Dwayne Johnson Biography
Dwayne Johnson (The Rock), an American actor, producer and professional wrestler was born Dwayne Douglas Johnson on May 2, 1972, in Hayward, California.He is the son of former wrestler Rocky Johnson and Ata Johnson.
An injury ended his college football career, so he entered the ring with the Word Wrestling Federation. As “The Rock,” he famously feuded with wrestler Steve Austin and won the WWF/WWE Heavyweight title numerous times. Johnson then parlayed his wrestling fame into a film career, appearing in projects like 2001’s The Mummy Returns and 2010’s Tooth Fairy. His reject projects include the HBO series Ballers (2015) and a trifecta of 2017 features, The Fate of the Furious, Baywatch and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.
Throughout his life Dwayne has had one constant that has kept him grounded and which he credits as the basis of everything that he has achieved; the gym. From those earliest days when he would sit and watch his father dominate the weights in the 1970’s, the sights, smells and sounds of working out became an integral part of his being.
Dwayne’s workout intensity and dedication have been an inspiration to millions. He hits the gym at 4 o’clock every morning, training for up to 2 hours with heavy basic compound moves, interspersed with cardio to keep his body fat percentage into the single digits. He is a favorite with the bodybuilding community, appearing as a guest host at the 2016 Mr. Olympia competition.
Since 2014, Dwayne has been living in Southwest Ranches in Florida. His first child, Simone, was born in 2001, while he was still married to her mother, Dany. In 2015 his second daughter, Jasmine was born to his girlfriend of 9 years, Lauren Hashian.
Dwayne Johnson has risen from humble beginnings to establish himself as the most bankable movie star of the 21st century. In the process he has brought back to mainstream entertainment the sort of alpha male persona that has been so absent for so long. He has become the people’s champion once again.
Johnson attended the 2000 Democratic National Convention as part of WWE’s non-partisan “Smackdown Your Vote” campaign, which aimed to influence young people to vote. A supporter of the Republican Party at the time, he had a speaking role at the 2000 Republican National Convention that same year. In 2017, he told GQ Magazine that he was registered as an independent.
In 2006, Johnson founded the Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation, a charity working with at-risk and terminally ill children.On October 2, 2007, he and his ex-wife donated $1 million to the University of Miami to support the renovation of its football facilities; it was noted as the largest donation ever given to the university’s athletics department by former students. The University of Miami renamed the Hurricanes’ locker room in Johnson’s honor.
Dwayne Johnson Wife
The Rock married his high school sweetheart, Dany Garciain the year 1997 but the couple split up a ten years later.
Dwayne Johnson Children
The Rock has a daughter, Simone Alexandra, from his first marriage that is with his high school sweetheart, Dany Garciain and also a daughter, Jasmine who was born in 2015, with his partner, singer and songwriter Lauren Hashian.
Dwayne Johnson WWE Career
His father was a professional wrestler. His maternal grandfather Peter Maivia was also a professional wrestler. His grandfather is of Samoan heritage and considered a member of the Anoa’i Family. Due to this Dwayne Johnson is a nephew of The Wild Samoans, By that relation he is the cousin of RIkishi, Umaga, Roman Reigns, Rosey and Yokozuna. With a family background like that he went for American Football.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
After playing for the University of Miami he went to Canadian Football League. He was cu withing two months into the season. After that he went on with the family business called professional wrestling. in 1996, Dwayne Johnson started off at WWE as Rocky Maivia. The Rock would go on to win his first Intercontinental Championship that time by defeating Triple H. The Rock later joined the stable Nation of Domination.
His popularity began to rise and he then became the “people’s champion”. He then had a brief feud with Mr. McMahon who supposedly hated the people. But he turned evil and joined Vince McMahon into The Corporation. Then after various feuds he formed an alliance with Mick Foley. The alliance was called The Rock n Sock Connection. They won the WWE Tag Team Championship together. B
y the year 2000, this he was the most popular man in sports entertainment. But after his Hollywood success he became a heel and left WWE to pursue a career in Hollywood. He made cameo appearances now and then during his hiatus. The Rock returned again and won another WWE Championship in 2013 by defeating CM Punk. He lost the title to John Cena at WrestleMania XXIX. It was a re-match of the previous WrestleMania.
In his WWE Career, these were the main highlights and moves;
- Corporate Elbow/People’s Elbow (Running delayed high-impact elbow drop, with theatrics), usually preceded by a spinebuster – 1997–present
- Rock Bottom (Falling side slam) – 1997–present
- Running crossbody – 1996
- Running shoulderbreaker – 1996
- Diving crossbody
- Fisherman suplex
- Float-over DDT
- Flowing snap DDT, sometimes followed by a kip-up
- Jumping clothesline
- Running swinging neckbreaker
- Running thrust lariat
- Samoan drop
- Snap overhead belly-to-belly suplex, sometimes to an oncoming opponent
- Spinebuster,usually followed by a People’s Elbow
- Mr. McMahon
- Shane McMahon
- “The Brahma Bull”
- “The Corporate Champion”
- “The Great One”
- “The Most Electrifying Man in All of Entertainment/Sports Entertainment”
- “The People’s Champion”
- “Destiny” by Jim Johnston (1996–1997)
- “Power” by Jim Johnston (August 11, 1997 – May 4, 1998)
- “You Smell It?” by Jim Johnston (May 11, 1998 – August 24, 1998)
- “The Rock Says” by Jim Johnston (August 30, 1998 – October 18, 1998)
- “Do You Smell It (V1)” by Jim Johnston (October 19, 1998)
- “Do You Smell It (V2)” by Jim Johnston (October 26, 1998 – August 26, 1999)
- “Hypnotize” (Instrumental) by The Notorious B.I.G. (November 30, 1998)
- “Do You Smell It (V3)” by Jim Johnston (August 30, 1999 – September 23, 1999)
- “Know Your Role” by Jim Johnston (September 26, 1999 – April 2, 2001; March 8, 2004 – October 2, 2009)
- “If You Smell” by Jim Johnston (July 30, 2001 – February 20, 2003)
- “Is Cookin'” by Jim Johnston (February 23, 2003 – March 1, 2004)
- “Electrifying” by Jim Johnston (February 14, 2011–present)
Dwayne Johnson Movie Career
Johnson played college football at the University of Miami where he had great success but later he turned to wrestling, debuting in the WWF against the Brooklyn Brawler in Texas. After a couple more matches, including a tag team win with Bart Sawyer, the WWF signed him under the name Flex Kavana. A year later, he joined The Nation of Domination, eventually taking over its leadership and calling himself The Rock.
Outside the ring, The Rock launched a successful acting career where he dropped the stage name and simply went by Dwayne Johnson. He first made a big splash as the Scorpion King, a supernatural bad guy, in 2001’s The Mummy Returns.
Later he starred in the film The Scorpion King. The film, which was released in 2002, is an action-adventure movie set in ancient Egypt. Johnson plays Mathayus, a desert warrior who is determined to save his people from an evil conqueror named Memnon.
The Rock continued to thrive through his appearances in such films as Driver and Fast & Furious 6 . In 2014, he starred as the most famous strong men of all time in Hercules and in the year 2015 Dwayne Johnson dominated the big screen with two big action films, Furious Seven and starred in San Andreas.
In early 2017 he starred in the film fast and furious 8 which won numerous awards.Johnson’s upcoming production schedule was announced that filming for Rampage had begun and that Jungle Cruise will begin filming in early 2018.
Dwayne Johnson Awards And Honours
- 1991: NCAA National Championship – as a member of the Miami Hurricanes
- 2001: Teen Choice Awards – Choice Movie Villain
- 2012: CinemaCon Action Star of the Year
- 2013: Kids Choice Awards – Favorite Male Butt Kicker
- 2016: People’s Choice Award – Favorite Premium Cable TV Actor
- 2016: Mr. Olympia ICON Award
- 2016: People Magazine Sexiest Man Alive
- 2017: Hollywood Walk of Fame induction with a motion pictures star
- 2017: People’s Choice Award for Favorite Premium Series Actor
- 2017: NAACP Image Award for Entertainer of the Year
- 2018: Kids’ Choice Awards – Favorite Movie and Favorite Movie Actor (Dr. Smolder Bravestone/Spencer, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)