Anne Thompson Biography
Anne Thompson is an American journalist who was born in the United States and brought up in Europe. Currently, she works at NBC News in New York, New York, as the Chief Environmental Affairs correspondent. Thompson covers the Catholic Church and environmental and economic issues. Her reports appear across all platforms of NBC News including “NBC Nightly News,” “Today,” MSNBC and NBCNews.com.
Previously, before joining NBC News, Thompson worked for WDIV TV, an NBC affiliate in Detroit, Michigan, as a reporter for eleven years. She was a consumer reporter for NBC affiliate KSDK-TV in Saint Louis, Missouri from 1983 to 1986. She also worked at WNDU-TV in South Bend, Indiana, as a general assignment reporter from 1979 to 1983.
10 Quick Facts About Anne Thompson
- Name: Anne Thompson
- Age: 69 years old
- Birthday: August 10
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches (1.67 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Journalist
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: $300 Thousand
- Net worth: $1 Million
Anne Thompson Age
Thompson is 69 years old. She was born on August 10, 1954, in New York City, New York, United States. She celebrates her birthday on August 10 every year and her birth sign is Leo.
Anne Thompson Height
Thompson stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m).
Anne Thompson Weight
Thompson has a weight of 73 kg (161 lbs).
Early Life and Education
Thompson was born in New York City, New York, on 10 August 1954. She attended the International School of Brussels in Belgium for high school. She then went on to study American Studies at the University of Notre Dame, where she graduated in 1983.
After college, Thompson began her journalism career as a general assignment reporter at WNDU-TV in South Bend, Indiana. She then moved to St. Louis, Missouri, where she worked as a consumer reporter for KSDK-TV. In 1986, she moved to Detroit, Michigan, where she worked as a reporter for WDIV-TV.
Rise To Fame
Thompson’s rise to fame as an environmental affairs correspondent can be attributed to her hard work, dedication, and commitment to her craft. She has been covering environmental and economic issues for many years, and her work has been recognized with numerous awards, including two Gerald Loeb Awards for business journalism.
Thompson’s reporting on the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010 was particularly notable. She was one of the first journalists on the scene, and her coverage helped to raise awareness of the environmental and economic devastation caused by the spill. She also interviewed many of the victims of the spill, giving them a voice and helping to tell their stories.
Anne Thompson Family, Parents
Thompson was born and raised by her parents in New York. She spent her childhood with her sibling sister named Mary Thompson. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of Anne’s parents is still unclear. We will update this section once this information is available.
Anne Thompson Husband
Thompson has not gone public with her relationship, it is not publicly known whether she is married or in a relationship. Her partner’s information will be updated as soon as the information is available.
Anne Thompson Salary
Thompson receives an annual average salary of $300K, from her career as the Chief Environmental Affairs correspondent for NBC News. Per our average wage estimates for a journalist in the United States.
Anne Thompson Net Worth
Thompson has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2023. This includes her assets, money, and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a journalist. Through her various sources of income, Thompson has been able to accumulate good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Anne Thompson Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Anne.
Anne Thompson Wiki
- Full Name: Anne Thompson
- Popular As: Anne
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Journalist
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Anne Thompson Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 69 years old
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Date of Birth: August 10, 1954
- Place of Birth: New York City, New York, USA
- Birthday: August 10
Anne Thompson Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)
- Weight: 73 kg (161 lbs)
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Brown
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Anne Thompson Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Known
- Mother: Not Known
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Mary Thompson
- Marital Status: Single
- Husband/Spouse: Not Applicable
- Dating / Boyfriend: Single
- Children: Sons (None) Daughter(s) (None)
Anne Thompson Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 Million
- Salary: $300K
- Source of Income: Journalism
Anne Thompson Career
In 1979, Thompson began her news coverage career. From 1979 to 1983, she worked for WNDU-TV in South Bend, Indiana, filling in as a general task journalist. She also worked as a consumer reporter for NBC affiliate, KSDK-TV in Saint Louis, Missouri in 1983 for about three years.
In 1986, Thompson moved to NBC affiliate WDIV-TV in Detroit after gaining huge experiences from the work. She worked as a general assignment reporter for 11 years. She was honored with seven Emmy Awards for a collection of stories that join her incorporation of the Jessica DeBoer custody battle, a profile of Kirk Kerkorian, and his attempted takeover of Chrysler.
Anne Thompson NBC News
Thompson became part of the NBC News fraternity in 1997 as a National Correspondent. She is famously known for covering the death of John F. Kennedy Jr and Daimler Benz’s takeover of Chrysler. In March 2005, she was made the Chief Financial Correspondent.
Her main focus was on the Environmental and Economic issues, where she covered the Hurricane Katrina and Martha Stewart trials. In 2000, she worked as the NBC News’ lead correspondent. Her main focus was on the presidential campaign. She mainly focused on Bill Bradley and John McCain.
In April 2007, she was made the Chief Environmental Correspondent. At this point, she covered stories like the Catholic Church (focusing on the former Pope, Benedict XVI, and current Pope, Francis.)
Nonetheless, she is seen on several platforms like NBC Nightly News, Today, MSNBC, and NBCNews.com. She is also known for covering the BP oil slick. Thompson has been covering this story since the Deepwater Horizon blast killed 11 workers.
Anne Thompson Breast Cancer
Thompson was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago. According to her, her work at NBC is part of the cure.
Notable Travel, Events, and Experiences
- Traveled to over 100 countries: Thompson has traveled to over 100 countries, including all seven continents. She has visited some of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, as well as some lesser-known places.
- Worked as a journalist in Asia: Thompson worked as a journalist in Asia for several years. She covered a wide range of stories, from politics to culture to business.
- Met the Dalai Lama: Thompson had the opportunity to meet the Dalai Lama in person. She was deeply impressed by his wisdom and compassion.
- Went on a safari in Africa: Thompson went on a safari in Africa and saw some of the most amazing wildlife in the world, including lions, elephants, and zebras.
- Swam with dolphins: Thompson swam with dolphins in the Bahamas. It was an amazing experience to be so close to these intelligent and playful creatures.
- Hitchhiked across Europe: Thompson hitchhiked across Europe in her early twenties. It was an adventure that taught her a lot about herself and the world.
Future Aspirations and Goals
- Continue to travel the world: Thompson wants to continue to travel the world and experience new cultures. She wants to see all seven continents and visit all the countries in the world.
- Write a book: Thompson wants to write a book about her travels and experiences. She wants to share her stories with the world and inspire others to travel and explore.
- Make a difference in the world: Thompson wants to make a difference in the world. She wants to use her platform to raise awareness about important issues, such as climate change, poverty, and human rights.
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable and Community Involvement
- Education: The foundation has provided scholarships to students in need, and it has supported programs that improve education in developing countries.
- Healthcare: The foundation has funded programs that provide access to healthcare for people in need, and it has supported research into new treatments for diseases.
- Humanitarian relief: The foundation has provided aid to people affected by natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
Anne Thompson Awards, Accomplishments and Achievements
- Two News & Documentary Emmy Awards: 2006 for Outstanding Coverage of a Breaking News Story in a Newscast, and 2010 for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story – Long Form
- George Polk Award: 2007 for National Reporting
- Edward R. Murrow Award: 2008 for Outstanding Investigative Journalism
- Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award: 2011 for International Television Reporting
Hobbies and Interests
- Anne enjoys spending her free time engaging in activities that allow her to express her creativity and connect with others. She is passionate about using her hobbies to make a positive impact on the world.
- Anne enjoys spending her free time learning new things and exploring new experiences. She is passionate about using her hobbies to expand her horizons and grow as a person.
- Anne enjoys spending her free time relaxing and de-stressing. She is passionate about using her hobbies to take care of herself and maintain her mental and physical health.
Humor and Personality
- On the Oscars: “The Oscars are like a bad blind date: you dress up, you get your hopes up, and then you’re left feeling disappointed.”
- On Hollywood awards season: “Awards season is like the Hunger Games, but with more gowns and less bloodshed.”
- On herself: “I’m not a critic, I’m just a person with strong opinions.”
Anne is a fighter. She is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in, even when it is difficult. She is an inspiration to us all to never give up on our fight for what we believe in.
Frequently Asked Questions About Anne Thompson
Anne is a well-known Chief Environmental Affairs correspondent for NBC News. Prior to joining NBC News, she was a reporter for WDIV-TV.
Anne is an American national born on 10th August 1954, in New York City, New York .
Anne stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 meters).
Details about Anne’s love life are still under review. We will let you know when she gets in a relationship or when we discover helpful information about her love life.
Anne has an estimated net worth of $1 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the media industry.
Anne has an estimated salary of $300k. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the media industry.
Anne is a resident of New York, New York, USA. We shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Anne is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Anne is pursuing her career in journalism. She is working as a Chief Environmental Affairs correspondent at NBC News since 1997.
Anne Thompson Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: