Greg Laurie Biography
Greg Laurie is an author and the senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship, which has campuses in California and Hawaii. He was born on December 10, 1952 in Long Beach, California.
Laurie was not raised in the Christian faith or a church environment. In 1970, when Laurie was 17 years old, he became a devout Christian at Newport Harbor High School under the ministry of evangelist Lonnie Frisbee. At the age of 19, under the ministry of Calvary Chapel Pastor Chuck Smith, he was given the opportunity to lead a Bible study of 30 people. The church that formed from this group, Harvest Christian Fellowship, has grown to become one of the largest churches in the United States.
Laurie holds two honorary doctorates from Biola University and Azusa Pacific University. He serves on the board of directors for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. He is also a chaplain for the Newport Beach Police Department. In 2013, Laurie served as the Honorary Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force.
He is the featured speaker of the nationally syndicated radio program A New Beginning, and can be seen in a weekly 30-minute television program called GregLaurie.tv. The television program, GregLaurie.tv featured on the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) also every week on American Forces Network TV.
Laurie is a speaker for public evangelistic events called Harvest Crusades, founded in 1990. In 2012, Harvest Crusades launched Harvest America. Harvest America is the coordination of hundreds of churches coming together on one night to bring the life-saving message of the gospel to their community through a large-scale evangelistic outreach. With music from top Christian artists and a biblical message from pastor and evangelist Greg Laurie, Harvest America presents the hope of Jesus Christ in a comfortable, nonthreatening environment.
Local churches encourage their congregations to bring nonbelieving friends and family to Harvest America to hear what the Bible has to say about the important issues of life. Those who attend are given an opportunity to respond to this message by making a commitment to follow Jesus Christ. Those who make a commitment are connected to a local church that has chosen to partner in the outreach.
Greg Laurie Age
He was born on December 10, 1952.
Greg Laurie Wife – Greg Laurie Kids
He has been married to Cathe Laurie for over 43 years and they have two sons: Christopher, who went to be with the Lord in 2008, and Jonathan. They also have five grandchildren.
Greg Laurie Net Worth – Pastor Greg Laurie Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $3.5 million.
Greg Laurie App
You can download Greg App on Google Play, Windows Phone, iTunes App Store and Amazon Appstore. When you download this app you will have access to the latest audio and video content from Greg Laurie, plus daily devotions.
Click the link below to download
Harvest Greg Laurie
Greg Laurie is the senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in California and Hawaii. Greg Laurie is committed to “Knowing God and making him known.”Harvest Outreach Ministries is committed to presenting the life-changing message of the gospel to the world.
Greg Laurie Sermons
Watch all sermons by following the link
Greg Laurie Tell Someone
Tell Someone Quotes
- Billy Graham once said, We are the Bibles the world is reading. We are the creeds the world is needing. We are the sermons the world is heeding.
- The gospel is only Good News if it gets there in time.
- A poll by researcher George Barna revealed that about 25 percent of the adults in the United States would go to church if a friend would just invite them. Barna
- the point is verbal communication of the gospel message that has already been lived out before their eyes.
- Jesus did not say that the whole world should go to church, but He did say that the church should go to the whole world. Esther
- Every testimony is valid because there is someone out there a lot like you.
- statistics indicate that 95 percent of all Christians have never led another person to Christ. For
- You show me a church that does not have a constant flow of new Christians coming in, and I will show you a church that is stagnating. We in the church have a choice: evangelize or fossilize!
Greg Laurie Instagram
Greg Laurie Twitter
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Greg Laurie Books
Pastor Greg has authored over 70 books including:
- Greatest Stories Ever Told, Slipcase Only
- Someone: You Can Share the Good News Audiobook
- Road to the Resurrection: Explore and Share the Miracle of Easter Audiobook
- Life in the Fast Lane Tract
- Greatest Stories Ever Told, The Life and Ministry of Jesus (Special Edition)
- Lost Boy: The Next Chapter Audiobook
- Greatest Stories Ever Told, The Life and Ministry of Jesus
- Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus Audiobook
- New Believer’s Guide to Effective Christian Living
- Steve McQueen’s Search for Satisfaction Tract
- Ben-Hur Study Guide
- Israel, Iran, ISIS in Bible Prophecy
- Steve McQueen The Salvation of an American Icon Audiobook
- Ben Born Again’s New Believer’s Growth Book (Spanish version)
- Ben Born Again’s New Believer’s Growth Book
- How to Share Your Faith
- The Resurrection of the Christ—A Biblical Guide
- Marriage at Risk: The Danger of Adultery
- Strengthening Your Faith: Messages from the Gospel of John, Volume 1
- The Best Is Yet to Come [Hardcover]
- Deepening Your Faith
- Dealing with Giants
- Secrets to Spiritual Success
- Wrestling with God [Hardcover]
- 10 Things You Should Know about God and Life
- Making God Known
- His Christmas Presence
- Why, God?
- Better Than Happiness
- Upside Down Living
- As I See It
- Hope For Hurting Hearts
- Daily Hope for Hurting Hearts
- What Every Christian Needs to Know
- Lost Boy: My Story
- Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus
- Signs of the Times
- Worldview: Learning to Think and Live Biblically
- Discipleship: Start! To Follow
- Hope for America
- Upside Down Living (Book and Bible Study Combo)
- Following Jesus in the Modern World
- Essentials (Bible Study)
- Following Jesus in the Modern World (Bible Study)
- As It Is in Heaven
- Revelation: The Next Dimension
- Revelation, The Next Dimension (Bible Study)
- Revelation: The Next Dimension (Book and Bible Study Combo)
- A Fresh Look at the Book of Jonah
- Red: The Color of Christmas
- Happily. (Bible Study)
- Do You Want to Change Your Life?
- Israel, Iran, ISIS in Bible Prophecy (Booklet/DVD Combo)
- Greatest Stories Ever Told
- Tell Someone
- Tell Someone – Bible Study Book
- Live Love Fight: Living for What Really Matters
- Steve McQueen: The Salvation of an American Icon
Greg Laurie News
Greg Laurie urges students to walk consistently with God
Updated: March 29, 2018
Riverside, Calif. (March 29, 2018) – Believers need to be in sync with God in order to walk with Him, Greg Laurie told a chapel audience at California Baptist University on March 29.
“The secret to the Christian life is long obedience in the same direction,” Laurie said. “If you want a relationship with God, you have to get up every day and read the Bible, be an active part of a church and you need to have a prayer life.”
Laurie is the senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside. He is also the featured speaker of the Harvest Crusades and the author of more than 70 books.
Laurie expounded on Hebrews 11:5-6 (NASB): “By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God. And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.”
Enoch walked with God consistently, Laurie said.
“The growth in the Christian life is not overnight. There’s no shortcuts, there’s not an end run around it,” Laurie said. “It’s just walking with the Lord each and every day. That’s hard in American culture because we like things fast and convenient.”
Additionally, Enoch was a witness for God and had a testimony, Laurie said.
“Everyone one of us has a testimony. It’s a good one or it’s a bad one, but we have one. People evaluate what we believe by the way that we live,” Laurie explained. “As followers of Jesus we want to look for opportunities to engage people in conversations about how to have a relationship with God.”
Christians also need to put their faith into action, Laurie said.
“Faith does things. Faith is not meant to be put in a display case and admired,” Laurie said. “It’s meant to be used and applied and put through its paces.”
Laurie said that a person’s actions today help to determine their future.
“You’re establishing the course of your life right now,” Laurie said. “The end of your life is determined by the beginning. You’re establishing habit patterns that you will build on in the years to come.”