Kris Kristofferson Biography
The BrownsVille, Texas born actor and singer-song-writer Kris Kristofferson is best known as the writer and recorder of the songs Me and Bobby McGee, For the Good Times, Sunday Mornin Comin Down, and Help Me Make It Through the Night. Kris composed his own songs and collaborated with Nashville songwriters such as Shel Silverstein.
Kris in 1985 he joined fellow country artists Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash in forming the country music supergroup The Highwaymen. He formed a key creative force in the Outlaw country music movement that eschewed the Nashville music machine in favor of independent songwriting and producing. Kris was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2004. He is best known for his starring roles in Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, Heaven’s Gate, Blade and A Star Is Born. Which at the end earned him a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor.
Kris settled down in San Mateo, California, where in 1954 he graduated from San Mateo High School. An aspiring writer, Kris registered in Pomona College that same year. He experienced his first fame when he appeared in Sports Illustrated’s “Faces in the Crowd” for his achievements in collegiate rugby union, American football, and track and field.
Kris along with his classmates revived the Claremont Colleges Rugby Club in 1958, which has remained a southern California rugby institution. Kris graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude, in literature in 1958. Kris was elected to Phi Beta Kappa during his junior. During a 2004 interview with Pomona College Magazine, Kristofferson mentioned philosophy professor Frederick Sontag as an important influence in his life.
Kris obtained a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University, where he studied at Merton College. During his time at Oxford, he was awarded his Blue for boxing, played rugby for his college, and began writing songs. He was also familiarized with fellow Rhodes scholar, art critic, and poet Michael Fried. With the help of his manager, Larry Parnes, Kris recorded for Top Rank Records under the name Kris Carson. Parnes was working to sell Kris as “a Yank at Oxford” to the British public; Kristofferson was willing to accept that promotional approach if it helped his singing career, which he hoped would enable him to progress towards his goal of becoming a novelist. This early phase of his music career was unsuccessful. Kris graduated with a B.Phil. degree in English literature in 1960.
Kris Kristofferson Age | How Old Is Kris Kristofferson
Kris was born on June 22, 1936, in BrownsVille, Texas, United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on June 22nd every year.
Kris Kristofferson Family
Kris was born on June 22, 1936 in Brownsville, Texas. He is the son to Mary Ann (née Ashbrook) and Lars Henry Kristofferson, a U.S. Army Air Corps officer (later a U.S. Air Force major general). Kris’s paternal grandparents emigrated from Sweden. Kris’ mother had English, Scots-Irish, German, Swiss-German, and Dutch ancestry.
His paternal grandfather was an officer in the Swedish Army. Kristofferson ‘s father pushed him towards a military career when he was a child.
Kris took a summer job with a dredging contractor on Wake Island at the age of 17. He referred it as the hardest job he ever had.
Kristofferson has been married to Lisa Kristofferson for 35 years as of 2018. The couple own a home in Los Flores Canyon in Malibu, California, and maintain a residence in Hana on the island of Maui.
Kris has eight children from three marriages: daughter Tracy born in 1962 and son Kris born in 1968 from his first marriage to Fran Beer; daughter Casey born in 1974 from his second marriage, to Rita Coolidge; and Jesse born 1983, Jody born 1985, Johnny born 1988, Kelly Marie born 1990, and Blake born in 1994 from his marriage to his current wife Lisa (Meyers) Kristofferson.
Kris Kristofferson Body Measurements
- Height; ft in'(Meters or cm): Kris stands at a height of 1.79 m
- Weight; Pounds(lbs): Not Available
- Shoe Size; Not Available
- Body Shape; Not Available
- Hair Colour; Not Available
Kris Kristofferson Salary
According to our reliable sources, Kristofferson’s annual salary ranges between $20,000,000 – $22,000,000.
Kris Kristofferson Net Worth
Kris Kristofferson is an American singer, songwriter and actor who has an estimated net worth of $160 million.
Kris Kristofferson Tour | Concert
These are some of Kris tours;
- Nov 7, 2019 – Thu • 8:00pm – Sioux Falls, SD – Washington Pavilion Of Arts & Science
- Nov 12, 2019 – Tue . 7:30pm – Minneapolis, MN- Pantages Theatre
- Nov 13, 2019 – Wed . 7:30pm – Davenport, IA – Adler Theatre
- Nov 14, 2019 – Thur . 7:30pm – Madison, WI – Barrymore Theatre
- Nov 15, 2019 – Fri . 8:00PM – Chicago, IL – the Chicago Theatre
- Nov 16, 2019 – Sat. 7:00Pm – Florence, IN – Balterra Casino Resort and Spa
- Nov 17, 2019 – Sun. 7:30pm – Northfield, OH – MGM Northfield Park – Centre Stage ( Formerly Hard Rock Live)
- Nov 19, 2019 – Tue. 7:00pm – Evansville, IN – Victory Theatre
- Nov 20, 2019 – Wed. 7:30pm – St Louis, MO – River City Casino & Hotel
- Nov 21, 2019 – Thur. 7:30pm – Springfield, MO – Gillioz Theatre
- Nov 23, 2019 – Sat. 7:00pm – Albuquerque, NM – Kiva Auditorium at the Albuquerque Convention Center
- Nov 24, 2019 – Sun. 6:00pm – Denver, CO – Paramount Theatre
- Feb 4, 2020 – 8:00pm – Ft Lauderdale, FL- Parker Playhouse
Kris Kristofferson Movies
From Year 2014 to 2018
- 2018 -Blaze-Mr. Fuller
- 2017 – Hickok- George Knox
- 2017 – The Star- Old Donkey (voice)
- 2017 – Abilene – George Knox
- 2016 – Traded- Billy
- 2016 – The Red Maple Leaf- John Francis Marshall
- 2015 – Texas Rising-Andrew Jackson
- 2014- San Patricios-Boss Flood
- 2014 – Dolphin Tale 2- Reed Haskett
- 2014 – 7 Minutes-Mr. B
- 2014 – The Winding Stream: The Carters, the Cashes and the Course of Country Music Himself
From year 2011 to 2013
- 2013 – Angels Sing- The Colonel
- 2013 – Midnight Stallion- Jack Shepard
- 2012 – Joyful Noise- Bernard Sparrow
- 2012 – Deadfall -Chet Mills
- 2012 – The Motel Life- Earl Hurley
- 2011 -Dolphin Tale- Reed Haskett
- 2011- The Greening of Whitney Brown – Dusty Brown
Year 2010 Movies
- 2010 – Bloodworth- E. F. Bloodworth
- 2010 – The Last Rites of Ransom Pride- Shepherd Graves
- 2010 Yohan: The Child Wanderer – Old Yohan
- 2010 – Fallout: New Vegas -Chief Hanlon (voice)
Year 2009 Movies
- 2009 – John Rich: Shuttin’ Detroit Down- John
- 2009 – He’s Just Not That into You – Ken Murphy
- 2009 – Powder Blue-Randall
- 2009 – For Sale by Owner- Ferlin Smith
From Year 2007 And 2008 Movies
- 2008 – Jump Out Boy- Raymond
- 2008 – Snow Buddies-Talon (voice)
- 2007 – Crossing the Heart- Ray
- 2007 – I’m Not There- Narrator
Year 2006 Movies
- 2006 – Brats: Our Journey Home- Narrator
- 2006 Disappearances- Quebec Bill Bonhomme
- 2006 – Fast Food Nation- Rudy Martin
- 2006 – Room 10- Howard Davis
- 2006 – Payback: Straight Up- Bronson
Year 2005 Movies
- 2005 – The Jacket -Dr. Thomas Becker
- 2005 – The Wendell Baker Story- L.R. Nasher
- 2005 – Dreame-Pop Crane
- 2005 Gun-Ned White (voice)
Year 2003 and 2004 Movies
- 2004 – Silver City- Wes Benteen
- 2004 – Forever Is a Long, Long Time- Hank Williams
- 2004 – Blade: Trinity- Abraham Whistler
- 2003 – Where the Red Fern Grows- Older Billy Coleman
Year 2000 to 2002 Movies
- 2002 – D-Tox- Dr. John ‘Doc’ Mitchell
- 2002 – Blade II -Abraham Whistler
- 2001 – Planet of the Apes-Karubi
- 2001 – Chelsea Walls-Bud
- 2001 – Wooly Boys-Shuck
- 2000 – Comanche
Year 1999 Movies
- 1999 – Payback- Bronson
- 1999 Molokai: The Story of Father Damien-Rudolph Meyer
- 1999 Limbo-‘Smilin’ Jack Johannson
- 1999 – The Joyriders-Eddie
Year 1998 Movies
- 1998 – Girls’ Night- Cody
- 1998 – Blade-Abraham Whistler
- 1998 – Dance with Me -John Burnett
- 1998-A Soldier’s Daughter Never Cries Bill Willis
- 1998 – The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock- Doc (voice)
- 1998 – Two for Texas-Hugh Allison
Year 1991 to 1997 Movies
- 1997 – Fire Down Below-Orin Hanner Sr.
- 1996 – Lone Star-Charlie Wade
- 1995 – Pharaoh’s Army – Preacher
- 1993 – No Place to Hide-Joe Garvey
- 1993 – Paper Hearts-Tom
- 1993 -Knights- Gabriel
- 1992 – Original Intent-Jack Saunders
- 1991 – Night of the Cyclone- Stanley ‘Stan’
From Year 1981 to 1990 Movies
- 1990 – Sandino -Tom Holte
- 1989 – Millennium- Bill Smith
- 1989 – Welcome Home- Jake
- 1988 -Big Top Pee-wee -Mace Montana
- 1985 -Trouble in Mind- John ‘Hawk’ Hawkins
- 1984 – Flashpoint -Bobby Logan
- 1984 – Songwriter- Blackie Buck
- 1982 – The Last Horror Film- Kris Kristofferson
- 1981 – Rollover -Hubbell Smith
From 1976 to 1980 Movies
- 1980 – Heaven’s Gate -James Averill
- 1978 -Convoy- Martin ‘Rubber Duck’ Penwald
- 1977 – Semi-Tough-Marvin ‘Shake’ Tiller
- 1976 – The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea- Jim Cameron
- 1976 -Vigilante Force-Aaron Arnold
- 1976 – A Star Is Born- John Norman Howard
From Year 1971 to 1974 Movies
- 1974 – Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia-Biker
- 1974 – Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore-David
- 1973 – The Gospel Road: A Story of Jesus- Vocalist
- 1973 – Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid-Billy the Kid
- 1973 – Blume in Love- Elmo Cole
- 1972 – Cisco Pike -Cisco Pike
- 1971 – The Last Movie- Minstrel Wrangler
Kris Kristofferson Songs
- A Moment Of Forever
- Anthem ’84
- Ask Any Working Girl
- Between Heaven And Here
- Broken Freedom Song
- Casey’s Last Ride
- Crippled Crow
- Devil To Pay
- Duvalier’s Dream
- Epitaph (black And Blue)
- Forever In Your Love
- Good Love
- Help Me Make It Through The Night
- I May Smoke Too Much
- I’ll Take Any Chance I Can With You
- If It’s All The Same To You
- If You Don’t Like Hank Williams
- It’s All Over All Over Again
- Jody And The Kid
- Johnny Lobo
- Just The Other Side Of Nowhere
- Lights Of Magdala
- Long Way From Home
- Love Don’t Live Here Anymore
- Love Is The Way
- Love Of Money
- Me And Bobby Mcgee
- New Game Now
- New Mister Me
- One For The Money
- Please Don’t Tell Me How The Story Ends
- Rescue Mission
- Road Warrior’s Ament
- Rock And Roll Time
- Sam’s Song
- Same Old Song
- Shake Hands With The Devil
- Shandy (the Perfect Disguise)
- Shipwrecked In The Ighties
- Shouldn’t Feel So Bad
- Smile At Me Again
- Stagger Mountain Tragedy
- Stairway To The Bottom
- The Promise
- The Silvertongued Devil And I
- The Taker
- To Beat The Devil
- Under The Gun
- Watch Closely Now
- What About Me
- When I Loved Her
- Worth Fighting For
- You Show Me Yours
Kris Kristofferson Death
News of actor Kris Kristofferson’s death spread quickly earlier on November 2018 causing concern among fans across the world. However the report has now been confirmed as a complete hoax and just the latest in a string of fake celebrity death reports. Thankfully, the actor best known for hit songs like Why Me or Me and Bobby McGee is alive and well.
Kris Kristofferson Albums
These are some of Kris albums
- The Silver Tongued Devil and I
- Border Lord
- Jesus Was a Capricorn
- Spooky Lady’s Sideshow
- Who’s to Bless and Who’s to Blame
- Surreal Thing
- Easter Island
- Shake Hands with the Devil
- To the Bone
- Third World Warrior
- A Moment of Forever
- The Austin Sessions
Kris Kristofferson Health
Kris, despite his age he is still healthy touring although he has encountered a few serious medical issues in the past few decades. In 1999 he had successful bypass surgery, but from 2004 to 2015 suffered from what was finally diagnosed as Lyme Disease, although initially it was incorrectly thought to be early onset Alzheimer’s disease. It is not clear how Kris contracted Lyme Disease, but it is suspected that he caught it while filming a movie in the remote woods of Vermont in 2002.
Kris’s wife credits Kris’s successful diagnosis and recovery to getting second opinions when dealing with auto-immune and Alzheimer-type diagnoses. Currently Kris is being treated by a specialist in California “who added antibiotic intramuscular injections to Kris’s protocol and is continuing to treat Kris,” his wife reported.
Willie Nelson Kris Kristofferson | Johnny Cash Kris Kristofferson
Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson composed a group know as The Highwaymen. It was an American country music supergroup. The four of the genre’s biggest artists were known for their pioneering influence on the outlaw country subgenre:. Between 1985 and 1995 the group was active it recorded three major label albums as The Highwaymen: two on Columbia Records and one for Liberty Records. The group’s Columbia works produced three chart singles, including the number one “Highwayman” in 1985.
Actor Kris Kristofferson
Kris focused on acting he appeared many films including Blume in Love (directed by Paul Mazursky) and Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia and Convoy (all directed by Sam Peckinpah). Kris starred in the 7-episode TV series Amerika with Robert Urich and Christine Lahti in 1987. He went on in acting Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, Vigilante Force, a film based on the Yukio Mishima novel The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea, A Star Is Born (with Barbra Streisand), for which he received a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, and Flashpoint in 1984 (directed by William Tannen).
Kris Kristofferson Military
Kris, under pressure from his family, ultimately joined the U.S. Army and attained the rank of captain. After Kris received flight training at Fort Rucker, Alabama he became a helicopter pilot . He also completed Ranger School. During the early 1960s, he was stationed in West Germany as a member of the 8th Infantry Division. During this time, he resumed his music career and formed a band.
When his tour of duty ended in 1965, Kris was given an assignment to teach English literature at West Point. Instead, he decided to leave the Army and pursue songwriting. He was disowned by his family because of his career decision, and sources are unclear on whether or not they reconciled. They saw it as a rejection of everything they stood for, in spite of the fact that he has said he is proud of his time in the military, and in 2003 he received the American Veterans Awards “Veteran of the Year Award.
Kris Kristofferson Quotes
- Kris Kristofferson Casey Kristofferson
- To me, if you love it enough to devote your life to it, then you’re doing the right thing.
You don’t paddle against the current, you paddle with it. And if you get good at it, you throw away the oars.
- I was working the Gulf of Mexico on oil rigs, flying helicopters. I’d lost my family to my years of failing as a songwriter. All I had were bills, child support, and grief. And I was about to get fired for not letting 24 hours go between the throttle and the bottle. It looked like I’d trashed my act. But there was something liberating about it.
- I have a special place in my heart for Nashville because it saved my life back in the day.
- I have no regrets. I feel very grateful for the life that I had – you know, family I live with; and I’ve been doing work that I love, ever since I came to Nashville.
- Tell the truth. Sing with passion. Work with laughter. Love with heart. ‘Cause that’s all that matters in the end.
- I hope that I’ll keep being creative until they throw dirt on me.
- I grew up in a time when people believed in duty, honor and country. My grandfathers were both officers. My father was a General in the Air Force. My brother and I were both in the Army. I’ve always felt a kinship with soldiers; I think it’s possible to support the warrior and be against the war.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/kris_kristofferson
Kris Kristofferson Singo’s singalong
On September 30, 2019 Monday, retail and burger king Jack Cowin (No. 25 on this year’s list with $2.79 billion) and Harvey Norman co-founder and executive chairman Gerry Harvey (No. 40 with $1.9 billion) joined their close friend, former ad man and entrepreneur John Singleton (on 145th spot with a paltry $670 million) at his Saddles restaurant in Mt White, on Sydney’s outskirts for an intimate concert with 83-year-old rocker Kris Kristofferson, who played opposite Barbra Streisand in the 1976 version of A Star is Born.
Kris Kristofferson Education | Kris Kristofferson Young
Kris settled down in San Mateo, California, where in 1954 he graduated from San Mateo High School. An aspiring writer, Kris registered in Pomona College that same year.Kris obtained a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University, where he studied at Merton College.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Who is Kris Kristofferson?
Kris is a singer-songwriter and actor.
How old is Kris Kristofferson?
Kris is 83 years old as of 2019.
How tall is Kris Kristofferson?
Kris stands at a height of 1.8 m.
Is Kris Kristofferson married?
Kristofferson is married to Lisa Kristofferson.
How much is Kris Kristofferson worth?
He has an estimated net worth of $160 million.
How much does Kris Kristofferson make?
Kristofferson’s annual salary ranges between $20,000,000 – $22,000,000.
What happened to XYZ?
In 1999 he had successful bypass surgery, but from 2004 to 2015 suffered from what was finally diagnosed as Lyme Disease, although initially it was incorrectly thought to be early onset Alzheimer’s disease.
Where does Kris Kristofferson live?
Kris lives in Los Flores Canyon in Malibu, California,.
Is Kris Kristofferson dead or alive?
Kris is still alive and in good health.
Where is Kris Kristofferson now?
Currently he is situated in Los Flores Canyon in Malibu, California.