Andrew Ridgeley Biography
Andrew Ridgeley is an English singer, songwriter, and record producer, who was born in Windlesham, Surrey, England, and brought up in Bushey, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom. He is widely known for his work in the 1980s in the musical duo Wham!, with George Michael. Andrew has unveiled his first book ‘Wham! George Michael and Me A Memoir.’
Ridgeley met Michael at Bushey Meads School, and they formed Wham! in 1981. The duo quickly became one of the most popular pop groups in the world, with hits such as “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”, “Last Christmas”, and “Careless Whisper”.
In addition to singing, Ridgeley also played guitar and co-wrote some of Wham!’s songs. He was also responsible for the band’s image, which was heavily influenced by 1950s American culture.
Wham! disbanded in 1986, and Ridgeley pursued a solo career. He released one album, Son of Albert, in 1990, but it was not commercially successful. He has since worked as a record producer and environmental activist.
10 Quick Facts About Andrew Ridgeley
- Name: Andrew Ridgeley
- Age: 60 years old
- Birthday: January 26
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Height: 6 feet 0 inches (1.82 m)
- Nationality: English
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, and Record Producer
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $40 Million
Andrew Ridgeley Age
Ridgeley is 60 years old. He was born on January 26, 1963, in Windlesham, Surrey, England. He celebrates his birthday on January 26 every year and his birth sign is Aquarius.
Andrew Ridgeley Height
Ridgeley stands at a height of 6 feet 0 inches (1.82 m).
Andrew Ridgeley Weight
Ridgeley weighs 72 kg (158 lbs).
Early Life and Education
Andrew Ridgeley was born on January 26, 1963, in Windlesham, Surrey, England. He grew up in Bushey, Hertfordshire, and attended Bushey Meads School. His mother was a schoolteacher at Bushey Heath Primary School while his father worked for Canon.
Ridgeley met George Michael at Bushey Meads School, and they became close friends. They shared a love of music and formed several bands together before forming Wham! in 1981.
Rise To Fame
Andrew Ridgeley rose to fame in the early 1980s as a member of the pop duo Wham!, with George Michael. Wham! was one of the most popular pop groups of the decade, with hits such as “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”, “Last Christmas”, and “Careless Whisper”.
Ridgeley and Michael met at school and formed Wham! in 1981. The duo released their debut album, Fantastic, in 1983. The album was a commercial success, and it spawned several hit singles, including “Young Guns (Go for It!)” and “Wham! Rap (Enjoy What You Do?)”.
Wham!’s second album, Make It Big, was released in 1984. The album was even more successful than their debut, and it spawned several global hits, including “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”, “Careless Whisper”, and “Freedom”.
Andrew Ridgeley Family, Parents
Ridgeley was born to his parents Jennifer John and Alberto Mario Zacharia in Windlesham. His father later changed his surname to Ridgeley. His mother is Scottish and his father is of Italian and Egyptian descent.
Our efforts to find out more about Ridgeley’s family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, it is not known if he has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Andrew Ridgeley Wife, Relationships
Ridgeley was in a relationship with Keren Woodward but separated for the second time after 27 years. Ridgeley and Woodward were not married. His over a two-decade partner, Keren Woodward, is an English pop singer and songwriter. She also created a British girl group Bananarama, together with Sara Dallin and Siobhan Fahey.
Andrew lives near Wadebridge, Cornwall, England, in a restored 15th-century farm property that he shared with his girlfriend since 1990, Keren Woodward, a member of the group Bananarama.
Andrew Ridgeley and Keren Woodward
Ridgeley and Keren initially split in 2015. They soon rekindled the flames of their romance but unfortunately split for the second time in November 2017. The two first met in the late Eighties but only started dating in 1990 after Wham disbanded.
In 1994, the couple moved away from the London scene after Andrew failed to make a success of a solo career. The two lived together for more than two decades in the 15th-century Cornish farmhouse.
Andrew Ridgeley Children
Ridgeley has no kids. He had a long relationship with Keren Woodward but did not have children with her.
Andrew Ridgeley Salary
Details pertaining to Ridgeley‘s annual earnings are currently unavailable. This information is nonetheless currently under review and will be updated as soon as it has been made publicly available.
Andrew Ridgeley Net Worth
Ridgeley has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2023. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as a singer, songwriter, and record producer. Through his various sources of income, Andrew has been able to accumulate good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Andrew Ridgeley Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Ridgeley.
Andrew Ridgeley Wiki
- Full Name: Andrew John Ridgeley
- Popular As: Ridgeley
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Singer, Songwriter, and Record Producer
- Nationality: English
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Andrew Ridgeley Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 60 years old
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Date of Birth: January 26, 1963
- Place of Birth: Windlesham, Surrey, England, UK
- Birthday: January 26
Andrew Ridgeley Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet 0 inches (1.82 m)
- Weight: 72 kg (158 lbs)
- Eye Color: Black
- Hair Color: Grey
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Andrew Ridgeley Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Alberto Mario Ridgeley
- Mother: Jennifer John
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Single
- Wife/Spouse: Not Available
- Dating / Girlfriend: Dated Keren Woodward
- Children: Sons (None) Daughter(s) (None)
Andrew Ridgeley Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $40 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Singer, Songwriter, and Record Producer
Andrew Ridgeley House and Cars
- Place of living: London, England, United Kingdom
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Andrew Ridgeley Career
Michael and Ridgeley formed Wham after years of playing in different music groups, the most notable being the Executive! They then approached different record labels with homemade tape (which took 10 minutes to record in the living room of Ridgeley) and signed with Innervision Records. Following the first album, the band left Innervision and signed with CBS.
Andrew Ridgeley Wham
Wham! Wham! They were the English pop duo of George Michael and Ridgeley, which was formed in London in 1981. Wham was influenced by funk and soul music and presented themselves as disaffected youth, and released their first album Fantastic in 1983 addressing the problem of unemployment and teen anxiety about adulthood in the United Kingdom.
Their second studio album Make It Big in 1984 was a pop smash hit worldwide, charting number one in both the United Kingdom and the United States. The singles from the “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” album, “Everything She Wants” and “Careless Whisper” all overtook the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Andrew Ridgeley Wham! George Michael and Me A Memoir
Ridgeley’s memoir is titled, Wham!: George Michael and Me, a shining affirmation to his status in the pop duo Wham! Wham soul-tinged songs were some of the MTV era’s most resounding moments.
This is Ridgeley’s first book that looks back on the pop stardom musical era with George Michael. The charming writer makes a vivid painting of the pair’s first meeting. The book then reminisces about the friendship between George and Ridgeley that took them around the world. They bonded while recording and drum set that was in Michael’s bedroom. The pair attended concerts by Queen and Genesis and watched the UK chart show Top of the Pops.
Ridgeley writes with nostalgia about how the pair dealt with the first taste of fame. The pair’s first single was released before either of them turned 20. in June 1986, the duo performed their final show at Wembley Stadium when George had just turned 23 and Ridgeley hit the mark a few months after.
Andrew Ridgeley Book
The book focuses on Michael with Ridgeley telling his side of Wham’s story. It reminds readers of George’s songwriting genius which is often overlooked by pop-averse critics and taken for granted by listeners who are satisfied by the fulfilling riches of the eighties. The book is a loving tribute to a friend and an innocent pop-era.
Andrew Ridgeley Paperback Version Of Wham!: George Michael and Me is Out
Ridgeley has released the paperback version of WhamGeorgeandme. In his interview, Ridgeley leaves his fans feeling backward at his revelation of his relationship with George Michael.
Andrew Ridgeley Book Tour
accessibility Books Library allows access to top content, including thousands of titles from a favorite author, plus the ability to read or download a huge selection of books for your pc or smartphone within minutes.
Andrew Ridgeley House Wadebridge
Andrew resides near Wadebridge, Cornwall, England, in restored 15th-century farm property. He shared this property with his former partner Keren Woodward, a member of the group Bananarama.
Andrew Ridgeley Songs
- Baby Jane
- Big Machine
- Careless Whisper feat. George Michael / Wham!
- Kiss Me
- Last Christmas feat. Wham!
- Price of Love
- Don Everly / Phil Everly
- Red Dress
- Shake (Hardcore)
Andrew Ridgeley Albums
- Son of Albert (1990)
Notable Travel, Events, and Experiences
Andrew Ridgeley has had many notable travel, events, and experiences throughout his life, both during and after his time with Wham!. Here are a few examples:
- In 1983, Ridgeley and George Michael traveled to China for a series of concerts. They were the first Western pop group to perform in China, and their concerts were a major success.
- In 1985, Ridgeley and Michael performed at the Live Aid concert at Wembley Stadium. Live Aid was a global charity event to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- In 1986, Ridgeley and Michael performed their farewell concert at Wembley Stadium. The concert was attended by over 72,000 people, and it was broadcast live to over 100 countries around the world.
- In 1988, Ridgeley participated in the Paris-Dakar Rally, a grueling off-road endurance race. He finished the race in 72nd place.
- In 2006, Ridgeley traveled to the Amazon rainforest to film a documentary about deforestation. The documentary, titled Andrew Ridgeley’s Amazon Mission, was aired on the BBC.
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable and Community Involvement
Andrew Ridgeley has been involved in a number of philanthropic and charitable endeavors throughout his career. He is a passionate advocate for environmental protection and social justice, and he has used his platform to raise awareness of important issues and support various causes.
Here are a few examples of Ridgeley’s philanthropic and charitable work:
- In 1985, Ridgeley and George Michael performed at the Live Aid concert at Wembley Stadium. Live Aid was a global charity event to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- In 1988, Ridgeley participated in the Paris-Dakar Rally, a grueling off-road endurance race. He finished the race in 72nd place, and he raised over £1 million for charity along the way.
- In 2006, Ridgeley traveled to the Amazon rainforest to film a documentary about deforestation. The documentary, titled Andrew Ridgeley’s Amazon Mission, was aired on the BBC and raised awareness of the importance of protecting the rainforest.
- In 2010, Ridgeley launched the “Save the Rhino” campaign to raise awareness about the plight of rhinos and raise money to support rhino conservation efforts. The campaign has been successful in raising millions of pounds for charity and helping to raise awareness of the issue of rhino poaching.
- In 2015, Ridgeley became the patron of the “Rainforest Foundation UK”, a charity that works to protect the rainforests and the people who live in them.
Andrew Ridgeley Awards Accomplishments and Achievements
Andrew Ridgeley has won numerous awards and accolades for his work with Wham!, including:
- BRIT Award for Outstanding Contribution to British Music (1986)
- American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Duo or Group (1986)
- Ivor Novello Award for Song of the Year (1985) for “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”
- Grammy Award nomination for Best Music Video, Long Form (1986) for Wham! The Video
Ridgeley’s other accomplishments and achievements include:
- He co-wrote several of Wham!’s biggest hits, including “Wham Rap (Enjoy What He Does?)”, “Club Tropicana”, and “Careless Whisper”.
- He was responsible for Wham!’s image, which was heavily influenced by 1950s American culture.
- He has worked as a record producer, and he has produced albums for artists such as Bananarama and Pepsi & Shirlie.
- He is an environmental activist, and he has campaigned on issues such as climate change and deforestation.
Andrew Ridgeley’s legacy is one of a talented musician, songwriter, and environmental activist. He is best known for his work with the pop duo Wham!, but he has also had a successful solo career and has worked as a record producer.
Ridgeley was a key member of Wham!, and he co-wrote several of the band’s biggest hits, including “Wham Rap (Enjoy What He Does?)”, “Club Tropicana”, and “Careless Whisper”. He was also responsible for the band’s image, which was heavily influenced by 1950s American culture.
Ridgeley’s work with Wham! has had a lasting impact on popular culture. The band’s music is still enjoyed by people of all ages around the world, and their videos are still played on TV and the internet.
In addition to his work in music, Ridgeley is also a passionate environmental activist. He has campaigned on issues such as climate change and deforestation. He is also a patron of the “Rainforest Foundation UK”, a charity that works to protect the rainforests and the people who live in them.
Ridgeley is a generous and compassionate individual who is committed to making a positive difference in the world. He is a role model for others, and his legacy is one of talent, activism, and compassion.
Hobbies and Interests
- Music: Ridgeley is a passionate lover of music, and he enjoys playing guitar, singing, and songwriting. He is also a keen record collector, and he has a large collection of vinyl records.
- Travel: Ridgeley is a well-traveled individual, and he enjoys visiting new countries and cultures. He has traveled extensively throughout Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- Environmental activism: Ridgeley is a passionate environmental activist, and he is committed to making a positive impact on the world. He has campaigned on issues such as climate change and deforestation. He is also a patron of the “Rainforest Foundation UK”, a charity that works to protect the rainforests and the people who live in them.
- Sports: Ridgeley is a keen sports fan, and he enjoys playing and watching a variety of sports, including football, cricket, and tennis.
- Food and wine: Ridgeley is a foodie, and he enjoys cooking and eating delicious food. He is also a wine connoisseur, and he has a large collection of wines.
- Andrew has spoken out against racism, sexism, and other forms of discrimination. He is also a supporter of LGBTQ+ rights.
- Andrew is a passionate environmental activist, and he has campaigned on issues such as climate change and deforestation. He is also a patron of the “Rainforest Foundation UK”, a charity that works to protect the rainforests and the people who live in them.
- Andrew has said that he believes in the power of music to bring people together and make a positive difference in the world.
Andrew Ridgeley is a talented musician, songwriter, and environmental activist. He is best known for his work with the pop duo Wham!, but he has also had a successful solo career and has worked as a record producer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Andrew Ridgeley
Andrew is an accomplished singer, songwriter, and record producer, who is widely known for his work in the 1980s in the musical duo Wham!, with George Michael.
Andrew is an English national born on 26th January 1963, in Windlesham, Surrey.
Andrew stands at a height of 6 feet 0 inches (1.82 meters).
No, Andrew was in a relationship with Keren Woodward but separated for the second time after 27 years. Ridgeley and Woodward were not married.
Andrew has an approximate net worth of $40 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Details about Andrew’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Andrew is a resident of London, England, UK, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Andrew is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Andrew is and has been producing music since 1981, having his last music released on YouTube on 29th June 2023.
Andrew Ridgeley Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: