- 1 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Biography
- 2 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Age
- 3 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Height
- 4 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Education
- 5 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Family
- 6 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Husband
- 7 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Net Worth
- 8 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Measurements and Facts
- 9 Yvonne Chaka Chaka House and Cars
- 10 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Career in music
- 11 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Teaching Career
- 12 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Albums
- 13 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Songs
- 14 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Ambassador
- 15 Yvonne Chaka Chaka Foundation
- 16 Frequently Asked Questions About Yvonne Chaka Chaka
- 17 Who is Chaka Chaka?
- 18 How old is Chaka Chaka?
- 19 How tall is Chaka Chaka?
- 20 Is Chaka Chaka married?
- 21 How much is Chaka Chaka worth?
- 22 Where does Chaka Chaka live?
- 23 Is Chaka Chaka dead or alive?
- 24 Where is Chaka Chaka Now?
- 25 Chaka Chaka Social Media Contacts
- 26 Related Biographies.
- 27 Reference:
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Biography
Yvonne Chaka Chaka is a South African singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, humanitarian, and teacher who was born in Dobsonville, South Africa. In 2001 and 2006 she became the face of First National Bank (FNB). She worked as an Honorary Colonel in the South African Air Force.
In 2015, she signed an open letter which the ONE Campaign had been collecting signatures for; the letter was addressed to Angela Merkel and Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, urging them to focus on women as they serve as the head of the G7 in Germany and the AU in South Africa respectively, which will start to set the priorities in development funding before the main UN summit in September 2015 that will establish new development goals for the generation.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Age
Chaka Chaka is 56 years old as of 2021, he was born on 18 March 1965 in Dobsonville, Soweto, South Africa. She celebrates her birthday on 18 March every year, and her birth sign is Pisces.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Height
Chaka Chaka stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Education
Yvonne has a degree and diploma from the University of South Africa, one in adult education, another in local government, management, and administration. She also studied speech and drama at Trinity College, London, she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 1997.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Family
Chaka Chaka was born in Dobsonville in Soweto to her parents Habakkuk Machaka(father) and Sophie Machaka(mother). She had a rough childhood while growing up since her father died when she was 11.
Her mother, a domestic worker, had to raise her and her siblings single-handedly on her meager 40 Rand a month salary. She started singing at 19 in 1984 when Phil Hollis of Dephon Records discovered her in Johannesburg.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Husband
Yvonne is married to his husband Mandlalele Mhinga, a medical doctor, since 1989. Together, the couple has four sons, who are all grown now. His sons are Ningi Mhinga, Themba Mhinga, Mandla Mhinga, and Mfuma Mhinga.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Net Worth
Chaka Chaka has an estimated net worth of between $1 Million – $5 Million as of 2021. This includes her assets, money, and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, humanitarian, and teacher. Through her various sources of income, Chaka Chaka has been able to accumulate good fortune, but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Yvonne Chaka Chaka.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Wiki
- Full Names: Yvonne Chaka Chaka
- Popular As: Singer
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, humanitarian, and teacher
- Nationality: South African
- Race / Ethnicity: African
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 56 years old as of 2020
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Date of Birth: 18 March 1965
- Place of Birth: Dobsonville, Soweto, South Africa.
- Birthday: 18 March
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 4 inches
- Weight: Moderate
- Eye Color: Not Available
- Hair Color: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: Not Available
- Waist Size: Not Available
- Hip Size: Not Available
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Habakkuk Machaka
- Mother: Sophie Machaka
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Doreen Machaka and Refiloe Machaka
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Mandlalele Mhinga
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Ningi Mhinga, Themba Mhinga, Mandla Mhinga, and Mfuma Mhinga) Daughter(s) (Notknown)
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: Between $1 Million – $5 Million as of 2021
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, humanitarian, and teacher
Yvonne Chaka Chaka House and Cars
- Place of living: SA
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Career in music
Chaka Chaka was discovered by Phil Hollis of Dephon Records in 1984 when she was just 19 years. She was dubbed the Princess of Africa. Yvonne experienced a meteoric rise as a music star of infectious pop melodies and dance music during the height of apartheid. Her début album was called “I’m in Love With a DJ’. Songs like “I’m Burning Up”, “I Cry for Freedom”, “Sangoma”, “Motherland” and the ever-popular, “Umqombothi” immediately ensured Chaka Chaka’s status as a star on South Africa’s mbaqanga music scene.
She said in an interview that she admires her mother, who inspired her to make music. Both her parents were musicians, and she was happy to fulfill the dream his father was not able to accomplish. She has been singing at her church choir and people would be amazed at how amazing her talent and passion for singing was.
Chaka Chaka has her own music label and her own production company, as well as owning a limousine company together with her husband, Dr. Mandlalele (Tiny) Mhinga.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Teaching Career
She teaches literacy part-time at the University of South Africa she has promoted the rights of women and works to protect children everywhere, and she is a Trustee of Tomorrow Trust, which educates orphans and vulnerable children.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Albums
- I’m Burning Up (1986)
- Sangoma (1987)
- Thank You, Mr. DJ (1987)
- I Cry For Freedom (1988)
- The Power of Afrika (1996)
- Back On My Feet (1997)
- Bombani (Tiko Rahina) (1997)
- Princess Of Africa: The Best of Chaka Chaka (1999)
- Yvonne and Friends (2000)
- Yvonne and Friends (2001)
- Kwenzenjani (2002)
- Princess of Africa, Vol. 2 (2002)
- Celebrate Life (2006)
- The Princess of Africa: The Best of Chaka Chaka (1995)
- The Princess of Africa: The Best of Chaka Chaka Vol. 2 (2002)
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Songs
- Thank You Mr. D.J
- Let Me Be Free
- From Me To You
- Let Him Go
- I’m Burning Up
- I Cry For Freedom
- Kana Uchema
- I’m In Love With A DJ
- Who’s Got The Power
- I’m Winning My Dear Love
- Caught Breaking The Law
- Be Proud To Be African
- I’m Suffering
- Every Woman Needs A Man
- Private Lover
- power of Afrika
- Take My Love It’s Free
- Come A Little Bit Closer
- Will Africa Change
- We Are Growing
- Baby, I Want You Right Now
- You’re Not Woman Enough To
- Mina Ngeke Ngilunge
- Man Of The World
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Ambassador
- She is a champion for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria, the United Nations MDG Envoy for Africa.
- She is the Goodwill Ambassador for the Roll Back Malaria Partnership.
- She was the first ambassador for Nelson Mandela’s 46664 Campaign, which raises global awareness of HIV/AIDS.
- She has also been ambassador to the University of South Africa (UNISA), City of Johannesburg Tourism, and South Africa’s Mpumalanga Province Tourism.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Foundation
Chaka Chaka has a foundation known as The Princess of Africa Foundation, which is a partner of the Action global health advocacy partnership.
Frequently Asked Questions About Yvonne Chaka Chaka
Who is Chaka Chaka?
Chaka Chaka is a singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, humanitarian, and teacher who was born in Dobsonville, South Africa. In 2001 and 2006 she became the face of First National Bank (FNB). She worked as an Honorary Colonel in the South African Air Force.
How old is Chaka Chaka?
Chaka Chaka is a South African national born on 18 March 1965 in Dobsonville, Soweto, South Africa.
How tall is Chaka Chaka?
Chaka Chaka stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches.
Is Chaka Chaka married?
Yes, Chaka Chaka is married to Mandlalele Mhinga. His sons are Ningi Mhinga, Themba Mhinga, Mandla Mhinga, and Mfuma Mhinga.
How much is Chaka Chaka worth?
Chaka Chaka has between $1 Million – $5 Million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the musician industry.
Where does Chaka Chaka live?
Chaka Chaka is a resident of Northern suburbs of Jozi, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Is Chaka Chaka dead or alive?
Chaka Chaka is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Chaka Chaka Now?
Chaka Chaka is a famous singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, humanitarian, and teacher.
Chaka Chaka Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.