Greg Laurie Biography
Greg Laurie is an author and the senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship, which has campuses in California and Hawaii. He was born on December 10, 1952 in Long Beach, California.
Laurie was not raised in the Christian faith or a church environment. In 1970, when Laurie was 17 years old, he became a devout Christian at Newport Harbor High School under the ministry of evangelist Lonnie Frisbee. At the age of 19, under the ministry of Calvary Chapel Pastor Chuck Smith, he was given the opportunity to lead a Bible study of 30 people. The church that formed from this group, Harvest Christian Fellowship, has grown to become one of the largest churches in the United States.
Laurie holds two honorary doctorates from Biola University and Azusa Pacific University. He serves on the board of directors for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. He is also a chaplain for the Newport Beach Police Department. In 2013, Laurie served as the Honorary Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force.
He is the featured speaker of the nationally syndicated radio program A New Beginning, and can be seen in a weekly 30-minute television program called GregLaurie.tv. The television program, GregLaurie.tv featured on the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) also every week on American Forces Network TV.
Laurie is a speaker for public evangelistic events called Harvest Crusades, founded in 1990. In 2012, Harvest Crusades launched Harvest America. Harvest America is the coordination of hundreds of churches coming together on one night to bring the life-saving message of the gospel to their community through a large-scale evangelistic outreach. With music from top Christian artists and a biblical message from pastor and evangelist Greg Laurie, Harvest America presents the hope of Jesus Christ in a comfortable, nonthreatening environment.
Local churches encourage their congregations to bring non-believing friends and family to Harvest America to hear what the Bible has to say about the important issues of life. Those who attend are given an opportunity to respond to this message by making a commitment to follow Jesus Christ. Those who make a commitment are connected to a local church that has chosen to partner in the outreach.
Greg Laurie Age
He was born on December 10, 1952 in Long Beach, California, United States. He is 65 years old as of 2018.
Greg Laurie Wife – Greg Laurie Kids
He has been married to Cathe Laurie for over 43 years and they have two sons: Christopher, who went to be with the Lord in 2008, and Jonathan. They also have five grandchildren.
Greg Laurie Books
Pastor Greg has authored over 70 books including:
- Greatest Stories Ever Told, Slipcase Only
- Someone: You Can Share the Good News Audiobook
- Road to the Resurrection: Explore and Share the Miracle of Easter Audiobook
- Life in the Fast Lane Tract
- Greatest Stories Ever Told, The Life and Ministry of Jesus (Special Edition)
- Lost Boy: The Next Chapter Audiobook
- Greatest Stories Ever Told, The Life and Ministry of Jesus
- Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus Audiobook
- New Believer’s Guide to Effective Christian Living
- Steve McQueen’s Search for Satisfaction Tract
- Ben-Hur Study Guide
- Israel, Iran, ISIS in Bible Prophecy
- Steve McQueen The Salvation of an American Icon Audiobook
- Ben Born Again’s New Believer’s Growth Book (Spanish version)
- Ben Born Again’s New Believer’s Growth Book
- How to Share Your Faith
- The Resurrection of the Christ—A Biblical Guide
- Marriage at Risk: The Danger of Adultery
- Strengthening Your Faith: Messages from the Gospel of John, Volume 1
- The Best Is Yet to Come [Hardcover]
- Deepening Your Faith
- Dealing with Giants
- Secrets to Spiritual Success
- Wrestling with God [Hardcover]
- 10 Things You Should Know about God and Life
- Making God Known
- His Christmas Presence
- Why, God?
- Better Than Happiness
- Upside Down Living
- As I See It
- Hope For Hurting Hearts
- Daily Hope for Hurting Hearts
- What Every Christian Needs to Know
- Lost Boy: My Story
- Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus
- Signs of the Times
- Worldview: Learning to Think and Live Biblically
- Discipleship: Start! To Follow
- Hope for America
- Upside Down Living (Book and Bible Study Combo)
- Following Jesus in the Modern World
- Essentials (Bible Study)
- Following Jesus in the Modern World (Bible Study)
- As It Is in Heaven
- Revelation: The Next Dimension
- Revelation, The Next Dimension (Bible Study)
- Revelation: The Next Dimension (Book and Bible Study Combo)
- A Fresh Look at the Book of Jonah
- Red: The Color of Christmas
- Happily. (Bible Study)
- Do You Want to Change Your Life?
- Israel, Iran, ISIS in Bible Prophecy (Booklet/DVD Combo)
- Greatest Stories Ever Told
- Tell Someone
- Tell Someone – Bible Study Book
- Live Love Fight: Living for What Really Matters
- Steve McQueen: The Salvation of an American Icon
Greg Laurie Net Worth – Pastor Greg Laurie Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $3.5 million.
Greg Laurie App
You can download Greg App on Google Play, Windows Phone, iTunes App Store and Amazon Appstore. When you download this app you will have access to the latest audio and video content from Greg Laurie, plus daily devotions.
Click the link below to download
1. Mike Jerrick
2. Jessica Holmes
3. Draya Michele
4. Marlon Wayans
5. Bella Hadid
6. Garth Fisher
7. Scoey Mitchell
8. Maria Lopez
9. Georgia Hardstark
Harvest Greg Laurie
Greg Laurie is the senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in California and Hawaii. Greg Laurie is committed to “Knowing God and making him known.”Harvest Outreach Ministries is committed to presenting the life-changing message of the gospel to the world.
Greg Laurie Sermons
Watch all sermons by following the link
Greg Laurie Trump
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
It is my privilege to be at The White House for a special dinner for a Evangelical leaders. pic.twitter.com/3vzwJsSv9a
— Greg Laurie (@greglaurie) August 27, 2018
Greg Laurie Tell Someone
Tell Someone Quotes
- Billy Graham once said, We are the Bibles the world is reading. We are the creeds the world is needing. We are the sermons the world is heeding.
- The gospel is only Good News if it gets there in time.
- A poll by researcher George Barna revealed that about 25 percent of the adults in the United States would go to church if a friend would just invite them. Barna
- the point is verbal communication of the gospel message that has already been lived out before their eyes.
- Jesus did not say that the whole world should go to church, but He did say that the church should go to the whole world. Esther
- Every testimony is valid because there is someone out there a lot like you.
- statistics indicate that 95 percent of all Christians have never led another person to Christ. For
- You show me a church that does not have a constant flow of new Christians coming in, and I will show you a church that is stagnating. We in the church have a choice: evangelize or fossilize!
Greg Laurie Facebook
Greg Laurie Instagram
Greg Laurie Twitter
Greg Laurie News
Greg Laurie: Jesus Revival May Lead to US Christians Being Raptured, Removing America From End Times
Updated on: 16 October 2018.
Evangelist Greg Laurie has suggested that a massive Jesus revival in America could lead to Christians being snatched from Earth, removing the U.S. from the End Times conflict.
Speaking with PureFlix on Sunday in a Facebook video, Laurie, who pastors Harvest Christian Fellowship in California, recalled that one of the earmarks of the Jesus movement of the 1960s and 1970s was that people believed Jesus was coming soon.
The pastor insisted that the Christians of that time were not wrong to believe that, noting that “we’ve never been closer to the return of Jesus than right now.”
He said that looking at Bible prophecy, he doesn’t see anything specifically that needs to happen before Christ returns to remove believers from the Earth, which is sometimes called the rapture of the Church.
“When you look at the major superpowers of the world, you can find Israel, you can maybe find Russia, China, you can definitely find Iran-Persia, but why is there is no clear identification of the reigning super power, the United States of America?” he said, referring to End Times scripture found in the book of Revelation.
“We know that the players of the last days will be the forces united under the anti-Christ going into a great battle in the battle of Armageddon with the kings of the East. But where is America in all this?” he positioned.
Laurie suggested that by a conservative estimate, there are perhaps 50 million legitimate Christians in America today.
“Let’s say a great revival broke out, and that number increased to 150 million, and suddenly the Lord came for His Church,” the evangelist envisioned.
“That will certainly explain how America ceased to be a superpower, if Christians disappeared from every walk of life; from government; to the military; to technology; to the medical field” and other areas.
“All these Christians caught up to Heaven will certainly give an explanation as to why America would not be a super power in the End Times,” he suggested.
Laurie has theorized about the possible fate of America in regard to End Times prophecy in the Bible on a number of occasions in recent years.
In May 2017, when tensions between the U.S. and North Korea were high and talk of nuclear war was surfacing, he warned that the possibility of a strike on America with nuclear weapons “can’t be dismissed or taken lightly.”
“How does this fit into the prophetic puzzle? Well, in the last days there is no mention of any nation that would resemble North Korea,” the pastor said at the time.
“Here is what concerns me. We do not find the reigning superpower on the face of the Earth anywhere in the Last Days scenario. Other nations emerge. So where is America? I pray we are not out of the picture, because we have been in some kind of nuclear conflict,” he added.
Last month, Laurie and New York Times best-selling author Ellen Vaughn released a book, titled Jesus Revolution: How God Transformed an Unlikely Generation and How He Can Do It Again Today.
In it, Laurie explores how he moved away from a life of drugs and bad decisions and came to faith in the 1970s, and also explores some of the main figures and influences behind the Jesus Movement.
Laurie told PureFlix that millennials, along with Generation Z, are today “asking a lot of questions” about the world, and want answers that are authentic.
“They are not attracted to the so-called megachurch model, the big flashy model. They want it real. They want to engage. They want their questions answered. Well, that’s fantastic,” he said, urging the Church to step up.
He suggested that while in the past the Church might have been too disconnected from culture, today he fears there might be the opposite problem.
“We have startup churches everywhere, we have ultra-cool pastors, we have pastors that are like fashionistas, they’re on the cutting edge, hanging out with rock stars and movie stars, and we are the coolest we’ve ever been. That’s fine, but let’s not sacrifice the Gospel for coolness,” he urged.
“What this generation needs is not more cool stuff — they need to know what the Bible says, and they need it in a way that they can understand it,” he added.
The Harvest Christian Fellowship pastor said that beside high production values and welcoming messages, churches need to tell young people “who Jesus is; that Jesus died on the cross for their sins,” and will rise again.
“God intervened in a generation, and He can do it again,” he affirmed.
Adopted from: www.christianpost.com