Vanessa Bell Armstrong Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Vanessa Bell Armstrong Biography
- 2 10 Quick Facts About Vanessa Bell Armstrong
- 3 Vanessa Bell Armstrong Age
- 4 Vanessa Bell Armstrong Height
- 5 Vanessa Bell Armstrong Husband
- 6 Vanessa Bell Armstrong Net Worth
- 7 Vanessa Bell Armstrong Albums
- 8 Vanessa Bell Armstrong Measurements and Facts
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions About Vanessa Bell Armstrong
- 10 Vanessa Bell Armstrong Social Media Contacts
- 11 Related Biographies.
Vanessa Bell Armstrong is an American gospel singer who released her debut album Peace Be Still in the year 1983. She was born on October 2, 1953, in Detroit, Michigan, United States. Armstrong is a married woman with five children, she is the daughter of Jesse Bell, a minister. Armstrong began singing at age four in Detroit-area churches; worked with Mattie Moss Clark from age of 13; toured and sang with top gospel stars including Rev. James Cleveland, the Clark Sisters, and the Winans as a teenager.
She made her solo debut on Onyx/Muscle Shoals Sound Records in the year 1983 with the album Peace Be Still. The title track has since become one of Armstrong’s signature songs. Her second album Chosen hit number one on the US Billboard Top Gospel Albums chart.
She performed at the 1st Annual Soul Train Awards ceremony. Armstrong’s 1986 album Following Jesus won a Soul Train Music Award for Best Gospel Album – Solo in 1988. Armstrong is also a seven-time Grammy Award-nominee.
She enjoyed a slice of mainstream success in the late 1980s. Her self-titled 1987 Jive Records debut yielded the Billboard-charting hit “You Bring Out The Best in Me,” and the club favorite “Pressing On.” The next year’s follow-up album Wonderful One featured a cover of the Labi Siffre anti-apartheid anthem “Something Inside So Strong.”
The song was later remade in the year 1995 by Armstrong along with Shirley Caesar, Fred Hammond, Tramaine Hawkins, Yolanda Adams, along with a host of other gospel artists as a tribute to Rosa Parks. The song was serviced to radio stations to play on the 40th anniversary of the civil rights icon’s arrest.
Armstrong appeared on Broadway in the year 1991 in a production of Don’t Get God Started. “Always,” a Marvin Winans composition that anchors the play, also appears on Armstrong’s 1987 self-titled album. Armstrong’s Broadway role lead to a cameo appearance in the Oprah Winfrey TV special The Women of Brewster Place. She was also chosen to record the theme to the popular 1980s NBC sitcom Amen.
She took a three-year self-imposed hiatus from recording before releasing A Brand New Day under a new deal with Tommy Boy Gospel in 2001. Armstrong was presented with a lifetime achievement award during 2004’s Gospel Superfest.
Armstrong’s 2007 album, Walking Miracle, is her first release in six years and blends traditional gospel fare like “So Good To Me” (produced by Smokie Norful) with contemporary songs like “Til The Victory’s Won” (produced by Fred Jerkins III) as well as the title track (produced by Rodney Jerkins). The latter song was inspired by Armstrong’s son who was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
10 Quick Facts About Vanessa Bell Armstrong
- Name: Vanessa Bell Armstrong
- Age: 67 years old
- Birthday: October 2
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Height: Average
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Gospel singer
- Marital Status: To be updated
- Salary: To be updated
- Net worth: $1 million – $5 million
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Age
Armstrong is 67 years old as of 2020, she was born on October 2, 1953, in Detroit, Michigan, United States. She celebrates her birthday on October 2, every year.
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Height
Armstrong stands at an average height and has moderate weight. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Husband
Details about Armstrong’s husband is not available. It not publicly known whether she is married, or dating. Armstrong has five children, she has a son named Terrence Armstrong. However, this information will be updated as soon as it is available.
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Net Worth
Armstrong has an estimated net worth of $1 million – $5 million as of 2020. This includes her assets, money, and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a gospel singer. Through her various sources of income, Armstrong has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Albums
- Peace Be Still 1983
- Something on the Inside 1993
- The desire of My Heart: Live in Detroit 1998
- The Secret Is Out 1995
- Chosen 1984
- Walking Miracle 2007
- Praise & Worship 2006
- Wonderful One 1989
- Following Jesus 1986
- Vanessa Bell Armstrong 1987
- A Brand New Day 2001
- The Experience 2009
- The Truth About Christmas 1990
- How I Got Over…Songs That Carried Us 2011
- Tribute to the Queen of Soul 2019
- Spirit And Truth 2004
- Timeless 2012, EP Best Of Armstrong 2014
- Gospel’s Best: Songs Of Hope 2016
- Pure… Gospel 2012
- Great Women Of Gospel (Volume 4) 2006
- Praise Him Now 2010
- The Very Best Of Praise & Worship 2006
- WOW Gospel 2014 2014
- Gospel’s Best – Christmas 2012
- The Christmas To Remember 2006
- Gospel’s Best Worship 2011
- 20 #1’s Gospel 2015
- Leading Ladies of Gospel – Vol. 1 2019
- The Best of DONALD LAWRENCE & CO. 2014
- Gospel’s Best – Family Reunion 2012
- Gospel’s Best Women 2007
- 8 Great Hits: Women Of Gospel 2005
- Verity: The First Decade Vol. 2 2004
- Women’s Day (Great Women Sing Gospel Favorites) 2015
- Gospel: 25 Worship Favorites 2008
- Gospel’s Best Praise 2011
- Gospel’s Best – Heritage 2012
- EMI Gospel 2010 2009
- Lift Every Voice… In Worship 2006
- Gospel Duets Classics – Vol. 1 2019
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Vanessa Bell Armstrong.
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Vanessa Bell Armstrong
- Popular As: Gospel singer
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Gospel singer
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: To be updated
- Religion: To be updated
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 67 years old as of 2020.
- Zodiac Sign: To be updated
- Date of Birth: October 2, 1953.
- Place of Birth: Detroit, Michigan, United States.
- Birthday: October 2, every year
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be updated
- Height / How Tall?: To be updated
- Weight: To be updated
- Eye Color: To be updated
- Hair Color: To be updated
- Shoe Size: To be updated
- Dress Size: To be updated
- Breast Size: To be updated
- Waist Size: To be updated
- Hip Size: To be updated
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Jesse Bell
- Mother: To be updated
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): To be updated
- Marital Status: To be updated
- Husband/Spouse: To be updated
- Dating / Boyfriend: To be updated
- Children: Five
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 million – $5 million as of 2020.
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Gospel singer
Frequently Asked Questions About Vanessa Bell Armstrong
Who is Armstrong?
Vanessa Bell Armstrong is an American gospel singer who released her debut album Peace Be Still in the year 1983.
How old is Armstrong?
Armstrong is 67 years old as of 2020, she was born on October 2, 1953, in Detroit, Michigan, United States.
How tall is Vanessa?
Armstrong stands at an average height and has moderate weight.
Is Vanessa Bell Armstrong married?
Details about Armstrong’s husband is not available. It not publicly known whether she is married, or dating.
How much is Bell worth?
Armstrong has an estimated net worth of $1 million – $5 million as of 2020.
How much does Vanessa Bell Armstrong make?
Armstrong has an estimated net worth of $1 million – $5 million.
Where does Vanessa Bell Armstrong live?
Because of security reasons, Armstrong has not shared his precise location of residence. We will immediately update this information if we get the location and images of her house.
Is Armstrong dead or alive?
Armstrong is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Armstrong Now?
Armstrong is an American gospel singer who released her debut album Peace Be Still in the year 1983.
Vanessa Bell Armstrong Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Cameron Armstrong
- Tim Armstrong
- Michael Armstrong
- Chance Armstrong King
- Vanessa Martin
- Christina Bell
- Anita Wilson
- Deitrick Haddon
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.