Charles Stanley Biography
Charles Stanley born Charles Frazier Stanley, is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. He is the founder and president of In Touch Ministries and also served as president of the Southern Baptist Convention from 1984 to 1986. He was born on September 25, 1932 in Dry Fork, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
Stanley received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Richmond. He later obtained his Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas. He received his Th.M. and Th.D. degrees in theology from Luther Rice Seminary in Florida (which later relocated to Lithonia, Georgia).
At the age of 12, Charles became a born-again Christian, and at age 14 he began his life’s work in Christian ministry. Stanley joined the staff of First Baptist Church of Atlanta in 1969 and became senior pastor in 1971. In 1972, Stanley launched a half-hour religious television program called The Chapel Hour. The Christian Broadcasting Network began televising this show in 1978. In 1982, Stanley founded In Touch Ministries, and its radio broadcasts began to be syndicated.
Charles Stanley Age
He was born on September 25, 1932. He is 86 years old.
Charles Stanley Wife
Stanley was married to Anna J. Stanley for more than 40 year. She died on November 10, 2014.
Charles Stanley Divorce
Charles Stanley’s divorce from his wife Anna Johnson in 2000, after several years of separation, caused a minor controversy in the Southern Baptist Convention. The matter was complicated by reports that Stanley had said he would resign as pastor if he became divorced. At the time, he did not believe his separation would result in divorce. However, when it did, the members of his church overwhelmingly voted to keep him on as pastor. According to First Baptist Atlanta’s bylaws, Stanley will be able to keep his post as long as he does not remarry.
Anna originally filed for divorce on June 22, 1993, following their separation in spring of 1992. The two of them agreed that Anna would amend the lawsuit to seek a legal separation instead (“separate maintenance”), while seeking reconciliation. She again filed for divorce on March 20, 1995. The Stanleys were legally separated at the time that divorce papers were filed for the last time on February 16, 2000. A judge signed the final divorce decree on May 11, 2000.
Charles Stanley Net Worth – Dr Charles Stanley Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $1.5 Million.
Charles Stanley Books
- Making The Bible Clear with Fred L. Lowery
- How to Listen to God
- Confronting Casual Christianity
- How to Keep Your Kids on Your Team
- The Love of God
- A Touch of His Power: Meditations on God’s Awesome Power
- Handle With Prayer
- Success God’s Way
- A Gift of Love: Reflections for the Tender Heart
- Eternal Security: Can You Be Sure?
- Finding Peace: God’s Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear
- How to Handle Adversity
- Success God’s Way: Achieving True Contentment and Purpose
- The Gift of Forgiveness
- Walking Wisely: Real Guidance for Life’s Journey
- Winning the War Within
- God is in Control
- Charles Stanley’s Life Principles
- Into His Presence: An In Touch Devotional
- Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit
- Living the Extraordinary Life : 9 Principles to Discover It
- Our Unmet Needs
- The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible
- The Source of My Strength
- Discover Your Destiny: God Has More Than You Can Ask or Imagine
- Pathways to His Presence: A Daily Devotional
- When the Enemy Strikes : The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles
- Landmines in the Path of the Believer: Avoiding the Hidden Dangers
- In Step with God: Understanding His Ways and Plans for Your Life
- Stuck in Reverse: Break Free From Fear and Disbelief and Enjoy the Good Things God Has for You
- The Power of God’s Love: A 31 Day Devotional to Encounter the Father’s Greatest Gift
- When Your Children Hurt
- How to Reach Your Full Potential for God
Charles Stanley Quotes
- We can be tired, weary and emotionally distraught, but after spending time alone with God, we find that He injects into our bodies energy, power and strength.
- Since God knows our future, our personalities, and our capacity to listen, He isn’t ever going to say more to us than we can deal with at the moment.
- When God speaks, oftentimes His voice will call for an act of courage on our part.
- We are either in the process of resisting God’s truth or in the process of being shaped and molded by his truth.
- He wants you all to Himself to put His loving, divine arms around you.
- The best way in the world to deceive believers is to cloak a message in religious language and declare that it conveys some new insight from God.
- An unschooled man who knows how to meditate upon the Lord has learned far more than the man with the highest education who does not know how to meditate.
- God’s voice is still and quiet and easily buried under an avalanche of clamour.
- God will never tell us to do something that gratifies the flesh.
Dr Charles Stanley Interview
Charles Stanley News
Charles Stanley Direct increases investor charges by 40pc due to ‘the cost of going digital’
Updated On: 13 August 2018
Charles Stanley Direct, until now one of Britain’s cheapest investment shops, is increasing its charges by 40pc from September 10, in order to fund investment into its digital services and cyber security.
The fee change will see the amount it charges customers for an Isa, Sipp or dealing account increase from 0.25pc to 0.35pc annually.
This is for portfolios up to £250,000 in size. On shares, including investment trusts and exchange traded funds, there is a minimum £24 charge, and a £240 maximum. On funds, there is no upper limit, although fees decrease in a tiered structure on amounts above £250,000.
Under the old charging regime, somebody with £200,000 in funds and £50,000 in shares, would have paid charges of £625 annually.
1. Mike Jerrick
2. Jessica Holmes
3. Draya Michele
4. Marlon Wayans
5. Bella Hadid
6. Garth Fisher
7. Scoey Mitchell
8. Maria Lopez
9. Georgia Hardstark
But under the new charges, that figure will increase to £875.
Charles Stanley has blamed the fee increase on the need to invest in its website and smartphone application, and maintain customer service standards.
It also said that it faces increasing cyber security concerns, and the need to keep pace with technological developments and improvements “that customers have come to expect as standard”.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Magnus Wheatley, managing director of Charles Stanley Direct, said that “for more than five years” it has striven to absorb these costs, but has now taken the decision to increase charges from a “commercial perspective”.
The move takes Charles Stanley Direct from being one of the cheapest investment shops, to the middle of the pack.
AJ Bell and Cavendish both charge 0.25pc, and Vanguard charges 0.15pc, although customers can only access Vanguard funds. Hargreaves Lansdown, Britain’s largest investment shop, charges 0.45pc.
There are also other fees to consider, such as charges to buy and sell funds or shares, and administration costs. Charles Stanley Direct, for instance, charges a £100 annual fee for a Sipp, if customers have less than £30,000 invested across its services.
Mr Wheatley, said: “Our new charging structure is still very much towards the lower end of our competitors.”