talking to the Moon
- Marry You
- It Will Rain
- Count On Me
- Locked Out of Heaven
- When I Was Your Man
- Young Girls
- 24K Magic
- That’s What I Like
- Versace on the Floor
As featured artist
- Nothing on You (B.o.B featuring Bruno Mars)
- Billionaire (Travie McCoy featuring Bruno Mars)
- Lighters (Bad Meets Evil featuring Bruno Mars)
- Young, Wild & Free (Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa featuring Bruno Mars)
- Mirror (Lil Wayne featuring Bruno Mars)
- Bubble Butt (Major Lazer featuring Bruno Mars, Tyga and Mystic)
- Uptown Funk (Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars)
- Liquor Store Blues (featuring Damian Marley)
- Somewhere in Brooklyn
Other charted songs
- The Other Side (featuring Cee Lo Green and B.o.B)
- Rocketeer (Far East Movement featuring Bruno Mars)
- Runaway Baby
Bruno Mars Girlfriend
Mars was romantically linked to singer and actress Rita Ora whom he first met in 2009. The couple however split up in 2011 owing to work pressures and he started dating model Jessica Caban in 2012.
Bruno Mars Children
As of August 2017 the talented musician does not have any children.
Bruno Mars Net Worth
Bruno Mars has a net worth of $105 million dollars. He is also involved in several charity works. In August 2017, he donated $1 million to the victims of Flint Water Crisis at Michigan Crisis.
Bruno Mars Awards
The popular musician, Bruno Mars has been nominated for the prestigious Grammy Awards 18 times, winning two of them: Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for Just The Way You Are in 2011 and Best Pop Vocal Album for Unorthodox Jukebox in 2014.He has received three BRIT awards from five nominations, including two in the category International Male Solo Artist in 2012 and 2014