Kathie Lee Gifford
Kathie Lee Gifford (Kathryn Lee Epstein) is an American television host, author, and singer – songwriter born on 16th August 1953 in Paris, France. She is a co-host of ‘The Kathie Lee and Hoda Show’ on NBC Today alongside Hoda Kotb. She is a former co- host of the talk show ‘Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee’ alongside Regis Philbin (1985 – 2000).
She is a celebrity ambassador for Childhelp, a non-profit organization. She makes regular appearance at fund raisers and events for the child abuse prevention and treatment organization and is an ardent supporter.
Kathie Lee Gifford Age
Kathie was born on 16th August 1953 in Paris, France ( 65 years as of 2018)
Kathie Lee Gifford Family
Her parents are Joan (January 20, 1930 – September 12, 2017), an American singer and Aaron Epstein (March 19, 1924 – November 19, 2002) who was a musician and a r US Navy Chief Petty Officer. Aaron was posted France at the time of Gifford’s birth.
Her paternal grandfather was a Russian Jewish man from Saint Petersburg and her paternal grandmother was of Native American ancestry.
Kathie Lee Gifford Husband
In 1976 Kathie married Paul Johnson, a Christian composer/arranger/producer/publisher but they divorced in 1983.
In 1986 she married Frank Gifford, a sportscaster and former NFL player. They first met in 1983 during an episode of ABC’s Good Morning America. Frank died on 9th August 2015 from natural causes Greenwich, Connecticut, home.
In 2007 Kathy released ‘He Saw Jesus’ and dedicated it to Frank, she co-wrote the song with songwriter Brett James. All the proceedings from the song went to Samaritan’s Purse, the international evangelical Christian humanitarian aid charity.
Kathie Lee Gifford Paul Johnson
In 1976 Kathie married Paul Johnson but they divorced in 1983. Paul is a Christian composer, arranger, producer and publisher.
Kathie Lee Gifford Children
She has two children a son Cody Newton Gifford born on 22nd March 1990 and daughter Cassidy Erin Gifford born on 2nd August 1993.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
Kathie Lee Gifford Daughter
Kathie Lee daughter Cassidy Erin Gifford is an actress. She was chosen as one of the “18 Beautiful Women America Won’t Be Able to Resist This Summer” in 2015 by the Esquire magazine.
Kathie Lee Gifford Net worth
Kathie Lee has an estimated net worth of $ 30 million.
Kathie Lee Gifford Salary
Kathy’s earns a salary of $2 million annually.
Kathie Lee Gifford Education
She attended Bowie High School in Maryland graduating in 1971. She later joined Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma where she studied drama and music.
Kathie Lee Gifford Career
While studying at Bowie High School she was a singer in a folk group, “PennsylvaniaNext Right”, which performed frequently at school assemblies.
Kathie joined WABC-TV on 24th June 1985 as a replacement of Ann Abernathy as a co-hoston ‘The Morning Show’ with Regis Philbin. In 1988 the show was changed to ‘Live! withRegis and Kathie Lee’ in 1988. She left the show on 28th July 2000.
While at the show, together with Regis Philbin, they were jointly nominated forOutstanding Talk Show Host during the Daytime Emmy Awards for eight consecutive yearsin a row (1993 to 2000).
She joined ‘The Insider’, a syndicated entertainment magazine television show, inSeptember 2005 as a special correspondent until 2008.
Kathie Lee and Hoda/ Kathie Lee Gifford Today Show
In March 2008 she joined NBC’s morning show ‘Today’ as a co-host alongside Hoda Kotb.
Kathie Lee Gifford Weight Loss
In September 2018 during her show Kathie Lee and Hoda she revealed that she had received a lot of hate from people alluding ‘she too skiny’ and some asking if she is sick. She said that she was doing fine and that she was preparing for a role for a recently widowed and a runner for her upcoming film ‘Love Me to Death’.
“I’ve had three doctors’ appointments in the last two weeks — [I’m] healthier than I have ever been in my entire life. More fit, more excited … I’m doing work 10 times what I did when I was in my twenties. And if that’s upsetting to people, they have to look at themselves.”
“I started getting in shape for that movie last fall because I knew we were going to shoot it in the spring. That’s what actresses do.”
Kathie Lee Gifford Books
- 2010: Just When I Thought I’d Dropped my Last Egg: Life and Other Calamities
- 2018: The Rock, the Road and the Rabbi
- 2010: Party Animals
- 2011: The Three Gifts: A Story About Three Angels and the baby Jesus (co-written withMichael Storrings)
- 2011: The Legend of Messy M’Cheany
Kathie Lee Movies
- 1978: Days of Our Lives as Nurse Callahan. (credited as Kathie Lee Johnson)
- 1998: Hercules as Echidna
- 2017: Sharknado 5: Global Swarming (TV Movie)
- 2018: Love Me to Death as Annabelle
Kathie Lee Gifford Albums
- 1992: Sentimental Journey
- 1993: It’s Christmas Time
- 1993: Christmas Carols
- 1993: Sentimental
- 1993: Christmas With Kathie Lee Gifford (double album)
- 1995: Dreamship: Lullabies for Little Ones
- 1995: Kathie Lee’s Rock ‘N’ Tots Cafe: A Christmas “Giff”
- 2000: Heart of a Woman (as Kathie Lee)
- 2000: Born For You (as Kathie Lee)
- 2001: Goodnight, Angel (as Kathie Lee)
- 2004: Gentle Grace
- 2009: Everyone Has a Story (as Kathie Lee Gifford & Friends)
- 2009: My Way Home
- 2010: Super Hits