Akothee Biography/ Wiki
Table of Contents
- 1 Akothee Biography/ Wiki
- 2 Akothee Early Life
- 3 Akothee Education
- 4 Akothee Career
- 5 Akothee Age and Birthday
- 6 Akothee Parents
- 7 Akothee Marriage | Husband
- 8 Akothee Kids
- 9 Akothee Measurements and Facts
- 10 Akothee Net Worth
- 11 Akothee Houses
- 12 Akothee Collapses On Stage During Luo Night Festival
- 13 Akothee Songs
- 14 Akothee awards and Nominations
- 15 Akothee Taxi Business
- 16 Akothee Safaris and Other Business
- 17 Akothee Lifestyle
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions About Akothee
- 19 Who is Akothee?
- 20 How old is Akothee?
- 21 How tall is she?
- 22 Is she married?
- 23 How much is Akothee worth?
- 24 How much does Akothee make?
- 25 What happened to Akothee?
- 26 Where does Akothee live?
- 27 Is Akothee dead or alive?
- 28 Where is Akothee now?
- 29 Akothee Twitter
- 30 Akothee Instagram
- 31 Akothee Interview
- 32 More about Kenya
- 33 Popular Posts
Esther Akoth famously known as Akothee is a Kenyan singer and business-woman, Akothee is known for her wonderful afro-beat songs which are usually accompanied by sultry dance moves, Akothee built herself a name internationally by doing collabo’s with acts such as Diamond and Flavour.
Akothee Early Life
Akothe was born Esther Akoth on 8th April 1980 in Kisumu County as the first daughter of her parents. She grew up in Migori.
She attended Nyabisawa Girls secondary school but dropped out one year later in form two before completing her high school. Akothee went back to high school and, n 2004, at 21 years of age, completed her high school education at Gachie Mixed Secondary, finishing with a mean grade of C+. According to her result-slip, which she posted on social media, She sored A in History and Government, D- in Mathematics.
She has released several successful songs. Her career in music began in 2008 and she has since released numerous singles as well as collaborations with popular artists, including Diamond Platnumz. She has also won several awards at home and abroad. They included African Muzik Magazine Awards, AFRIMA-Best Female Artist (East Africa) 2016.
Akothee Age and Birthday
Akothee is 40 years old as of 2020, she was born on April 8, 1978, in Migori, Kenya. She celebrates her birthday on April 8th every year. Akothee will be 41 years old on Apr. 8th 2021.
The self-made millionaire originates from an esteemed family with her father Joshua Owino Kokeyo, having served as a former District Officer. Her mother, Hon Monica Yunita Kokeyo was the seating Migori MCA.
Akothee Marriage | Husband
She entered her first marriage at 14 years. She had her first three kids at the age of 15, 16, and 17 years respectively, while living with her mother-in-law and her husband was still studying. Akothee moved to Nairobi to be with her husband after school.
They lived in poverty and got donations of cooking sticks, cooking pots and mattresses from neighbors. Akothee’s husband left her with their three children and married another woman.
She moved to Mombasa to stay with her brother. while there she worked as a taxi driver during this time she carried a passenger from Zurich, Switzerland, who would become her boyfriend and take him with her to his home country. She conceived her fifth child with him but later they broke up with him and Akoth moved back to Kenya after nine months abroad.
As of 2019, she has 5 children: 3 daughters and 2 sons and remains a single mother. She conceived her three daughters, Vesha Shalian Okello, Celine Dion Okello, and Prudence Apundo, from her first marriage and her two sons, Oyoo and Ojwang, from two different relationships after her divorce.
Akothee Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts you don’t want to miss about Akothee.
- Full Name: Esther Akoth
- Age/ How Old?: 40 years
- Date of Birth: April 8, 1978
- Place of Birth: Migori, Kenya
- Education: Nyabisawa Girls secondary
- Birthday: April 8
- Nationality: Kenyan
- Father’s Name: Joshua Owino Kokeyo
- Mother’s Name: Monica Yunita Kokeyo
- Children/ Kids: 5
- Height/ How tall?: Average
- Weight: Average
- Profession: Musician
- Net worth:
Akothee Net Worth
She owns houses in Migori, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nairobi, and Switzerland. Her net worth is estimated to be 6.1 billion with her house in Switzerland, popularly known as Nelly Oaks, being valued at 50 million dollars. She also owns a fleet of luxury cars, including a German AMG SL 63 convertible Roadstar, Prado, Toyota V8, and a Range Rover Vogue. She is known to spend time shopping in France, Italy, Dubai, and Switzerland and throws high-end private parties for her children and friends.
Akothee’s net worth is estimated at Kes1 billion from her assets in Kenya alone.
- The Akothee house in Mombasa has sixteen bedrooms and all the required facilities. This was revealed by Kenyan comedian Jalango, aka, Jalas, who visited the home. Jalango reported that when he was at the house, he used twelve white towels and fifteen bedcovers. Moreover, he was attended to by a personal masseuse and a private chef. He apparently slept on a 12×10 bed. Her house in Mombasa is worth approximately 120 million Kenyan shillings.
- Akothee owns another home in Rongo, Migori County, which is worth approximately 100 million Kenyan shillings.
- Esther Akothee house in Nairobi is worth 80 million Kenyan shillings.
- Akothee also owns a luxury apartment complex on North Coast.
- Apart from her luxury homes, She also owns a four bedroomed pad in Zurich, Switzerland worth about 50 million dollars. This amounts to about 83% of her net worth.
Akothee Collapses On Stage During Luo Night Festival
Singer Akothee on 1st December collapsed while performing during the famous Luo Festival, in a suspected case of fatigue. This comes barely a week after she was hospitalised in a case wheer doctors diagnosed her with fatigue. She collapsed at around 1am, bringig her performance to a halt.
Esther Akoth has dubbed herself ‘The Queen of Kanungo’, Kanungo refers to a series of beats and body-bending dance moves indigenous to the Luo community in Kenya. Most of her songs, which are done in Kiswahili, English and Luo, are associated with the afro-beat feel and this is just but one of the reasons why most people fell in love with her songs. These songs are;
- Oyoyo featuring McGalaxy
- Give It To Me featuring Flavour
- Sweet Love featuring Diamond
- Yuko Moyoni
- New Dance featuring Oc Osilliation
- Djele Djele
- Shengerera Mama
Akothee awards and Nominations
In her musical career, she has managed to scoop the following awards:
- African Muzik Magazine Awards, AFRIMMA – Best Female Artist(East Africa) 2016.
- African Muzik Magazine Awards, AFRIMMA – Best video.
- African Entertainment Awards USA – Best Female Artist.
she has been nominated for the 2018 AFRIMMA Best Female Artist (East Africa) Award. she competed against fellow Kenyan Victoria Kimani, Tanzania’s Vanessa Mdee and Nandy, Uganda’s Leyla Kayondo, Rema, Sheebah Karungi, Juliana Kanyomozi, and Rwanda’s Knowles Butera and Charly & Nina. We shall have to wait till October 7th this year to know if she wins the award. Meanwhile, her fans can continue voting for her.
Akothee Taxi Business
With the small amount she had saved up she enrolled to a driving school and became a matatu driver. She then, moved to Mombasa where she became a taxi driver.
While a taxi driver she met a Swedish man who invited her back to his home country. Unfortunately, as fate would have it, things didn’t work out as hoped and the man kicked her out while she was 9 months pregnant and she had to return to Kenya. However, this time she had some money on her, enough to invest well in her taxi business.
While still going about her business, she got introduced to a French man who was then the French ambassador to Djibouti. This was the turning point of her life as she had hit the jackpot. The man was quite wealthy and showered her with lavish gifts and large amounts of money. The man once gifted her with a brand new Prado on her birthday and gave her KSH 80 million to build a house for her growing family. The French man is the father of her last born, however, they are now separated.
Akothee Safaris and Other Business
During her searching days and by her hard work together with God’s grace she now owns over 15 vehicles comprising of two 27-seater buses, mini-buses and 5 tour land cruiser vans.
She got involved in a lot of business pursuits that enabled her to set up business interests as evidenced in Akothee safaris a flourishing Tours and Travel Company, Morning Star Diani, an establishment that seeks to provide 5-star accommodations at 3-star rates and Akothe & Properties a real estate venture.
She is more popular for her lavish lifestyle almost as much as she is for her music. She shops in the most fashionable stores in Europe, drive flashy cars and her kids get the best or rather most expensive education. She has homes in Mombasa, Nairobi, and Kisumu That is besides a luxury apartment complex in the North Coast and a four-bedroomed pad in Zurich, Switzerland.
Frequently Asked Questions About Akothee
Who is Akothee?
Esther Akoth famously known as Akothee is a Kenyan singer and business-woman, Akothee is known for her wonderful afro-beat songs which are usually accompanied by sultry dance moves
How old is Akothee?
Akothee is 40 years old as of 2020, she was born on April 8, 1978, in Migori, Kenya.
How tall is she?
She is of average height with a slim fit body.
Is she married?
Akothee is a single mother.
How much is Akothee worth?
Akothee’s net worth is estimated at Kes1 billion from her assets in Kenya alone.
How much does Akothee make?
Akothee makes upwards of Kes 150,000 per show.
What happened to Akothee?
She is still very active in her music when not raising her kids.
Where does Akothee live?
The Kenyan musician lives in Mombasa, but she has houses in Nairobi and Kisumu.
Is Akothee dead or alive?
She is still alive and in good health, there were reports that she collapsed a couple of times but this due to not getting enough rest and she is now perfectly healthy,
Where is Akothee now?
Akothee is still pursuing her career as a singer.
More about Kenya
Here is more information about Kenya …
- About Kenya
- Tourism in Kenya
- Nairobi Kenya
- Towns in Kenya
- Health in Kenya
- Hotels in Kenya
- Kenya Safari Guide
- Farming in Kenya
- Government of Kenya
- Counties in Kenya
- Constituencies in Kenya
- Secondary Schools in Kenya
- Colleges in Kenya
- Universities in Kenya
- Kenya Business Directory
Welcome to Kenya. Welcome to Opportunity.
- Joe Manganiello Biography, Age, Wife, Magic Mike, Deathstroke, Movies and Net Worth
- Apolo Ohno Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Net Worth, Family, Athlete, Girlfriend
- Molly Quinn (Actress) Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Husband, Castle, Net Worth
- Diane Lane Movies: Bio, Age, Height, Husband, The Outsiders, Unfaithful, Kevin Costner and Net Worth
- Lee Carter Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Political Career, Net Worth and Champaign
- Annet Mahendru Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, Wife, Actress, Salary, and Net worth