Chris Tomlin Biography
Chris Tomlin who was born Christopher Dwayne Tomlin, is an American contemporary Christian music (CCM) artist, worship leader, and songwriter. He was born on May 4, 1972 in Grand Saline, Texas, United States to Donna and Connie Tomlin.
Tomlin was given his first guitar by his father, Connie, and learned how to play the guitar by playing along with Willie Nelson records. Tomlin wrote his first worship song at age fourteen.
After graduating from High School in 1990, he entered college planning to study physical therapy, but says he felt God’s calling to something else. Tomlin attended Tyler Junior College and Texas A & M University. After college, Tomlin and the band developed while working with the Harvest Ministry at The Woodlands United Methodist Church in The Woodlands, Texas in the late 1990s. In 1997, youth speaker Louie Giglio asked if he would be interested in working with the Passion Conferences. He has been in that movement ever since.
Chris Tomlin Age
He was born on May 4, 1972.
Chris Tomlin Height
Tomlin is 5 feet 6 inches tall.
Chris Tomlin Family
Tomlin was born to Donna and Connie Tomlin. He has two younger brothers, Ryan and Cory.
Chris Tomlin Wife
Tomlin married Lauren Bricken, on November 9, 2010. The couple’s daughter, Ashlyn Alexandra Tomlin, was born on September 22, 2011. Another daughter, Madison Amore Tomlin, was born on October 7, 2014.
Chris Tomlin Career
His first nationally released solo project, titled The Noise We Make, was released in 2001. The songs, “Forever,” “Be Glorified”, and “Kindness”, in the solo project made the top 200 in the CCLI 2005 top 500 worship songs. In 2002, he released the live EP 545 and the studio album “Not to Us.” Although he is a solo artist, Tomlin uses a consistent band lineup. He writes many of his songs with the band members.
In late 2014, he released Love Ran Red and in 2015 he wrapped-up his Love Ran Red tour featuring Tenth Avenue North, as well as Rend Collective.
Chris Tomlin T Shirts
Chris Tomlin Home
Chris Tomlin Twitter
Chris Tomlin Quotes
- Worship: Where God isn’t moved by the quality of our voice but by the condition of our hearts.
- Isn’t it interesting that in Acts 11, at the end of verse 26, it says, “The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.” What I find interesting is the simple thought that the Christians didn’t name themselves. But rather, they were called (or named) “Christians” by those watching their lives. I wonder if it would be the same today. Could someone look at your life or look at my life and name me a Christian? A humbling thought for sure.
- The worship leader God is after is the one whose heart is captured by Him.
- Worship isn’t a feeling you wait for, it’s a choice you make.
- Humility is the key characteristic of a worship leader. Actually, the key for any great leader.
- I lift my hands to believe again. You are my refuge. You are my strength. As I pour out my heart, these things I remember, You are faithful, God, forever.
- Jesus Messiah, name above all names, blessed Redeemer, Emmanuel, the rescue for sinners, the ransom from Heaven, Jesus Messiah, Lord of all.
- You lead me and keep me from falling. You carry me close to Your heart. And surely Your goodness and mercy will follow me.
- Don’t chase accomplishments , people or positions to find your worth. You’re already loved as you are by the Father.
- Our God is Greater, Our God is Stronger, God, you are Higher than any other, Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power, Our God,Our God.
- Worship comes from a thankful heart.
- I think that deep inside, all of humanity knows there’s truth here, whether they want to admit it or not. There’s a joy that comes in Christmas. There’s a season of giving, so people feel this generosity.
- Could someone look at your life or look at my life and name me a Christian? A humbling thought for sure.
- Remember: In the end, you’re not living to impress your friends or your relatives or your coworkers. All of life is for Jesus.
- I am Loved by the King, and it makes my heart want to sing!
- And If our God is for us, then who could ever stop us, and if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
- I remember being in church. We would do the live nativity in my little town and I remember pulling the sheep. I was the shepherd, so I was pulling the sheep around town, down Main Street. I thought that was the most awesome, coolest thing ever.
- When I write songs, I try to write in a way to reach as many people as I can, to be a lighthouse versus a flashlight.
- And nothing formed against me shall stand. You hold the whole world in Your hands. I’m holding onto Your promises. You are faithful. You are faithful. You are faithful. I know Who goes before me. I know Who stands behind. The God of angel armies is always by my side. The One who reigns forever, He is a Friend of mine. The God of angel armies Is always by my side.
- Music connects with the soul. I think it’s the quickest art form to the soul.
Chris Tomlin Songs
- How Great Is Our God
- Good Good Father
- Our God
- Whom Shall I Fear
- Amazing Grace
- At the Cross
- Holy Is the Lord
- I Will Follow
- Jesus Messiah
- I Will Rise
- I Lift My Hands
- And If Our God Is for Us… 2010
- Your Grace Is Enough
- God of This City
- God’s Great Dance Floor
- Lord, I Need You
- We Fall Down
- Jesus Loves Me
- He Shall Reign Forevermore
- Here I Am to Worship – Our Love is Loud Album Version
- It’s Christmas
- God Of Calvary
- Sing, Sing, Sing
- Glory in the Highest
- The Wonderful Cross
- Unfailing Love
- Awake My Soul
- A Christmas Alleluia
- Lay Me Down
Chris Tomlin Album
- Inside Your Love (1995)
- Authentic (1998)
- Too Much Free Time (1998) with Ross King
- The Noise We Make (2001)
- Not to Us (2002)
- Arriving (2004)
- See the Morning (2006)
- Hello Love (2008)
- Glory in the Highest: Christmas Songs of Worship (2009)
- And If Our God Is for Us… (2010)
- Burning Lights (2013)
- Love Ran Red (2014)
- Adore: Christmas Songs of Worship (2015)
- Never Lose Sight (2016)
Chris Tomlin Books
- Good Good Father
- The Way I Was Made: Words and Music for an Unusual Life
- Holy Roar: 7 Words That Will Change The Way You Worship
- Good Good Father for Little Ones
- Arriving (Easy Piano)
- How Great Is Our God: The Essential Collection
- And If Our God Is for Us…
- Hello Love
- See The Morning
- Glory in the Highest: Christmas Songs of Worship
- Chris Tomlin Collection: Easy Guitar
- Holy Is the Lord -SATB
- Burning Lights
- Amazing Grace
- My Soul Magnifies the Lord
- The Songs of Chris Tomlin
- How Can I Keep from Singing?: SATB with Opt. Rhythm
- The Noise We Make
- Take My Life
- Art for Mindfulness: Dogs