William Kabogo Gitau Biography and Profile
Table of Contents
- 1 William Kabogo Gitau Biography and Profile
- 2 William Kabogo Political & Personal Achievements
- 3 William Kabogo Education
- 4 Political Position
- 5 Job History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Driver
- 8 William Kabogo Helicopter
- 9 William Kabogo Family
- 10 William Kabogo Contacts
- 11 William Kabogo News
- 12 William Kabogo to defend his seat as an independent candidate
- 13 William Kabogo Interview
- 14 Kabogo Forced to Climb Mortuary Gate Before De Matthew’s Funeral
- 15 More About Kenya
- 16 Popular Posts
William Kabogo Gitau was born on 4th April 1961. He is a Kenyan politician and the former governor of Kiambu county. He is a member of The National Alliance. He was highly rated among the Members of the 10th Parliament for being one of the most inquisitive and one who sought ministerial statements at the behest of his constituents.
William Kabogo sat for his Primary School Certificate in St. George’s and later joined Thika Technical High School for his secondary and tertiary education, where he obtained a Diploma in Electronics. He later proceeded to Panjab University, India for a Bachelor of Commerce; which he completed in 1982.
Following his return to Kenya, William Kabogo got employed as an auditor at the Auditor General’s office in the early ’80s. Working as an accountant for an international NGO, of which he later became its chief executive; a feat credited to his hard work. He decided to relocate to Mombasa to venture in diverse business endeavors, by and large investing in the transport, real estate, and clearing and forwarding businesses.
In 2002, William Kabogo joined politics as a young man and won the Juja parliamentary seat. Since, he has been known to have initiated numerous development projects, including the provision of tapped water, installation of electricity, and road construction works as well as, proper management of the bursary fund, construction of health centers and schools. In 2007, he defended his position for the Juja Parliamentary seat, which he controversially lost to George Thuo in a disputed election. In April 2010, he won a rigorous court battle brought about by his filing a petition to the High Court against George Thuo and that led to the annulment of the latter’s election results.
William Kabogo Political & Personal Achievements
William Kabogo got re-elected to Parliament after a by-election held on 21st September 2010. To date, William Kabogo is highly rated among the Members of the 10th Parliament for being one of the most inquisitive and one who sought ministerial statements at the behest of his constituents.
One of his most notable contributions was his agitation for repatriation of his constituents who had been subjected to slavery in Saudi Arabia and underwent torture in the hands of their masters. Another one was the repatriation of orphaned children. Their mother had died and they had been left abandoned in the streets of Maputo, Mozambique. Still not having depleted the pot of his practical munificence, he has aided in educating over 100 children via personal funds into secondary schools and universities.
The management of the Juja Constituency Development Fund was recently ranked 5th in the country. This being aptly utilized has led to:
- the emergence of new health centers,
- construction of new classrooms,
- drilling of multiple boreholes that serve the locals,
- supply of electricity through the ‘Umeme Pamoja Schemes’,
- construction of modern Administration Police houses,
- Boda Boda and Jua kali shades,
- construction of county drainage systems,
- establishment of fish ponds and
- ensuring every civic ward has a new primary and secondary school fitted with modern sanitation facilities.
H.E. William Kabogo is the Governor of Kiambu County and his five-year county agenda will be to tackle the county’s main problems of insecurity, youth unemployment, drug abuse, and alcoholism. Issues that are all associated with education, health, and urban planning.
William Kabogo Education
Undergraduate Student of Punjab University, India (Bachelor of Commerce)
- 1975 – 1978: Secondary School Student of Thika Technical School(Kenya Certificate of Education)
- 1966 – 1974: Primary School Student of St. Georges Ruiru (Certificate of Primary Education)
- 10th March 2013 – 8th August 2017 Governor for Kiambu county
- 13th February 2013 – Up to date: Coalition Member of Jubilee Alliance
- 14th January 2013 – Up to date: Member of The National Alliance (TNA)
Previous Political Positions
- 28th September 2010 – 4th March 2013: Member of Parliament for Juja
- 2010 – 14th January 2013: Member of NARC – Kenya
- 2003 – 2007: Member of Parliament for Juja
- 1983: Auditor of Controller General
- 1984 – 1988: Managing Director of Tototo Home Industries
Details on Kabogo’s wealth will be updated soon…
Details on the Kabogo driver will be updated soon…
William Kabogo Helicopter
William Kabogo Family
William Kabogo Wife
William Kabogo is married to Philomena Kabogo
William Kabogo Children
William Kabogo and his wife Philomena Kabogo are blessed with two known children, Andrew Kabogo and Alvin Kabogo.
William Kabogo Contacts
Address: P.O. Box 67793, Nairobi,
P.O Box 41842 – 00100
Tel: 020 245342
William Kabogo News
William Kabogo to defend his seat as an independent candidate
Kiambu governor William Kabogo on Sunday announced that he will defend his seat as an independent candidate.
The governor said he will seek re-election due to ” pressure to run for re-election as an independent candidate.”
William Kabogo lost the Kiambu gubernatorial Jubilee Party nominations to Kabete MP Ferdinand Waititu.
Speaking at a media briefing in Oak Place Hotel, Garden Estate, Governor Kabogo dismissed the Jubilee Party nominations in Kiambu county as shambolic.
Mr Kabogo claimed his rival Mr Waititu had been sighted meeting with Jubilee returning officers at a secluded location on the eve of the nominations, and a car was later found stuffed with ballot papers for the governorship race.
William Kabogo – False Propaganda
“There were people who wanted to stop our campaign because of our transformation of our county by spreading false propaganda.”
William Kabogo added that his team has evidence that the nominations were flawed and characterized by “obvious” irregularities”.
The governor thanked his supporters for trusting him to bring change in Kiambu county.
“Thank you for trusting me to govern you for the last four years because the transformation we have done in this great county I couldn’t have done it without your support,” he said.
He alleged that he had submitted a memorandum to the Jubilee Party listing irregularities observed during the nominations, but which was never acted on.
William Kabogo – Done My Best
“It has been a long journey in Jubilee and I have done my best. But since it seems like there are huge powers that need to keep me away, I am saying that for now, I am doing what it is that that memorandum said: I don’t agree with these nominations,” he told journalists.
William Kabogo Interview
Kabogo Forced to Climb Mortuary Gate Before De Matthew’s Funeral
Former Kiambu Governor, William Kabogo, on Saturday morning, climbed the Kenyatta University Mortuary gate, in a bid to try and calm down the late Kikuyu musician John De Mathew’s fans.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, Kabogo is seen on top of the mortuary gate, trying to assure De Matthew’s fans that they will all be allowed to pay their last respects.
“It seems Kabogo has become a policeman,” a man’s voice is heard saying as he starts laughing.
It is said that it took almost 30 minutes for the former governor to calm the people down.
The musicians’ fans are reported to have been arrived at the mortuary as early as 6am.
After two hours, the body of the late musician was moved from the mortuary to Githambia Primary School in Murang’a for the funeral service.
Among leaders present for the funeral ceremony are; Murang’a Women Rep, Sabina Chege, CSs Joe Mucheru (ICT), Mwangi Kiunjuri (Agriculture), James Macharia (Transport), former Jubilee Vice Chairman David Murathe, and former Gatanga MP Peter Kenneth.
The popular benga musician died in a road crash along the Thika Superhighway.
He was headed home after attending a fundraiser for fellow musician, Peter Kagia’s ailing child. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Thika Nursing Home.
More About Kenya
Here is more information about Kenya …
- About Kenya
- Tourism in Kenya
- Nairobi Kenya
- Towns in Kenya
- Health in Kenya
- Hotels in Kenya
- Kenya Safari Guide
- Farming in Kenya
- Government of Kenya
- Counties in Kenya
- Constituencies in Kenya
- Secondary Schools in Kenya
- Colleges in Kenya
- Universities in Kenya
- Kenya Business Directory
Welcome to Kenya. Welcome to Opportunity.
- Evan Joseph Asher Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Parents, Autism and Net Worth
- Lee Carter Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Political Career, Net Worth and Champaign
- Diane Lane Movies: Bio, Age, Height, Husband, The Outsiders, Unfaithful, Kevin Costner and Net Worth
- Lil Durk Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Family, Brother, India Royale, Girlfriend, Rumors and Net Worth
- Henry Cavill Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Family, Girlfriend, Man of Steel, COVID-19, Wolverine, Movies and Net Worth.
- Kendall Toole Bio, Age, Wiki, Height, Husband, Parents and Net Worth