Courtney LaPlante Biography
Courtney LaPlante is a Canadian singer and songwriter who was born in Bangor, Maine, and brought up in Alabama, United States, and relocated with her mother to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. She is widely known as the lead vocalist of the Canadian heavy metal band ‘Spiritbox’.
LaPlante began singing in bands as a teenager, but first gained success as the lead singer of the now-defunct metalcore band Iwrestledabearonce. As the successor of the band’s original vocalist, LaPlante recorded and performed with the band from 2012 until 2015. She left the group months after the release of her second album with the group, Hail Mary (2015).
In 2016, LaPlante co-founded Spiritbox with her husband, Mike Stringer, and guitarist Ryan Wizniak. The band has released two studio albums to date, Eternal Blue (2019) and Holy Roller (2022), both of which have been met with critical acclaim.
LaPlante has been praised for her powerful and versatile vocals, which range from clean singing to growls and screams. She has also been cited as an influence by other female metal singers, such as Alissa White-Gluz and Tatiana Shmayluk.
10 Quick Facts About Courtney LaPlante
- Name: Courtney LaPlante
- Age: 34 years old
- Birthday: 26 February
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)
- Nationality: Canadian
- Occupation: Singer and Songwriter
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $1 Million – $5 Million
Courtney LaPlante Age
LaPlante is 34 years old. She was born on 26 February 1989, in Bangor, Maine, United States. She celebrates her birthday on 26 February every year and her birth sign is Pisces.
Courtney LaPlante Height
LaPlante stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m).
Early Life and Education
Courtney LaPlante was born on February 26, 1989, in Auburn, Alabama. She is the eldest of six children. Her father was a college basketball coach, and her mother was a teacher. LaPlante’s family moved frequently during her childhood, as her father’s job required them to relocate to different cities.
LaPlante began singing in church as a child. She also learned to play the guitar in high school. After graduating from high school, LaPlante and her younger brother, Jackson, formed the metal band Unicron. The band played locally for several years, but they eventually disbanded.
In 2012, LaPlante joined the metalcore band Iwrestledabearonce as their new lead vocalist. She recorded two albums with the band, Hail Mary (2015) and Late for Nothing (2010). However, LaPlante left the band in 2015 to focus on her new project, Spiritbox.
Rise to Fame
Courtney LaPlante first gained recognition as the lead singer of the metalcore band Iwrestledabearonce. She joined the band in 2012 and recorded two albums with them, Hail Mary (2015) and Late for Nothing (2010). However, LaPlante left the band in 2015 to focus on her new project, Spiritbox.
Spiritbox released their debut album, Eternal Blue, in 2019. The album was a critical and commercial success, reaching number 13 on the US Billboard 200 chart. Spiritbox’s second album, Holy Roller, was released in 2022 and was also met with critical acclaim.
LaPlante’s rise to fame with Spiritbox has been meteoric. The band has quickly become one of the most popular metal bands in the world, and LaPlante has been praised for her powerful vocals, energetic stage presence, and songwriting skills. She has also been cited as an influence by other female metal singers, such as Alissa White-Gluz and Tatiana Shmayluk.
Courtney LaPlante Family, Parents
LaPlante was born to her parents in Bangor and raised in Alabama and moved to Canada when she was 15 years old. Her father was a college basketball coach, while her mother was a teacher. She relocated to Victoria, British Columbia, with her mother after her parents got her divorce.
LaPlante has younger five siblings including her brother named Jackson, who is also a musician. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of LaPlante’s parents and Jackson LaPlante is still unclear. We will update this section once this information is available.
Courtney LaPlante Husband
LaPlante is currently married to her husband Mike Stringer, a guitarist and longtime bandmate. The couple tied the knot in 2016 after they got engaged around 2012. They founded the band Spiritbox. They met during a show that Unicron shared with fellow Victoria-based metal band Fall in Archaea.
Courtney LaPlante Salary
Details about LaPlante’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much she makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Courtney LaPlante Net Worth
LaPlante’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million. This includes her assets, money, and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a singer and songwriter. Through her various sources of income, Courtney has been able to accumulate good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Courtney LaPlante Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Courtney.
Courtney LaPlante Wiki
- Full Names: Courtney LaPlante (née Stringer)
- Popular As: LaPlante
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Singer and Songwriter
- Nationality: Canadian
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Courtney LaPlante Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 34 years old
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Date of Birth: February 26, 1989
- Place of Birth: Bangor, Maine, United States
- Birthday: February 26
Courtney LaPlante Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)
- Weight: Moderate
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Blonde (natural
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Courtney LaPlante Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Known
- Mother: Not Known
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Mike Stringer
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Not Known) Daughter(s) (Not Known)
Courtney LaPlante Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 Million – $5 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Singer and Songwriter
Courtney LaPlante Spiritbox
Courtney and her hubby Mike Stringer came together in 2017 to form a band called Spiritbox. The band’s full lineup comprises LaPlante and Stringer and drummer Zev Rose. The band’s style is djent/metalcore and incorporates electronic elements.
Dissatisfaction caused LaPlante and Stringer to exit their former band, Iwrestledabearonce, and they started Spiritbox, seeking artistic freedom. They released a debut extended play, Spiritbox (2017), followed by a second EP, Singles Collection (2019) with an expanded lineup.
Rather than touring, Spiritbox initially developed an approach to fanbase building focused on the Internet and introduced their music through acclaimed music videos.
The band began touring in 2020 and continued to gain popularity with several singles that reached the Billboard charts before releasing their debut album Eternal Blue (2021), which entered the US Billboard 200 at number 13. Their music is currently released through their label, Pale Chord, via a partnership with rising Records.
Courtney LaPlante Songs
Courtney LaPlante has released two studio albums with her band Spiritbox, Eternal Blue (2019) and Holy Roller (2022). She has also collaborated with other artists, such as Asking Alexandria, Beartooth, and INK. Here is a list of some of her most popular songs:
- Holy Roller
- Rule of Nines
- Hurt You
- The Long and the Lost
- Circle with Me
- Trust Fall
- Blessed Be
- Silk in the Teeth
- Holy Roller (feat. Ryo Kinoshita)
- Hypnos (feat. Daze of June)
- Contraband (feat. Make Them Suffer)
- In Another Life (feat. Crown the Empire)
- Grievance (feat. Erra)
- Dead to Me (feat. Crown the Empire)
- The Land of Nod (feat. Despondent)
- A Much Needed Death (feat. Despondent)
- Counter Clock (feat. Despondent)
Courtney LaPlante Awards Accomplishments and Achievements
Courtney has won several awards, including:
- 2018 FemMetal Awards: Best Vocalist (Female)
- 2021 Loudwire Music Awards: Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- 2022 Revolver Music Awards: Best Vocalist (Female)
- 2022 Juno Awards: Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year (for Spiritbox’s Eternal Blue)
Courtney has also been nominated for a number of other awards, including:
- 2021 Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards: Breakthrough Band of the Year
- 2021 Kerrang! Awards: Best Breakthrough Act
- 2022 Grammy Awards: Best Metal Performance (for Spiritbox’s “Holy Roller”)
Hobbies and Interests
- Courtney enjoys spending her free time engaging in activities that allow her to express her creativity and connect with others. She is passionate about using her hobbies to make a positive impact on the world.
- Courtney enjoys spending her free time learning new things and exploring new experiences. She is passionate about using her hobbies to expand her horizons and grow as a person.
- Courtney enjoys spending her free time relaxing and de-stressing. She is passionate about using her hobbies to take care of herself and maintain her mental and physical health.
Courtney is a legend in the making. She is already making a significant impact on the world, and she has the potential to do even more in the years to come.
Courtney LaPlante Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: