Yewande Adekoya Biography
Yewande Adekoya is a Nigerian actress, filmmaker, director, and producer. She began acting in 2002 with Alphabash Music And Theatre Group. She scripted and produced her first content in 2006 titled “Life Secret”.Adekoya has produced, directed and starred in various Nigerian Films such as Omo Elomosho, a 2002 Film featuring Bimbo Oshin, Muyiwa Ademola and Yomi Fash-Lanso.
Yewande Adekoya Age
The stunning actress was born on 20th January 1984 in Lagos, Nigeria.
Yewande Adekoya Height
Information concerning her height is still under research and will soon be updated immediately after we come across it.
She was born in Lagos State but hails from Ososa-Ijebu in Ogun State southwestern Nigeria. She attended Bright star nursery and primary school, before proceeding for her secondary education at Bright Star Comprehensive High School. She obtained a Bachelor of Arts (B.A) degree in Mass communications from Babcock University.
Yewande Adekoya Acting
Yewande Adekoya began acting in 2002 with Alphabash Music And Theatre Group. She scripted and produced her first content in 2006 titled “Life Secret”. She has produced, directed and featured in several Nigerian films such as Omo Elemosho, a 2012 film that featured Bimbo Oshin, Muyiwa Ademola and Yomi Fash-Lanso. The film also received 5 nominations at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards. She also got nominated for the “best new actress” in the Yoruba category at the 2014 City People Entertainment Awards. In the same year, her role in Kudi Klepto got her best actress in a leading role nomination in 2014 Best of Nollywood Awards. In December 2014, she won the “most promising act” award at Yoruba Movie Academy Awards. Her film Kurukuru earned her the best actress award at the 2016 ACIA ceremony. In 2017, her film, Iyawo Adedigba, got the award for “the best movie of the year” at the 2017 City People Movie Awards.
Yewande Adekoya Married|Husband
Yewande Adekoya got married to her husband, who is also a movie producer in 2013. The couple has three children, and recently celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary. Coping with marriage, motherhood and her career has not been a walk in the park, but she’s done a great job balancing her life.
Yewande Adekoya Movies
- Life Secrets 1 (2006)
- Life Secrets 2 (2007)
- Igbo Dudu (2009)
- Omo Elemosho (2012)
- Kudi Klepto (2013)
- Emere (2014)
- Kurukuru (2015)
- The Sacrifice (2016)
- Tamara (2016)
- Ayanmo (2016)
- Ota Ile (2016)
- Once Upon a Time (2016)
- Iyawo Adedigba (2017)
- Fadaka (2018)
- Belladonna (2018)
- Odun Ibole (2018)
- Ewatomi (2018)
Yewande Adekoya Awards
- 2014 Best New Actress – City People Entertainment Awards
- 2014 Most Promising Actress 2014 – Yoruba Movie Academy Awards
- 2014 Most Promising Act – Yoruba Heritage Awards, United States
- 2016 Best Actress in a leading role 2016 – ACIA
Yewande Adekoya Fraud Allegations
Yoruba Actress Yewande Adekoya Was Arrested In Atlanta Because Yahoo Boys (Internet Fraudsters )Posing As Promoters Used Her Bank Accounts For Fraud – Insider Speaks
More details have emerged on the arrest and detention of very popular Yoruba actress and filmmaker Yewande Adekoya in the United States of America.
The talented actress and mother of three who arrived the US for Oodua movie awards in October did not return home like her other colleagues because she planned to release a hit movie that will hit the cinema in April sadly, her plan didn’t come true as the money she planned to use for the movie has been seized after her arrest.
According to a Nollywood insider, NG spoke and said that the actress who is popular for trusting people blindly was innocent but selfish.
The source said she was told Yewande was talked into the transaction by some Yahoo Big boys in Atlanta who have been looking for actresses to prey on sadly, she fell into the trap because she was promised a huge amount of compensation.
The Big Boys popular known as promoters allegedly promised to promote the actress if the deal goes through but sadly it backfired after her bank reported some huge amount of money, 10 transactions totaling over 3 million USD to police.
She was immediately picked up and after claiming her innocence, police put her under house arrest to be able to cater to her young children.
The source added that the boys didn’t tell Yewande they planned to use her account for such suspicious transactions.
Her international passport has been seized because Atlanta police command is still investigating the alleged fraud.
Interesting Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Yewande Adekoya
- Yewande was born on January 20, 1983, to Engr. and Mrs. E. A Adekoya. and hails from Ogun State.
- She had her primary and secondary education at Bright Star Nursery and Primary school and Bright Star Comprehensive High School.
- She has a B.sc in Mass Communication from Babcock University.
- She began her acting career in 2002 in a music and theatre group, Alphabash before moving on to film in the late 2000s.
- The first movie Yewande produced was an English content movie titled Life Secret in 2006 and she produced a Yoruba film, Igbo Dudu in 2009.
- The movie Yewande produced in 2012, Omo Elemosho starring Bimbo Oshin received 5 nominations at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards.
- She has been nominated several times but in July 2014 and December 2014, she bagged the Best New Actress award and Most promising actress award “City People Entertainment Awards” and “Yoruba Movie Academy Awards” respectively.
- Yewande has also won Most Promising Actress 2014, YMAA and Most Promising Act 2014, Yoruba Heritage Awards U.S.A.
- She married her actor/producer boyfriend Ishola Abiodun on February 14, 2012, and has children with him.
Yewande Adekoya Twitter
Yewande Adekoya Instagram
View this post on Instagram
GOD IS GOOD 🙏 . . . #yewandeadekoyaabiodun #Virginmrs #omoelemosho #nollywood #kudiklepto #Virgintojin #virgintosexy #yewandeadekoyaabiodunlovers #iloveyewandeadekoyaabiodun #nigerianactress #nigerianmovies #brandambassadors #naijaceleb #brandinfluencer #yorubamovies #nollywoodactor #nollywoodactress #loversofvirginmrs #prayers #prayer
Yewande Adekoya Net Worth
She has not disclosed any information about her salary and net worth. Once she does, we’ll update this section.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.