Anthony Geary Biography and Wiki
Anthony Geary is an American actor who is known for playing the role of Luke Spencer on the ABC daytime drama General Hospital.
Geary began playing the role of Luke in 1978. He received a record eight Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series prior to his retirement.
He also had a prominent supporting role in the “Weird Al” Yankovic comedy UHF in 1989. His other notable films include; Johnny Got His Gun (1971), Disorderlies (1987), Scorchers (1991), Teacher’s Pet (2004) and Fish Tank (2009).
Anthony Geary Education
Geary went to the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, on a theater scholarship.
Anthony Geary Age and Birthday
Anthony is 72 years old as of 2020, he was born on May 28, 1947, in Coalville, Utah, the United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on May 28 every year and his birth sign is Gemini.
Anthony Geary Height and Weight
Geary stands at a height of 6 feet 2 inches and has a moderate body weight. Details regarding his actual weight and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Anthony Geary Family, Parents and Siblings
Anthony is the son of Dana Anderson (mother) and Russell Dean Geary (father). Anthony’s father was a building contractor and owner of a construction company while his mother was a homemaker and assisted his father in the business as the bookkeeper.
His father was also a former mayor of Coalville, Utah and both his parents were members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Anthony has two sisters; Jana Geary Steele and DeAnn Geary Bond.
Anthony Geary Wife Elizabeth Taylor
Anthony is not married at the moment, he has managed to keep many aspects of his personal life private. It is not known if he is courting or not. He, however, has been romantically linked to women like Syren and Elizabeth Taylor.
Anthony Geary Gay, Is he gay?
Anthony has been involved with gay rights for a long time now. He supports gay rights and he believes all individuals should be provided with the rights they deserve. Rumors had started doing rounds that Anthony was actually gay but those rumors were dismissed after he admitted to having a relationship with Elizbeth Taylor.
Anthony Geary Body Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Anthony.
Anthony Geary Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Anthony Geary
- Popular As: Tony Geary
- Gender: Male
- Profession: Actor
- Years active: 1970–present
- Known for: General Hospital (1963-), UHF (1989), Johnny Got His Gun (1971), Disorderlies (1987), Scorchers (1991), Teacher’s Pet (2004) and Fish Tank (2009)
- Education: The University of Utah
- Town/City: Coalville
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Anthony Geary Birthday
- Age: 73 years (2020)
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Date of Birth: May 28, 1947
- Place of Birth: Coalville, Utah, U.S.
- Birthday: May 28
Anthony Geary Body Measurements
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches
- Weight: To be updated
- Hair Colour: White
- Eye Colour: Green
Anthony Geary Family and Relationship
- Father: Geary’s father’s name is Russell Dean Geary
- Mother: Geary’s mother’s name is Dana Anderson
- Siblings: Jana Geary Steele and DeAnn Geary Bond
- Marital Status: Single
- Spouse: Single
- Children: None
Anthony Geary Salary and Net Worth
- Net Worth: $ 15 million dollars (2020)
- Source of Income: Law Career, Books Sale, Movies
Anthony Geary Career
When Geary was 21 years old, he performed on the Las Vegas stage as a chorus boy with Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca. He scared his chin while performing there.
He made his first appearance on television in an episode of Room 222. Later on, Geary appeared in All in the Family, The Mod Squad, Mannix, Marcus Welby, M.D., The Streets of San Francisco and Barnaby Jones. From 1971 to 1972 he appeared in his first-day time role in NBC soap opera Bright Promise.
Geary also played the character of George Curtis, a rapist, in The Young and the Restless. Later in 1978, he was hired for a 13-week story arc to play Luke Spencer in ABC soap General Hospital.
Anthony Geary On General Hospital
In General Hospital, Anthony played as Luke Spencer. Luke is the middle child of the late, Tim Spencer and his late wife, Lena Spencer.
He was born and raised in Port Charles, New York to a low-income family near the docks. He was street smart and would constantly defend his sister Bobbie when they were growing up.
Luke’s father was an alcoholic and he regularly physically abused both Luke and Bobbie as well as their mother Lena. After the death of their mother, Lena, their father walked out on them. Anthony got the role of Luke in 1978 and later left the show in 1984.
In 1991, he returned to General Hospital as Luke’s cousin and look-alike Bill Eckert, due to the actor’s desire to play something other than Luke.
However, due to poor feedback from the viewing public, the character was killed off and Anthony resumed the role of Luke in 1993.
On Friday, May 8, 2015, he publicly announced that he would be leaving his role on General Hospital. He finished taping his last scenes on the General Hospital set on Tuesday, June 23, 2015. His last air date was July 27, 2015.
On May 4, 2017, he made a non-speaking cameo appearance to facilitate the retirement of co-star and former on-screen wife Jane Elliot.
Anthony Geary Net Worth
Anthony Geary has a net worth of $ 9 million dollars as of 2020. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as an actor widely known for playing the role of Luke Spencer on the ABC daytime drama General Hospital. Through his various sources of income, Tony has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Anthony Geary Movies And TV Shows
- Alice and the Monster – George
- Fish Tank – Van Man
- General Hospital: Night Shift – Luke Spencer
- Carpool Guy – Carpool Guy
- Teacher’s Pet – John / Juan
- Port Charles – Luke Spencer
- Burke’s Law – Clayton Cole
- Roseanne – Luke Spencer
- Whistlestop Girl – Andy
- General Hospital – Bill Eckert (Also played by Geary in a Dual Role)
- Night of the Warrior – Lynch
- Scorchers – Preacher
- Sunset Beat – Uncredited Role
- Murder, She Wrote – Eric Grant / KGB Lt. Fyodor Alexandrov
- UHF – Philo
- Night Life – John Devlin
- Do You Know the Muffin Man? – Stephen Pugliotti
- High Desert Kill – Dr. Jim Cole
- Crack House – Dockett
- You Can’t Hurry Love – Tony
- Pass the Ammo – Stonewall
- It Takes Two – Wheel
- Dangerous Love – Mickey
- P.I. Private Investigations – Larry
- Disorderlies – Winslow Lowry
- Penitentiary III – Serenghetti
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Murdered Madam – Steve Reynolds
- You Are The Jury – Sam Billings
- Kicks – Martin Cheevers
- Hotel – Eli Gilmour / Phil Tanner|
- Sins of the Past – Lt. Malovich
- The Impostor – Cade
- Antony and Cleopatra – Octavius Caesar
- Intimate Agony – Dr. Kyle Richards
- General Hospital – Luke Spencer
- The Return of Captain Nemo – Bork
- Project U.F.O. TV Series – Darryl Biggs
- Starsky & Hutch – Delano
- The Six Million Dollar Man – Arta
- Most Wanted – Chops
- Barnaby Jones – Deputy Blake Jeffries / Nelson Mosley / Wilson
- The Streets of San Francisco – Gary Jelinek / Cajun / Joe Markham
- Doc Elliot – Dennis Graham
- Sorority Kill – Tony
- Mannix – Eddie Decken
- Shaft – David Oliver
- The Young and the Restless – George Curtis
- Blood Sabbath – David
- The Mod Squad – Johnson
- The Partridge Family – Greg Houser
- Marcus Welby, M.D. – John Gavanelli
- Bright Promise – David Lockhart
- All in the Family – Roger
- Johnny Got His Gun – Redhead
- Room 222 – Tom Whalom
Frequently Asked Questions About Anthony Geary
Who is Anthony Geary
Geary is a renowned American actor famous for his long term role as Luke Spencer on the ABC daytime drama General Hospital.
How old is Anthony Geary?
He is 73 years old as of 2020. Geary was born on May 28, 1947.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
2. Diabetes Treatment
4. Breast Cancer
5. Blood Pressure
6. Heart Attack
How tall is Anthony Geary?
Geary stands at a height of 6 feet 2 inches.
Is Anthony Geary married?
He is not married as of 2020, he has been in a long term relationship with Elizabeth Taylor but Informationcradle can not confirm whether the pair is still together or not.
Is Anthony Geary gay?
He supports gay rights but has not confirmed to the public whether he is gay or straight.
How much is Anthony Geary worth?
He has an estimated net worth of around $9 million.
Where does Geary live?
He lives in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Because of security reasons, Geary has not shared his precise location of residence. We will immediately update this information if we get the location and images of his house.
Is Geary dead or alive?
He is still alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Geary now?
He took time off acting. He is in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Anthony Geary Twitter, Instagram
Anthony is not on any social media platform.
Tony’s Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.