Chris Hedges Biography and Wiki
Chris Hedges is a well known American Journalist, a visiting Princeton University lecturer and a Presbyterian minister. He has authored several books such as War Is a Force That Give Us Meaning.
Chris was a contributor for the progressive news and commentary website ‘Truthdig’. He used to be a host of ‘On Contact’ program for the ‘RT’ (Russia Today), a network television.
Hedges was a foreign journalist for about two decades in West Asia, Central America, The Middle East and in Africa. He was a columnist for ‘The New York’ Times’ staff entry in 2001 that earned the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Reporting upon paper s coverage focusing on global terrorism.
He lectures credit courses in New Jersey Prisons. He performs this, through Princeton University, with a class of half prisoners and half Princeton undergraduates. Chris self describes himself as a socialist.
Chris Hedges Age and Birthday
Hedges is 63 years old as of 2019, he was born on 18th September 1956, in St. Johnsbury, Vermont, United States. He celebrates his birthday on every 18th September of a year.
Chris Hedges Height and Weight
Chris stands at an average height and moderate weight. He appears to be quite tall in stature of his photos, relative to his surroundings. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Chris Hedges Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about him;
Chris Hedges Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Christopher Lynn Hedges
- Popular As: Chris Hedges
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Journalist, Lecturer, Minister
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: Not Available
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Chris Hedges Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 63 years (2019)
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Date of Birth: 18th September 1956
- Place of Birth: St. Johnsbury, Vermont, United States
- Birthday: 18th September
Chris Hedges Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: Average
- Weight: Moderate
- Eye Color: Not Available
- Hair Color: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Chris Hedges Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Thomas Havard
- Mother: Thelma Louise
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Eunice Wong
- Children: Sons ( Konrad, Noelle and Thomas Hedges)
Chris Hedges Net worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1.1 million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Journalist, Lecturer, Minister
Chris Hedges House and Cars
- Place of living: Princeton, New Jersey, United States
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Chris Hedges On Contact
He has worked as a host of ‘On Contact’ program for the ‘RT’ (Russia Today), a network television. Hedges got into a dialogue with Mark Green who is the former New York City Consumer Affairs Commissioner and Public Advocate.
They were talking about the “permanent lie” that US President Donald Trump used to deny out the fact. He also interviewed an Author which they talked about “dissident voices” which is currently not available in the mainstream media.
Chris has as well had a talk with John Ralston Saul, an author and a president emeritus of Pen International. They dialogue about how the American society weakness has been exposed by the Covid-19 pandemic
Chris Hedges Books
Chris has written a lot of books including;
- 2002: War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning
- 2003: What Every Person Should Know About War
- 2005: Losing Moses on the Freeway: The 10 Commandments in America
- 2007: American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America
- 2008: I Don’t Believe in Atheists
- 2008: Collateral Damage: America’s War Against Iraqi Civilians, with Laila Al-Arian
- 2009: When Atheism Becomes Religion: America’s New Fundamentalists, a retitled edition of I Don’t Believe in Atheists
- 2009: Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle
- 2010: Death of the Liberal Class
- 2010: The World As It Is: Dispatches on the Myth of Human Progress
- 2012: Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt, with Joe Sacco
- 2015: Wages of Rebellion: The Moral Imperative of Revolt
- 2016: Unspeakable
- 2018: America, The Farewell Tour
Chris Hedges Quotes
- Most of these who are thrust into combat soon find it impossible to maintain the mythic perception of war.
- War Is a Force that Gives Us Meaning ISBN 1586480499
- Patriotism, often a thinly veiled form of collective self-worship, celebrates our goodness, our ideals, our mercy and bemoans the perfidiousness of those who hate us.
- War Is a Force that Gives Us Meaning ISBN 1586480499
- As I looked out on the crowd, I was witnessing things I had witnessed in the Plaza de Mayo in Argentina or in squares in Belgrade… it breaks my heart when I see it in my country.
- New York Times Reporter, Chris Hedges was Booed off the Stage and had his Microphone Cut Twice as he Delivered a Graduation Speech on War and Empire at Rockford College in Illinois.
- Of the past 3,400 years, humans have been entirely at peace for 268 of them, or just 8 percent of recorded history.
- What Every Person Should Know About War
- The vanquished know war. They see through the empty jingoism of those who use the abstract words of glory, honor, and patriotism to mask the cries of the wounded, the senseless killing, war profiteering, and chest-pounding grief.
- War: Realities and Myths
- We on the left have forgotten that the question is not how do you get good people to rule, most people who rule are mediocre at best and usually venal. The question is how do we make those in power frightened of us and not be seduced by formal political processes
Chris Hedges Articles
The following are some of the recent articles wrote by him;
- June 02, 2020 The Treason of the Ruling Class
“The ruling elites no longer have legitimacy. They have destroyed our capitalist democracy and replaced it with a mafia state. What the Roman philosopher Cicero called a commonwealth, a res publica, a “public thing” or the “property of a people,” has been transformed into an instrument of naked”
- March 09, 2020 If It’s Biden vs. Trump, This Year’s One-Choice Election Will Be for Oligarchy
“There is only one choice in this election. The consolidation of oligarchic power under Donald Trump or the consolidation of oligarchic power under Joe Biden. The oligarchs, with Trump or Biden, will win again. We will lose. The oligarchs made it abundantly clear, should Bernie Sanders miraculously”
- March 02, 2020 Class: The Little Word the Elites Want You to Forget
“Aristotle, Niccolò Machiavelli, Alexis de Tocqueville, Adam Smith and Karl Marx grounded their philosophies in the understanding that there is a natural antagonism between the rich and the rest of us. The interests of the rich are not our interests. The truths of the rich are not our truths
Assange would face a politicized show trial in the United States if he were extradited to face 17 charges under the Espionage Act for his role in publishing classified military and diplomatic cables, documents and videos that exposed U.S. war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan.”
- February 10, 2020 What Is Happening to Assange Will Happen to the Rest of Us
“David Morales, the indicted owner of the Spanish private security firm Undercover Global, is being investigated by Spain’s high court for allegedly providing the CIA with audio and video recordings of the meetings WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange had with his attorneys and other visitors when the.”
- February 03, 2020 America: Land of Make-Believe
“If what happens in courtrooms across the country to poor people of color is justice, what is happening in the Senate is a trial. If the blood-drenched debacles and endless quagmires in the Middle East are victories in the war on terror, our military is the greatest on earth. If the wholesale”
Chris Hedges 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Chris Hedges
Who is Chris Hedges?
Chris is a well known American Journalist, a visiting Princeton University lecturer and a Presbyterian minister. He has authored several books such as War Is a Force That Give Us Meaning.
How old is Chris Hedges?
Hedges is 63 years old as of 2019, he was born on 18th September 1956, in St. Johnsbury, Vermont, United States.
How tall is Chris Hedges?
He stands at an average height, he has not shared his height with the public. His height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
Is Chris Hedges married?
Yes, he is married to Eunice Wong’, a Canadian actress. They are proud parents of two children. Chris has two more children from his previous marriage. Some of the names are Konrad, Noelle and Thomas Hedges.
How much id Chris Hedges worth?
He has an approximate net worth of $1.6 million. This amount has been accrued from his career as a Journalist, a visiting Princeton University lecturer and a Presbyterian minister.
How much does Chris Hedges make?
His annual salary is under research, this information will be updated soon.
Where does Chris live?
He is a resident of Princeton, New Jersey, United States, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Is Hedges dead or alive?
He is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Chris Hedges Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Wiki Quote
- Common Dreams
- Twitter and
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.