Dana Delany Biography
Dana Delany is an American actress, producer, presenter, and health activist who was born in New York City, New York, and brought up in Stamford, Connecticut, United States of America. She is widely known for her roles in Tulsa King as Margaret Devereaux, Tombstone as Josephine Marcus, China Beach as Colleen McMurphy, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm as Andrea Beaumont, Desperate Housewives as Katherine Mayfair, and in Freelancers as Lydia Vecchio.
10 Quick Facts About Dana Delany
- Name: Dana Delany
- Age: 67 Years (As of 2023)
- Birthday: 13 March
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches (1.67 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actress, Producer, Presenter, and Health Activist
- Marital Status: Single
- Salary: $150 Thousand Per Episode
- Net worth: $10 Million
Dana Delany Age
Delany is 67 years old as of 2023, she was born on 13 March 1956 in New York City, New York, United States. She celebrates her birthday on 13 March every year and her birth sign is Pisces.
Dana Delany Height
Delany stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.67 m). Her body measurements are 37-25-35 inches.
Dana Delany Weight
Delany Weighs 62 kg (137 lbs). She has hazel eyes and dyed red hair.
Dana Delany Early Life and Education
Delany was born and raised in New York City. She attended the Phillips Academy in Andover. She then graduated from high school education at the academy in 1974 with the academic honor of “cum laude.” She later earned a degree in Theater from Wesleyan University in 1978.
Dana Delany Family
Delany was born to her parents Mary Delany and Jack Delany. Her father was her biggest fan but later died from pancreatic cancer on 18 March 1981. She spent her childhood with her two siblings, an older brother named Sean, and a younger sister named Corey.
Dana Delany Husband
Delany is not yet married. She has been in a couple of relationships previously. She has been in a relationship with Henry Czerny from 1993 to 1997, John Sacret Young from 1990 to 1992, Don Henley in 1987, and Treat Williams from 1981 to 1984. She is reported to have dated actor Dave Holmes. The relationship has been hinted at by both the persons in different parties.
Dana Delany Net Worth
Delany has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2023. This includes her assets, money, and income. Her primary source of income is her career as an actress, producer, presenter, and health activist. Through her various sources of income, she has been able to accumulate good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Dana Delany Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Delany.
Dana Delany Wiki
- Full Names: Dana Welles Delany
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Actress, Producer, Presenter, and Health Activist
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White (Irish and English ancestry)
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Dana Delany Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 67 years (2023)
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Date of Birth: 13 March 1956
- Place of Birth: New York City, New York, USA
- Birthday: 13 March
Dana Delany Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 37-25-35 inches
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 6 inches (1.67 m)
- Weight: 62 kg (137 lbs)
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Hair Color: Dyed Red
- Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
- Breast Size: 37 inches
- Waist Size: 25 inches
- Hip Size: 35 inches
Dana Delany Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Jack Delany
- Mother: Mary Delany
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Sean and Corey Delany
- Marital Status: Single
- Husband/Spouse: Not Applicable
- Dating / Boyfriend: Dated Henry Czerny, John Sacret Young, James Wood among others
- Children: Sons (None) Daughter(s) (None)
Dana Delany Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $10 Million
- Salary: $150 Thousand Per Episode
- Source of Income: Actress, Producer, Presenter, and Health Activist
Dana Delany Tombstone
Delany played the role of Josephine Marcus in the 1993 American Western film Tombstone.’ The film was directed by George P. Cosmatos, produced by James Jacks and Sean Daniel, and written by Kevin Jarre. It was released on 25 December 1993, in the United States, and later dates to other countries.
Dana Delany China Beach
Dana portrayed Colleen McMurphy in the American medical drama television series ‘China Beach.’ The series was created by
William Broyles Jr. and John Sacret Young, and produced by Geno Escarrega and Mimi Leder. It was released on ABC from 27 April 1988 to 22 July 1991. Her role was that of First Lieutenant (later Captain).
Dana Delany Movies and TV Shows
- 1981 – The Fan as Saleswoman in record store
- 1984 – Almost You as Susan McCall
- 1986 – Where the River Runs Black as Sister Ana
- 1988 – Masquerade as Anne Briscoe
- 1992 – Light Sleeper as Marianne
- 1993 – Tombstone as Josephine Marcus
- 1994 – Exit to Eden as Lisa Emerson
- 1995 – Live Nude Girls as Jill
- 1996 – Fly Away Home as Susan Barnes
- 1998 – The Curve as Dr. Ashley
- 1999 – Outfitters as Cat Bonfaim
- 2000 – The Right Temptation as Anthea Farrow-Smith
- 2002 – Mother Ghost as Karen Bennett
- 2003 – Spin as Margaret Swift-Bejarano
- 2005 – Getting to Know You as Marla Short
- 2006 – Superman: Brainiac Attacks as Lois Lane (Voice)
- 2007 – Route 30 as Amish Martha
- 2008 – A Beautiful Life as Anne
- 2010 – Multiple Sarcasms as Annie
- 2012 – Freelancers as Lydia Vecchio
- 2013 – Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox as Lois Lane (Voice)
- 2017 – Literally, Right Before Aaron as Wendy
- 1978–79 – Love of Life as Amy Russell
- 1981 – As the World Turns as Hayley Wilson Hollister
- 1984 – Threesome as Laura Shaper
- 1985 – Moonlighting as Jillian Armstrong
- 1986–87 – Magnum, P.I. as Cynthia Farrell
- 1987 – Sweet Surrender as Georgia Holden
- 1988–91 – China Beach as Colleen McMurphy
- 1990 – A Promise to Keep as Jane Goodrich
- 1992 – Cheers as Susan Metheny
- 1993 – Wild Palms as Grace Wyckoff
- 1994 – The Enemy Within as Betsy Corcoran
- 1995 – Fallen Angels as Helen Fiske
- 1996–2000 – Superman: The Animated Series as Lois Lane (Voice)
- 1997 – Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man as Dr. Susan Fox (Voice)
- 1998 – The Batman/Superman Movie: World’s Finest as Lois Lane Voice
- 1999 – Resurrection as Clare Miller
- 2001–02 – Pasadena as Catherine McAllister
- 2002–03 – Presidio Med as Dr. Rae Brennan Series
- 2003–05 – Justice League as Lois Lane, Maggie Sawyer, Loana (Voice)
- 2004 – Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Carolyn Spencer
- 2005–06 – Related as Francesca Sorelli
- 2006 – Battlestar as Galactica Sesha Abinell
- 2007 – The Batman as Lois Lane (Voice)
- 2007–10, 2012 – Desperate Housewives as Katherine Mayfair
- 2010 – Batman: The Brave and the Bold as Vilsi Vaylar (Voice)
- 2011–13 – Body of Proof as Dr. Megan Hunt
- 2014–17 – Hand of God Crystal as Harris Series
- 2015 – The Comedians as Julie
- 2018 – Bull as Assistant US Attorney Banner
- 2019 – The Code as Colonel Glenn Turnbull, USMC
- 2021 – The American Guest as Edith Roosevelt
- 2022-present – Tulsa King as Margaret Devereaux
Dana Delany Accomplishments
- Emmy Awards: Dana has won two Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her roles in “China Beach” and “Exit to Eden.”
- Golden Globe Awards: Dana has been nominated for five Golden Globe Awards and won one for Best Performance by an Actress in a TV series – Drama for “China Beach.”
- Film career: Dana has appeared in numerous films throughout her career, including “Tombstone,” “Fly Away Home,” “Exit to Eden,” and “Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.”
- Television career: Dana has had starring roles in several television series, including “China Beach,” “Desperate Housewives,” and “Body of Proof.” She has also made guest appearances on shows like “The L Word,” “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” and “Hand of God.”
- Theater: Dana has also appeared in several plays, including “Translations,” “Dinner with Friends,” and “The Parisian Woman.”
- Philanthropy: Dana has been actively involved in several charitable organizations, including the Scleroderma Research Foundation, the African Medical and Research Foundation, and the Creative Coalition.
- Accolades: In addition to her Emmy and Golden Globe wins, Dana has received numerous other awards and nominations throughout her career, including a Screen Actors Guild Award, a People’s Choice Award, and a Prism Award.
Dana Delany Legacy
- Pioneering roles for women: Dana’s portrayal of the character Colleen McMurphy in “China Beach” was groundbreaking for its time, as it depicted a female character in a position of power and authority during the Vietnam War. This role helped pave the way for more complex and nuanced roles for women in television.
- Award-winning performances: Dana’s performances in both television and film have earned her numerous accolades, including two Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe. Her work has inspired and influenced many actors and actresses in the industry.
- Charitable work: Dana has been actively involved in various charitable organizations, particularly those focused on healthcare and medical research. She has been a vocal advocate for the Scleroderma Research Foundation, which funds research into the disease that her mother suffered from.
- Advocacy for women’s health: Dana has been a strong advocate for women’s health issues, particularly breast cancer awareness. She has worked with the National Breast Cancer Coalition to raise awareness and funds for research into the disease.
- Inspiration for future generations: Dana’s achievements in the entertainment industry, her philanthropy work, and her advocacy for various causes have inspired many people, particularly women, to pursue their dreams and make a positive impact in the world. Her legacy will continue to inspire future generations of actors, activists, and philanthropists.
Dana Delany Hobbies and interests
- Travel: Dana has expressed a love for traveling and has visited many countries around the world.
- Yoga: Dana has mentioned that she enjoys practicing yoga to stay in shape and relieve stress.
- Reading: Dana has mentioned that she is an avid reader and has shared book recommendations on her social media accounts.
- Cooking: Dana has mentioned that she enjoys cooking and has shared recipes on her social media accounts.
- Music: Dana has mentioned that she enjoys listening to a variety of music genres and has shared playlists on her social media accounts.
- Writing: Dana has expressed an interest in writing and has mentioned that she is working on a memoir.
- Photography: Dana has shared some of her own photographs on her social media accounts and has mentioned that she enjoys taking photos as a hobby.
Dana Delany Personal beliefs
- Political views: Dana has been vocal about her support for various Democratic politicians and causes, particularly women’s rights and healthcare.
- Women’s health: Dana has been a strong advocate for women’s health issues, particularly breast cancer awareness and research. She has worked with the National Breast Cancer Coalition to raise awareness and funds for research into the disease.
- Mental health: Dana has spoken about her own struggles with depression and anxiety and has been a vocal advocate for mental health awareness and treatment.
- Animal rights: Dana has expressed support for animal rights and has worked with organizations that promote animal welfare.
- Environmentalism: Dana has expressed concern about climate change and has supported organizations that promote environmental protection and conservation.
- Social justice: Dana has been a vocal advocate for social justice issues, particularly those related to women and minority groups.
Dana Delany Quotes
Frequently Asked Questions About Dana Delany
Dana is an accomplished actress, producer, presenter, and health activist who gained extensive recognition for her roles in the films Tulsa King (2022-present) and Tombstone (1993).
Dana is an American national born on 13th March 1956 in New York City, New York.
Dana stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.67 meters).
No, over the course of her life, Dana has been in relationships with some of the America’s most celebrated stars, including Henry Czerny, John Sacret Young and Don Henley. Although she’s dated many other prominent men, she has never been married.
Dana has an approximate net worth of $10 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Dana has an approximate salary of $150 thousand per episode. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Because of security reasons, Dana has not shared her precise location of residence. We will update this information if we get the location and images of her house.
Dana is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Dana is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry, she is a cast member of Tulsa King.
Dana Delany Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: