Franklin Graham Biography
William Franklin Graham III is an American Christian evangelist and missionary. He was born on July 14, 1952 in Asheville, North Carolina to evangelist Billy Graham and Ruth Bell. He is the fourth of their five children. He was raised in a log home in the Appalachian Mountains outside Asheville, N.C.
He attended The Stony Brook School, a Christian private school on Long Island, New York, and finished high school in North Carolina. In 1971, he attended LeTourneau College in Longview, Texas, and was expelled from the school for keeping a female classmate out past curfew. In 1974, he graduated from Montreat-Anderson College, now Montreat College, with an A.S. and in 1978 from Appalachian State University with a B.A.
In 1974, at age 22, after a period of rebellion and traveling the world, Franklin committed his life to Jesus Christ while alone in a hotel room in Jerusalem. He was ordained in 1982 by the Grace Community Church in Tempe, Arizona.
When Franklin was in his early twenties, Dr. Bob Pierce, founder of Samaritan’s Purse, invited Franklin to join him on a six-week mission to Asia. It was during that time that Franklin felt a calling to work with hurting people in areas of the world affected by war, famine, disease, poverty and natural disaster.
Franklin was elected to the Board of Samaritan’s Purse in 1978, and one year later, following the death of Dr. Pierce, he was elected president of the organization. Today, he serves as president and CEO of the international relief and evangelism organization headquartered in Boone, N.C. Samaritan’s Purse works in the Name of Jesus Christ to provide relief and assistance in more than 100 countries. It has affiliate offices in Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia, plus partners and field offices around the world.
Franklin conducted his first evangelistic event in 1989 and now conducts Franklin Graham Festivals around the world for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA). He has proclaimed the Gospel message at 183 evangelistic festivals in 37 states and 48 countries since 1989. In 2016, Franklin launched the Decision America Tour and traveled to all 50 state capitals to hold prayer rallies. The focus of these rallies was to challenge Christians to pray for the United States and its leaders, and to live and promote Biblical principles at home, in public and at the ballot box. The Decision America Tour is continuing this year with multi-city stops in Tennessee and Texas. The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association appointed Franklin Graham CEO in 2000 and president of the organization in 2001.
As a speaker and author, Franklin regularly addresses current moral and social issues, calling Christians to stand for Biblical values and challenging them to make a difference in the world for the sake of the Gospel. He also offers Biblical context and application to current national and world events. Through the organizations he leads he has been instrumental in helping people impacted by crises including the 9/11 terrorist attacks, civil war in Sudan and natural disasters ranging from the Ebola outbreak in West Africa to earthquakes in Japan, Haiti and China.
Franklin Graham Age
He was born on July 14, 1952.
Franklin Graham Wife – Franklin Graham Family
He married Jane Austin Cunningham of Smithfield, North Carolina, in 1974. They have four children: William Franklin Graham IV, Roy Austin Graham, Edward Bell Graham, and Jane Austin Graham Lynch.
Franklin Graham Salary
In 2009, Franklin Graham was paid $669,000 from the BGEA and he also drew $535,000 from Samaritans’ Purse. Together he was making over $1,000,000 in combined salary as revealed by the Charlotte Observer. According to 2014 data, Graham is the highest paid Samaritan’s Purse employee at $622,252 annually.
Franklin Graham Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $28 million.
Franklin Graham Books
Franklin Graham has written several best-selling books, including The Name (2002), Living Beyond the Limits (1998), and his autobiography, Rebel With a Cause (1995). His first book was Bob Pierce: This One Thing I Do (with Jeanette Lockerbie in 1983), the story of the journalist, evangelist, and international relief worker who founded Samaritan’s Purse. His books also include the devotional All for Jesus (with Ross Rhoads in 2003); the children’s book A Wing and a Prayer (2005); Billy Graham in Quotes (with Donna Lee Toney in 2011); The Sower (with Donna Lee Toney in 2012); Operation Christmas Child: A Story of Simple Gifts (with Donna Lee Toney in 2013); and Rocks, Dirty Birds, and Briars (with Donna Lee Toney in 2016).
Franklin Graham Facebook
Franklin Graham Twitter
Franklin Graham Tour
Franklin Graham will hold one-day evangelistic prayer events across California to proclaim the Gospel and pray for our nation, our communities, and the lost.
California’s Great America Redwood Amphitheatre
Cesar Chavez Park
Silver Dollar Fairgrounds
Shasta District Fairgrounds – Anderson
Franklin Graham Website
Franklin Graham Books
- Through My Father’s Eyes
- Rebel With A Cause
- All for Jesus
- Bob Pierce: This One Thing I Do
- The Name
- Miracle in a Shoe Box: A Christmas Gift of Wonder
- The Sower: Follow in His Steps
- A Wing And A Prayer
- Living Beyond the Limits: A Life in Sync With God
- Miracle in a Shoe Box, A Christmas Gift of Wonder
- Rebel With a Cause by Franklin Graham
- Stern Warning
Franklin Graham Home
Franklin Graham House
Franklin Graham Charity
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Read more
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Franklin Graham Quotes
- Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.
- When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.
- My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.
- Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.
- God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.
- A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.
- God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ’I love you.’
- I’ve read the last page of the Bible. It’s all going to turn out all right.
- God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he’ll be there.
- Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.