Gloria Gaither Biography
Gloria Gaither born Gloria Lee Sickal, is a Christian songwriter, author, speaker, editor, and academic. She was born on March 4, 1942 in Michigan to Pastor Lee Sickal and Dorothy Sickal.
She graduated from Clare High School in Clare, Michigan, and attended Anderson University in Anderson, Indiana where she triple majored in English, French, and Sociology. Upon her graduation, she took a job at Alexandria Monroe High School as a French teacher.
Gloria has long been a student of literature, with special interest in the works of John Steinbeck. She has contributed papers and reviews on his writing in a variety of academic settings. She has been published in the Steinbeck Academic Journal both in the United States and abroad. She has written more than 40 books, including titles for adults and children, created scripts for over 100 videos in the chart-topping Homecoming series, and for 15 years she led the vision for Homecoming Magazine, an innovative publication for which she guided the themes, wrote features, and did milestone interviews.
Gloria holds Honorary Doctorates from eight universities and has served on the Board of Directors for both the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities and the United Christian College Fund. She is currently advocating for Songwriting majors at several Christian universities out of her sincere desire to see a new generation learn to create songs that are theologically sound, poetically beautiful and musically lasting–songs that will stand the test of time.
In recognition of Gloria and Bill’s vast contribution to the gospel music industry, they were named ASCAP’s Christian Songwriters of the Century in 2000. Also on their long list of special honors with Grammy Awards and Dove Awards, is their induction into Gospel Music Hall of Fame.
Gloria Gaither Age
She was born on March 4, 1942.
Gloria Gaither Net Worth
Her net worth is being updated. However, her husband Bill Gaither has an estimated Net Worth of $10 Million.
Bill and Gloria Gaither Family
Bill and Gloria live in Alexandria, Indiana, and have three grown children; Suzanne, Amy, and Benjamin.
Gloria Gaither Songs
- God on the Mountain
- He Touched Me
- I’ve Never Been This Homesick Before
- Amazing Grace
- This Is Just What Heaven Means To Me
- The Holy Hills of Heaven Call Me
- There is a Fountain
- Burdens Are Lifted At Calvary
- Leaning On The Everlasting Arms
- Farther Along
- How Great Thou Art
- The Love Of God
- Nothing But The Blood
- Worthy The Lamb
- Thanks to Calvary
- When I Get Carried Away
- What A Day That Will Be / How Beautiful Heaven Must Be
- End of the Beginning
- I Stand Amazed
- If That Isn’t Love
- Go Rest High on That Mountain
- Battle Hymn of the Republic
- Holy Highway
- He Is Jehovah
- Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior
- Mighty One Of Israel
- Revive Us Again
- There’s Something About That Name
- I Have Returned
- On The Jericho Road
- I’m Living In Canaan Now
- When He Calls Me I’ll Fly Away
Gloria Gaither Music Video
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do