Diana Ross Biography
Diana Ross born Diana Ernestine Earle Ross, is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and record producer.She was born on March 26, 1944 in Detroit, Michigan at the Hutzel Women’s Hospital. She was the second eldest child for Ernestine and Fred Ross, Sr.
While attending Cass Technical High School, a four-year college preparatory magnet school, in downtown Detroit, Ross began taking classes including clothing design, millinery, pattern making, and tailoring, as she had aspired to become a fashion designer. Ross also took modeling and cosmetology classes at the school. Ross graduated from Cass Tech in January 1962.
Ross began singing at fifteen in a group with friends Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard, and Barbara Martin as the The Primettes, a sister group of a male vocal group called The Primes. In January 1961, Gordy agreed to sign the group on the condition they change their name. Eventually, Janie Bradford approached Florence Ballard, the only group member at the studio at the time, to pick out a new name for the group. Ballard chose “Supremes”. In November 1969, Ross confirmed a split from the Supremes in Billboard. Ross made her final appearance with The Supremes at the Frontier Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada on January 14, 1970.
In 1968, Ross began to perform as a solo artist on television specials, including The Supremes’ own specials such as TCB and G.I.T. on Broadway, The Dinah Shore Show, and a Bob Hope special, among others. In May 1970, Ross released her eponymous solo debut. In 1971, Diana Ross began working on her first film, Lady Sings the Blues, which was a loosely based biography on singer Billie Holiday. Ross’s role in the film won her Golden Globe Award and Academy Award nominations for Best Actress. The soundtrack to Lady Sings the Blues became just as successful, reaching No. 1 on the Billboard 200 staying there for two weeks.
Diana Ross Age
She was born on March 26, 1944. She is currently 74 years.
Diana Ross Death
Diana Ross is still alive she is not dead yet.
Diana Ross Husband – Diana Ross Children – Diana Ross Kids
Ross has been married twice and has five children. In 1965, Ross became romantically involved with Motown CEO Berry Gordy. The relationship lasted several years, resulting in the birth of Ross’s eldest child, Rhonda Suzanne Silberstein, in August 1971.
Two months into her pregnancy with Rhonda Ross, in January 1971, Ross married music executive Robert Ellis Silberstein, who chose to raise Rhonda as his own daughter. With Silberstein, Ross has two additional daughters, Tracee Joy and Chudney Lane Silberstein, born in 1972 and 1975 respectively.
Ross met her second husband, Norwegian shipping magnate Arne Næss, Jr. in 1985 and married him the following year, she became stepmother to his three elder children; Katinka, Christoffer, and folk singer Leona Naess. They have two sons together: Ross Arne and Evan Ross. Ross and Næss divorced in 2000.
Diana Ross Grandchildren
Ross has four grandchildren: grandsons Raif-Henok who was born in 2009 to Ross’s daughter Rhonda and Leif, born on June 5, 2016, to Ross’s son Ross Næss and granddaughters Callaway Lane who was born in 2012 to Ross’s daughter Chudney and Jagger Snow who was born in 2015 to Ross’s son Evan.
Diana Ross Net Worth
She has an estimated net worth of $250 million.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
Diana Ross Afro
Diana Ross Quotes
- I look forward to the future – and going into the studio toor the next movie to come along, I can go out and sing.
- It has always been, and still is, my intention to build a playground in Central Park.
- My life has often been described as ‘from rags to riches,’ but in fact, the Rosses were never raggedy.
- When we first began, we didn’t have any hits.
- Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then.
- My travels led me to where I am today. Sometimes these steps have felt painful, difficult, but led me to greater happiness and opportunities.
- Criticism, even when you try to ignore it, can hurt. I have cried over many articles written about me, but I move on and I don’t hold on to that .
- You can’t just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You’ve got to get out there and make it happen for yourself.
- I’m not really a songwriter – I’m an interpreter. So in a sense I am an actress first and foremost. I act out the songs, and I lead with my heart.
Diana Ross Instagram
Diana Ross Twitter
Diana Ross Albums
- Diana Ross
- Everything Is Everything
- Touch Me in the Morning
- Diana & Marvin
- Last Time I Saw Him
- Baby It’s Me
- The Boss
- Why Do Fools Fall in Love
- Silk Electric
- Swept Away
- Eaten Alive
- Red Hot Rhythm & Blues
- Workin’ Overtime
- The Force Behind the Power
- A Very Special Season
- Take Me Higher
- Every Day Is a New Day
- I Love You
Diana Ross Songs
- Endless Love
- I’m Coming Out
- When You Tell Me That You Love Me
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- Upside Down
- If We Hold On Together
- Love Hangover
- Touch Me in the Morning
- Reach Out and Touch
- Theme From Mahogany
- Missing You
- The Boss
- All of You
- It’s My Turn
- Chain Reaction
- My Mistake
- It’s My House
- Not Over You Yet
- I Will Survive
- I’m Still Waiting
- My Old Piano
- It’s Your Move
- Work That Body
- More Today Than Yesterday
- Good Morning Heartache
- Mirror, Mirror
- You Are Everything
- My Mistake Duet With Diana Ross
- Remember Me
- Be a Lion
Diana Ross Movies
- Lady Sings the Blues (1972)
- Mahogany (1975)
- The Wiz (1978)
- Out of Darkness (1994)
- Double Platinum (1999)