Rick Warren Biography
Rick Warren (Richard Duane Warren) is an American evangelical Christian pastor and author born on 28th January 1954 in San Jose, California, U.S. He is the founder and senior pastor of Saddleback Church, the sixth-largest megachurch in the United States. He is also the founder of Pastors.com, an an online interactive community that provides sermons, forums, and other practice resources for pastors.
Rick attended Ukiah High School graduating in 1972 before joining California Baptist University where he earned a Bachelor of Arts. He also has a Master of Divinity from Southwestern Theological Seminary and a Doctor of Ministry from Fuller Theological Seminary.
He holds conservative theological views know as dead link and traditional evangelical views on social issues such as abortion, same-sex marriage, abstinence-only education over the use of condoms to prevent HIV/AIDS, and embryonic stem-cell research.
In the year 2008 United States presidential election, Warren hosted the Civil Forum on the Presidency at his church with both presidential candidates, John McCain and Barack Obama who later sparked controversy when he asked Warren to give the invocation at the presidential inauguration in January 2009.
Rick Warren Age
Rich Warren was born on 28th January 1954 in San Jose, California (64 years as of 2018)
Rick Warren Family
His parents are Jimmy Warren who was a Baptist minister and his mother Dot Warren was a high-school librarian.
Rick Warren Wife
Warren married Kay Warren on 21st June 1975
Warren got married to his wife Kay Warren in June 21, 1975. The couple has three adult children and four grandchildren. Warren considers Billy Graham, Peter Drucker, and his own father to be among his mentors.
Rick Warren Children
Warren has three children; a daughter Amy Warren and two sons late Matthew Warren and Josh Warren.
Rick Warren Son
On 6th April 2013 Matthew committed suicide after years of struggling with mental illness. He had borderline personality disorder which prompted him to buy a gun illegally online which he used to shot himself. According to his parents the suicide came after years of threatening suicide and even asking his father, “Why can’t I just die?”
In the cause of the year following the suicide, he says that more than 10,000 people wrote to him about their struggles with mental illness within the Church. In March 2014 after Matthew’s death, Warren launched a ministry to educate the Church on its role to help people struggling with mental illness and the Church Gathering.
Rick Warren Net Worth
Rick Warren has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars.
Rick Warren Salary
Rick Warren stopped taking his salary from the church after his books became best sellers. He and his wife considers themselves reverse tilters as they live on 10% of their income and donate the rest to charity.
1. Mike Jerrick
2. Jessica Holmes
3. Draya Michele
4. Marlon Wayans
5. Bella Hadid
6. Garth Fisher
7. Scoey Mitchell
8. Maria Lopez
9. Georgia Hardstark
During an interview he said; “I drive a 12-year-old Ford, have lived in the same house for the last 22 years, bought my watch at Wal-Mart, and I don’t own a boat or a jet”
Pastor Rick Warren
Rick Warren says he was called to full-time ministry when he was a 19-year-old student at California Baptist University. In November 1973 Warren with his friend skipped classes and drove 350 miles to hear W.A. Criswell preach at the Jack Tar Hotel in San Francisco. He waited afterwards to shake hands with Criswell, who focused on Warren, stating, “I feel led to lay hands on you and pray for you!”
During Criswell time at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Warren worked at the Texas Ranch for Christ, a ministry facility of Billie Hanks, Jr., where he began writing books. He helped in writing two books, The Victory Scripture Memory Series and Twelve Dynamic Bible Study Methods for Laity with Billie Hanks, Jr., and Wayne Watts.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Rick Warren Church/ Rick Warren Saddleback
In 1980 Rick Warren alongside his wife founded Saddleback Church, an evangelical megachurch in Lake Forest, California. The church is sixth-largest megachurch in the United States. Warren held Saddleback Church’s first public service on Easter Sunday at the Laguna Hills High School Theater with 200 people in attendance. Warren’s church growth methods led to rapid expansion, with the church using nearly 80 different facilities in its 35-year history. The church now has a maximum of 20,000 people in attendance each week.
Rick Warren Books
- 2002: Purpose Driven Life
- 1995: The Purpose Driven Church
- 2013: Daniel Plan Journal: 40 Days to a Healthier Life
- 1981: Twelve Dynamic Bible Study Methods
- 2008: The purpose of Christmas
- 1985: God’s Answers to Life’s Difficult Questions
- 1990: God’s Power to Change Your Life
- 2015: The Purpose Driven Life Devotional for Kids
- 2005: Lessons on Leadership from the Book of Nehemiah
- 2017: God’s Big Plans for Me Storybook Bible: Based on the New York Times Bestseller The Purpose Driven Life
- 2017: God’s Great Love for You
- 2009: 40 Days of Love Study Guide: We Were Made for Relationships
- 2013: The Daniel Plan Study Guide: 40 Days to a Healthier Life
- 2014: The Daniel Plan Cookbook: Healthy Eating for Life
- 2003: Daily inspiration for the purpose-driven life
- 2002: Meditations on the Purpose Driven® Life
- 2004: Better Together: What on Earth Are We Here For?
- 2004: Made for a Purpose Ams
- 1998: Celebrate Recovery (R): A Program for Implementing a Christ-Centered Recovery Ministry in Your Church: Updated Curriculum Kit
- 2010: Everything Is Possible with God: Understanding the Six Phases of Faith
- 1998: Participant’s Guides Set
- You Are Who God Says You Are: A Daily Hope Devotional
- 2012: 40 Days of Community Study Guide: What on Earth Are We Here For?
- 1998: Sermon Transcripts
- 2014: Son of God: The Life of Jesus in You: 6-Session Bible Study
- 2006: Rick Warren’s Global Peace Plan: Vs. Scriptural Teachings on Peace
Rick Warren House
Warren said this about his house when he was questioned;“I drive a 12 year old Ford, have lived in the same house for the last 22 years, bought my watch at Wal-Mart, and I don’t own a boat or a jet,”
Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life
Purpose Driven Church 10th anniversary edition, with emphasis on the question What on Earth Am I Here For? is the life-message of Rick Warren, founding pastor of Saddleback Church. Written in a captivating devotional style, the book is divided into 42 short chapters (six weeks) that can be read as a daily devotional, studied by small groups, and used by churches participating in the nationwide 40 Days of Purpose campaigns.
The most common question everyone faces in life is Why am I here? What is my purpose? Self-help books suggest that people should watch within, at their own desires and dreams, but Warren says the starting place must be with God and his eternal purposes for each life. Real meaning and significance comes from understanding and fulfilling God’s purposes for bringing us on earth.
This book takes the innovative message of the award-winning Purpose-Driven Church and goes deeper, applying it to the lifestyle of individual Christians. This book helps readers understand God’s incredible plan for their lives. Warren enables them to see the big picture of what life is all about and begin to live the life God created them to live.
The book is a manifesto for Christian living in the 21st century a lifestyle based on eternal purposes, not cultural values. Referring to biblical stories and letting the Bible speak for itself, Rick clearly explains God’s five purposes for each of us:
We were planned for God’s pleasure
so your first purpose is to offer real worship.
We were formed for God’s family
so your second purpose is to enjoy real fellowship.
We were created to become like Christ,
so your third purpose is to learn real discipleship.
We were shaped for serving God
so your fourth purpose is to practice real ministry.
We were made for a mission
so your fifth purpose is to live out real evangelism.
Rick Warren Prayer
Pastor Rick Warren shared his own personal prayer strategy based on Lord’s Prayer “Pray in the Spirit at all times with all kinds of prayers, asking for everything you need. To do this you must always be ready and never give up. And always pray for all God’s people.” Ephesians 6:18 (NCV)
BY DEVELOPING 2 HABITS
KEEP A RUNNING CONVERSATION WITH GOD
“Pray on every occasion, as the Spirit leads.” Ephesians 6:18 (TEV)
“Never stop praying! (Pray all the time!)” 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (GW)
SCHEDULE PRAYER TIMES THROUGHOUT MY DAY
“Seven times a day I praise you!” Psalm 119:164 (NIV)
Action Plan: Try starting every day this week by reading a chapter from Psalms. Pray through that chapter, turning the authors’ words into your prayer
Rick Warren Quotes Purpose Driven Life
- Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can’t make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you’ll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time.
- It is not enough to just say relationships are important; we must prove it by investing time in them. Words alone are worthless.
- My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action.
- Relationships take time and effort, and the best way to spell love is “T-I-M-E.”
- The more you pray, the less you’ll panic. The more you worship, the less you worry. You’ll feel more patient and less pressured.
- You were made by God and for God and until you understand that, life will never make sense
- Forgiveness must be immediate, whether or not a person asks for it. Trust must be rebuilt over time. Trust requires a track record.
- Resentment always hurts you more than it does the person you resent. While your offender has probably forgotten the offense and gone on with life, you continue to stew in your pain, perpetuating the past. Listen: those who hurt you in the past cannot continue to hurt you now unless you hold on to the pain through resentment. Your past is past! Nothing will change it. You are only hurting yourself with your bitterness. For your own sake, learn from it, and then let it go.
- Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.
- God sometimes removes a person from your life for your protection. Don’t run after them.
- Trusting God completely means having faith that He knows what is best for your life. You expect Him to keep His promises, help you with problems, and do the impossible when necessary.
- Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. Don’t waste your pain; use it to help others.
- Other people are going to find healing in your wounds. Your greatest life messages and your most effective ministry will come out of your deepest hurts.
- The best use of life is love. The best expression of love is time. The best time to love is now.
- God intentionally allows you to go through painful experiences to equip you for ministry to others.
- Humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less. Humility is thinking more of others.
- If not to God, you will surrender to the opinions or expectations of others, to money, to resentment, to fear, or to your own pride, lusts, or ego. You were designed to worship God and if you fail to worship Him, you will create other things (idols) to give your life to. You are free to choose, what you surrender to but you are not free from the consequence of that choice.
- You weren’t put on earth to be remembered. You were put here to prepare for eternity.
- You cannot fulfil God’s purposes for your life while focusing on your own plans.
- Why is this happening to me? Why am I having such a difficult time? One answer is that life is supposed to be difficult! It’s what enables us to grow. Remember, earth is not heaven!
- Because God is with you all the time, no place is any closer to God than the place where you are right now.
- Life minus love equals zero.