Tyler Perry Biography
Tyler Perry,an American writer, actor, producer and director was born Emmitt Perry Jr. on September 13, 1969, in New Orleans, Louisiana.He is the son to one Willie Maxine Campbell and Emmitt Perry who was a carpenter by profession.
At age 16, he had his first name legally changed from Emmitt to Tyler in an effort to distance himself from his father who he described as abusive.
Tyler Perry Movie Career
Perry moved to Atlanta in the year 1990, where two years later I Know I’ve Been Changed was first performed at a community theater which was financed by his $12,000 life savings.The play included Christian themes of forgiveness, dignity, and self-worth, while addressing issues such as child abuse and dysfunctional families.The play however did not get a good reception as it drew a measly 30 people to see the show.
Even after the failure, Perry did not give up,he persisted and in 1998, at age 28, he succeeded in rewriting the play and re-staging it in Atlanta, first at the House of Blues, then at the Fox Theatre. Soon Perry was performing to sell out crowds and the musical was moved to a larger theater. After so many years of hard work, he finally earned critical acclaim as well as commercial success.
Perry raised a US $5.5 million budget in part from the ticket sales of his stage productions to fund his first movie, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, which went on to gross US$50.6 million domestically.For his next project, Perry worked on his most famous character Madea, the gun-toting, sharp-tongue grandma who first appeared in his 2000 play, I Can Do Bad All by Myself.
Gathering quite the interest from people, Madea has also starred in a number of plays,including Madea’s Family Reunion in 2002 and Madea’s Class Reunion in the year 2003.In his next Lionsgate project, Daddy’s Little Girls, starred Gabrielle Union and Idris Elba and was released in the United States on February 14, 2007 and it grossed over US$31 million.
He also wrote, directed, produced and starred in his next film Why Did I Get Married? where he explores the relationships of several married couples. Perry’s seventh film with Lionsgate Entertainment,Madea Goes to Jail opened at number one on February 20, 2009, grossing US$41 million and becoming his largest opening to date.
Tyler Perry also had a role in the big screen volume of the Star Trek saga—another 2009 release.The talented actor has also launched several new series in recent years including Love Thy Neighbor, The Haves and the Have Nots, For Better or Worse and If Loving You Is Wrong.
In 2016, Perry played scientist Baxter Stockman in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows andd in mid January 2016, Perry started filming his seventeenth film another Madea franchise, Boo! A Madea Halloween. The film was released on October 21, 2016.
Tyler Perry Age
Born on 13 September 1969, Tyler Perry current age is 48 years.
Tyler Perry Height
He has a height of 1.96 m.
Tyler Perry Net Worth
Tyler Perry’s net worth is $600 million.
Tyler Perry Wife
Although not married officially as of 2017,Tyler Perry is said to have been in a relationship with one Gelila Bekele with whom he has a child with.
Tyler Perry Children
On September 25, 2014, it was announced that Tyler Perry was expecting his first child with his partner Gelila Bekele and on November 30, 2014, Bekele gave birth to their son Aman Tyler Perry.
1. Mike Jerrick
2. Jessica Holmes
3. Draya Michele
4. Marlon Wayans
5. Bella Hadid
6. Garth Fisher
7. Scoey Mitchell
8. Maria Lopez
9. Georgia Hardstark
Tyler Perry House
Tyler Perry glass-Walled mansion in Beverly Hills is worth $14.5 million.
Tyler Perry Awards
Tyler Perry has over the years bagged numerous awards for his exemplary performance on stage and also in films.These awards include: Black Movie Awards, BET Comedy Awards, Black Reel Awards, MTV Movie Awards, Black Movie Awards, Image Awards, Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards, Golden Raspberry Awards, African-American Film Critics Association Awards and several other awards.
Tyler Perry Instagram
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Tyler Perry Twitter
Tyler Perry Quotes
- Everything that I write about, I write from my own experiences. There are bits and pieces of everything that’s in the very fabric of who I am, that help me tell a story.
- What I know about me is that, in order to lead, you also have to know how to follow.
- My brand is faith.
- People ask me all the time, how did you make it? I say it in press all the time but people cut it out…it was nothing but the grace of God.
- You beginning never dictates your destination.
- You can’t make yourself happy by causing other people’s misery.
- If I had not had faith in my life. I don’t know where I would be right now.
- What I have learned in this life is, you can never be ashamed of where you come from.
- When you haven’t forgiven those who’ve hurt you, you turn your back against your future. When you do forgive, you start walking forward.
- I’ve never chased money. It’s always been about what I can do to motivate and inspire people.
- You can never be upset with the people who forced you into your dream.
- It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place because it frees you.
- I work three months really hard, nonstop, and then I take a month off. Then I do do it all over again. I work hard but I give myself four breaks a year.
- Sometimes we try to hold on to the very things that God himself is trying to tear apart.
- I don’t think dreams die – I think that people give up.
Tyler Perry Book
Tyler has written three books of inspirational stories and teachings: Higher Is Waiting, Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds, Don’t Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings: Madea’s Uninhibited Commentaries on Love and Life.
Tyler Perry Shows
- 2007–2012 Tyler Perry’s House of Payne
- 2009–2011 Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns
- 2011–2017 Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse
- 2013–present Tyler Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots
- 2013–2017 Tyler Perry’s Love Thy Neighbor
- 2014–present Tyler Perry’s If Loving You Is Wrong
- 2016–2017 Tyler Perry’s Too Close to Home
- 2018–present Tyler Perry’s The Paynes
Tyler Perry Movies
- 2005 Diary of a Mad Black Woman
- 2006 Madea’s Family Reunion
- 2007 Daddy’s Little Girls
- 2007 Why Did I Get Married?
- 2008 Meet the Browns
- 2008 The Family That Preys
- 2009 Madea Goes to Jail
- 2009 Star Trek
- 2009 I Can Do Bad All By Myself
- 2009 Precious
- 2010 Why Did I Get Married Too?
- 2010 For Colored Girls
- 2011 Madea’s Big Happy Family
- 2012 Good Deeds
- 2012 Madea’s Witness Protection
- 2012 Alex Cross
- 2013 Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
- 2013 Tyler Perry Presents Peeples
- 2013 A Madea Christmas
- 2014 The Single Moms Club
- 2014 Gone Girl
- 2015 Madea’s Tough Love
- 2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
- 2016 Brain on Fire
- 2016 Boo! A Madea Halloween
- 2017 The Star
- 2017 Boo 2! A Madea Halloween
- 2018 Backseat
- 2018 Acrimony
- 2018 A Madea Family Funeral
- 2018 The List