Jalang’o whose real name is Felix Odiwour was born and raised in Kisumu. He is a Kenyan director, an actor, a comedian, and a radio show host. He is known for his green suit and a leopard print shirt. He is also the CEO of Arena media, an event organizing company.
Jalang’o Early Life
Jalang’o was born and raised in Homabay town; he was born in a family with a very humble background, both parents where native farmers who could toil to provide for their children, they basically lived a pathetic life, even the basic were not basic to them. They could afford food today and miss the same tomorrow.
Jalango attended his primary school in Homabay Lake primary school, waking up at dusk walking all the way to school for eight good years bear footed in the morning dew and when the sun was overhead scorching, he walked on the heated ground barefooted, pupils would always break for lunch when the time comes, Jalango would at times go back home for lunch only to find nothing to eat, he would opt to drink water and get back to school, with all these adversaries Jalango remained focused in his studies never to give up at any given point of his life.
Jalango got a calling letter to join Maseno National school in Kisumu county, but there was a problem at home, despite his exemplary performance in the O level exams, his father could not afford to pay his secondary school fees, worse still, it was a national school whose fees and entry requirements were slightly demanding than the local schools around. The dad then had to call a few of his friends and relatives and organized for fundraising to finance his high school studies.
He fell in love with acting and would often visit the Kenya National Theatre to try out various roles. It is here that his talent was discovered and together with his friend Kazungu Matano were handed roles on Citizen TV’s Papa Shirandula.
His comic side seemed to open doors for him as he was later involved in various TV ads. With no college or university degree, Jalang’o has become one of the highest-paid MC /Event organizers in Kenya and is currently the C.E.O of Arena Media. He also hosts the show Jalango with the money on KTN.
Jalango is 33 years of age, He celebrates his birthday on 27 April.
Jalang’o was raised by his parents, He came from a humble background. Jalango’s dad died and he is only left with his mother.
Jalang’o Girlfriend | Wife | Wedding
In 2019 Jalango hosted a family and friends event to celebrate his traditional wedding to his new wife, the comedian confirmed he is in a relationship with Amina Chao
- Height: Not available
- Weight: Not available
- Shoe Size: Not available
- Body Shape: Average
- Hair Colour: Black
Our sources say that currently, the comedian charges at least Ksh 250,000 when he appears as an MC at your event. He is invited to at least 4 events in a month.
Jalang’o Net worth
Jalango has earned himself a good amount through out his career, His total estimated networth is $1 million dollars.
Jalang’o And Mwakideu
Jalang’o co-host a breakfast show with Alex Mwakideu known as Alex Na Jalas on Milele Fm, This came after he left his previous job at Hot 96 which is owned by Royal Media Services after being with them for about a year, He used to host a talk show alongside Jeff Koinange.
Jalang’o was born Felix kodhe decades ago. Going to bed at night hungry was the order of the day during his childhood. He moved from one slum to another in such a place of residence. Jalang’o did all sorts of jobs so as to make ends meet including hard manual jobs like mjengo (construction).
Felix had a relatively decent level of education in his life that saw him finish his high school education. At the moment he is pursuing a higher level of education majoring in marketing at Daystar University.
Frequently Asked Questions About Jalang’o
Who is Jalang’o?
He is a Kenyan director, actor, comedian, MC and a radio host.
How old is Jalas?
Jalango is 33 years of age, He celebrates his birthday in April.
How tall is Jalas?
He is of average height.
Is Jalas Married?
The comedian confirmed he is in a relationship with Amina Chao.
How much is Jalas Worth?
His Net worth is estimated at Kes 100 million.
How much does Jalas make?
Jalas makes anywhere from 50,000 to a couple of million for appearances and MC jobs.
Where does Jalas Live?
Jalas lives in Nairobi, Kenya
Is Jalas dead or alive?
He is alive and well.
Where is Jalas now?
Jalas hosts a break fast show on Milele FM.
10 Things You Did Not Know About Jalang’o
Some of the things you need to know about Jalango includes:
- He has *shared a flight with President Uhuru*. This was during the launch of KQ dream-liner, both Jalang’o and President Uhuru boarded the Triple 7-200 flight from Nairobi to London. They shared light moments even though both of them were headed for different missions.
- He is *a single father*, even though dating. During an interview with The Standard on 19th September 2014, he revealed that he has a family of three brothers, two sisters, a mother and a daughter called Salika.
- He *donated one million cash money* to his village church. This was presented in bunches of different notes. of sh.50, sh.100, sh. 200, sh. 500 and sh. 1000.
- Veteran comedian of Vioja Mahakamani,* Ondiek Nyuka Quarter is his role model*. He claims that he has been inspired by Ondiek from the time he was a young boy. He loved Vioja Mahakamani since his childhood.
- He struggled in Nairobi slums* before rising to fame. He sold water and did all manners of work including ‘mjengo’ so as to make ends meet.
- He started by doing Luo comedy at Kenya Cinema*. From such performances, he created contact with other established comedians such as Nyambane. He used such contacts to rise. Example of Luo plays he acted includes popular ‘Kibrit Alwar E Pi’ meaning ‘matchbox has dropped on water’.
- He had been arrested of activism*. During the 2008 Jamhuri Day celebration, Jalango and other civil right activist tried to disrupt the event while protesting over a proposal by members of parliament to shield their income from taxation. Jalango was arrested and later released.
- He acted as Chief Nanga* in a Nigerian play; A Man Of The People by Chinua Achebe. that was back in 2005 when the book was a literature set book in Kenya.
- He is an entrepreneur*. He owns a marketing agency called Arena Media. His interest in marketing has seen him advance his education to a higher level by studying Marketing at Daystar University.
- He loves Range Rover sports car*. he reveals his love for Range Rover in his twitter handle, claiming he is saving to buy one.
Jalang’o Youtube Interview
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.