Larnelle Harris Biography
Larnelle Harris born Larnelle Steward Harris, on July 6, 1947 is an American gospel singer and songwriter. He is a native of Danville, Kentucky.
He attended college at Western Kentucky University, from where he graduated in 1969. Harris then became a part of the popular gospel touring group The Spurrlows.
Larnelle Harris Age
He was born 6 July 1947 in Danville, Kentucky, United States. He is 71 years old as of 2018.
Larnelle Harris Wife – Larnelle Harris Children- Larnelle Harris Family
Harris met his wife Cynthia (also known as Mitzy) while both were students at Western Kentucky University. They have two children Lonnie (Larnelle Jr.) and Teresa.
Larnelle Harris net worth
Larnelle Harris is an American gospel singer and songwriter who has a net worth of $3 million.
Larnelle Harris Career
Harris has appeared live on television series such as Live with Regis and Kathie Lee, The 700 Club, several Billy Graham crusades, and the Trinity Broadcasting Network. He has also appeared on numerous Gaither Homecoming shows, and his own Christmas special. In his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky, he has made many appearances on the WHAS Crusade for Children, a long-running local telethon benefiting children’s charities.
Larnelle has over the years garnered numerous accolades for his music including five Grammy Awards, eleven Dove Awards ,three of which were for Male Vocalist of the Year, and a Stellar Award for Best Solo Performance, among many other musical honors. Larnelle was recently recognized by his home state of Kentucky with the Governor’s Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Arts, making him the first Christian artist to receive the award. He has achieved nineteen #1 radio singles and countless top 10 hits. Songs such as “How Excellent Is Thy Name,” “I Miss My Time With You,” “I’ve Just Seen Jesus,” plus many others, including his signature song, “Amen,” are now considered modern gospel music classics.
From the White House to the danger zone of the 38th Parallel, Larnelle has impacted audiences across the globe with his music. He was the first Christian artist to perform inside the Kremlin after the fall of the Soviet Union. He is one of a handful of celebrities to receive the Ad Council’s Silver Bell Award for Distinguished Public Service in recognition of his song “Mighty Spirit” as the theme song for the longest-running Public Service Announcement in television history.
Harris has received an honorary doctorate of music from Campbellsville University in central Kentucky. He was inducted into the Western Kentucky University Hall of Distinguished Alumni in 1993.
Larnelle Harris Books
- I’ve Just Seen Jesus
- V1 and 2 BEST 10 YEARS
- Shaped Notes: How Ordinary People with Extraordinary Gifts Influenced My Life and Career
Larnelle Harris Albums
- 2012 – Larnelle Live in Nashville
- 2005 – I Want To Be A Star
- 2002 – The American Spirit
- 2002 – Comfort In The Midst
- 2002 – Pass The Love
- 2000 – A Story To Tell-Hymns & Praises
- 1998 – First Love
- 1995 – Unbelievable Love
- 1994 – Beyond All The Limits
- 1992 – I Choose Joy
- 1991 – The Best of 10 Years 1 & 2
- 1990 – Larnelle Live…Psalms Hymns & Spiritual Songs
- 1989 – I Can Begin Again
- 1988 – Larnelle Christmas
- 1987 – The Father Hath Provided
- 1986 – From A Servant’s Heart
- 1985 – I’ve Just Seen Jesus
- 1982 – Touch Me Lord
- 1982 – Best Of Larnelle
- 1981 – Give Me More Love In My Heart
- 1978 – Free
- 1977 – Larnelle…More
- 1975 – Tell It To Jesus
Larnelle Harris Songs
- I’ve Just Seen Jesus
- Were It Not for Grace
- I Miss My Time With You
- But God
- When Praise Demands A Sacrifice
- Much Too High A Price
- I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked
- Love Found A Way
- Teach Me to Love
- Sweeter As The Days Go By
- Friends In High Places
- We’ll Understand It Better By And By
- I Go To The Rock
- I Don’t Want To Get Adjusted
- Give Up
- Your First Day In Heaven
- A Few Good Men
Larnelle Harris Lyrics
Larnelle Harris You tube
Larnelle Harris News
Gospel musician Larnelle Harris takes us to church
Updated On: 8th March 2018
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
Along with pianist Simeon Amburgey, Larnelle Harris performs on the GDL set.
Award-winning gospel musician Larnelle Harris has recorded 19 number one gospel hits in his 50-year career. Now he’s published a memoir of his experiences throughout the years. He’ll be signing his book, “Shaped Notes,” from 2:00PM until 4:00PM on March 10, 2018 at Barnes and Noble, 801 S. Hurstbourne Pkwy, Louisville.