Floyd Shivambu Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Floyd Shivambu Biography
- 2 10 Quick Facts About Floyd Shivambu
- 3 Floyd Shivambu Age
- 4 Floyd Shivambu Height
- 5 Floyd Shivambu Education
- 6 Floyd Shivambu Parents
- 7 Floyd Shivambu Father
- 8 Floyd Shivambu Siblings
- 9 Floyd Shivambu Wife
- 10 Floyd Shivambu Salary
- 11 Floyd Shivambu Net Worth
- 12 Floyd Shivambu Measurements and Facts
- 13 Floyd Shivambu Political Career
- 14 Floyd Shivambu Writing Career
- 15 Floyd Shivambu Quotes
- 16 Floyd Shivambu Contact Details
- 17 Floyd Shivambu Political Positions
- 18 Floyd Shivambu House
- 19 Floyd Shivambu Cars
- 20 Frequently Asked Questions About Floyd Shivambu
- 21 Floyd Shivambu Contacts
- 22 Related Biographies
Floyd Shivambu is a South African politician who was born and brought up in Malamulele, Limpopo, South Africa. He is widely known as a member of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), a far-left political party in South Africa, and the party’s Deputy President. He has been a member of the National Assembly of South Africa since 2014.
He is the Deputy President as well as lieutenant commander-in-chief of the Economic Freedom Fighters, its Parliamentary Chief Whip in the South African Parliament, who serves in the Trade and Industry Portfolio Committee as well as the Standing Committee on Finance.
Shivambu is also a Member of the Pan African Parliament, working in the Rural Economy, Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Environment Committee.
10 Quick Facts About Floyd Shivambu
- Name: Nyiko Floyd Shivambu
- Age: 39 Years (As of 2022)
- Birthday: 1 January
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Height: Average
- Nationality: South African
- Occupation: Politician
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: R10 Million
Floyd Shivambu Age
Shivambu is 39 years old as of 2022, he was born on 1 January 1983, in Malamulele, Limpopo, South Africa. He celebrates his birthday on 1 January every year and his birth sign is Capricorn.
Floyd Shivambu Height
Shivambu stands at an average height. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We will update this section when the information is available.
Floyd Shivambu Education
Shivambu graduated from the Mphambo High School in Malamulele in 2001 and went on to study at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, initially intending to study to become a technician.
He changed academic focus and instead earned a bachelor’s degree as well as an Honours Degree in Political Studies and International Relations. In 2014, he graduated with a master’s degree, with distinction, in political studies.
Floyd Shivambu Parents
Shivambu was born and raised by his parents Constance Shivambu(mother) and Elias Shivambu(father). His parents earned a living as informal traders selling hand made duvets as well as pillowcases in nearby towns.
Floyd Shivambu Father
Shivambu was born to his father, Elias Shivambu. His father used to bring home books, one of them a dictionary of political concepts, another a copy of Lenin’s The State of Revolution, which was missing a bunch of pages.
Floyd Shivambu Siblings
Shivambu was born and raised in the rural village of Mahonisi, Malamulele town in the Limpopo province South Africa. He has six siblings.
Floyd Shivambu Wife
Shivambu married to his lovely wife Siph’Esihle Pezi. The couple weeded in April 2017, in a traditional wedding. The ceremony was conducted in a combination of isiXhosa, TshiVenda and Shangaan traditions.
Floyd Shivambu Salary
Shivambu’s salary is not known, he has kept information about his income private. However, we are keeping tabs, and we shall update this section as soon as the information is available.
Floyd Shivambu Net Worth
Shivambu has an estimated net worth of R10 million dollars as of 2022. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as a politician. Through his various sources of income, Floyd has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Floyd Shivambu Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Floyd.
Floyd Shivambu Wiki
- Full Names: Nyiko Floyd Shivambu
- Popular As: Member of the South African National Assembly
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Politician
- Nationality: South African
- Race / Ethnicity: Black
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Floyd Shivambu Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 39 years (2022)
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Date of Birth: 1 January 1983
- Place of Birth: Malamulele, Limpopo, South Africa
- Birthday: January 1
Floyd Shivambu Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: Average
- Weight: Moderate
- Eye Color: Black
- Hair Color: Black
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Floyd Shivambu Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Elias Shivambu
- Mother: Constance Shivambu
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Six siblings including Brian Shivambu
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Siph’Esihle Pezi
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Not avaialable) Daughter(s) (Katekani Shivambu)
Floyd Shivambu Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: R10 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Serving as a member of parliament for the Economic Freedom Fighters
Floyd Shivambu House and Cars
- Place of living: SA
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Floyd Shivambu Political Career
While at the University of the Witwatersrand he was elected president of the university’s Student Representative Body and joined the African National Congress Youth League.
Shivambu is a Member of the Portfolio Committee on Trade & Industry and the Standing Committee on Finance in the RSA Parliament. He is also part of the RSA Parliament’s permanent delegation of 5 to the Pan African Parliament, serving in the Rural Economy, Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Environment Committee.
Floyd Shivambu Writing Career
Shivambu is also a blogger since 2005, publishing interactive and mind-boggling perspectives and documents on floydn.blogspot.com, which is South Africa’s most successful blog by a Political Activist.
Shivambu is formerly a Director of Mirograph PTY Ltd, a company that owns and publishes a youth empowerment Magazine called LOOCHA. He is a fervent Community Activist, always involved in genuine community struggles of disadvantaged communities and the working class. His political outlook is Left and Marxist/Leninist. He co-edited a book about Malema, titled The Coming Revolution.
Floyd Shivambu Quotes
- “In some instances we loosely use the term middle class to refer to people who are in between, because they have salaries. But they are no different, as what distinguishes them from the levels of poverty that we see is that monthly income.”
- “As an organisation, we do not believe that the key means of production must be privately owned. They must be collectively owned, this is what the organisation is about. The EFF leadership must ask itself how it benefits the ordinary people, how does this benefit the working class?”
- “When Ghana gained its independence, they wrote about neo-colonialism. Kwame Nkrumah (first prime minister and president of that country) used to say, “Seek first political power and the rest shall follow”. And after careful analysis of what has been happening, they wrote about neo-colonialism, the fact that we have new forms of colonialism. We’re just in control of political power, but not in control of the economy.”
- “Expropriation of South Africa’s land without compensation; nationalisation of mines and banks; building state and government capacity, which will lead to the abolishment of tenders; free quality education; healthcare and houses; the improvement of the industrial sector to close the wage gap; massive development of the economy; and open, accountable, corruption-free government.”
- “We need medication, but every time we need medication we must go to these multinational, mostly criminal pharmaceutical companies to buy medication from them. Cuba has, on many occasions, offered to help South Africa build its own pharmaceutical industry, but there is no one taking up that offer.”
Floyd Shivambu Contact Details
Floyd Shivambu Political Positions
- 2014- Present: Member of Parliament for the EFF, serving in the Rural Economy, Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment Committee.
- 2013- Present: Deputy President in the Economic Freedom Fighters
- 2008-2012: Spokesperson of African National Congress Youth League.
- 2008 – 2012: Board Member of the National Students’ Financial Aid Scheme.
- 2006 – 2007: Students Representative of Joint Initiative for Priority Skills Acquisition.
- 2004 – 2005: SRC President at University of Witwatersrand National Executive of South African Students Congress
Floyd Shivambu House
Shivambu, EFF deputy leader, denied claims that he owns a multistorey mansion in a rural landscape. Shivambu asked for the keys of the unidentified property after a social media user said it belonged to him. “So where is the house and when are you giving me the keys now that you gave a house?”.
Floyd Shivambu Cars
Shivambu, also denied he had bought a luxury Range Rover Sport with funds from the looted VBS Mutual Bank. The Mail & Guardian reported Shivambu was under scrutiny after a report that the Hawks were investigating the R1.1m car he allegedly paid cash for in January 2018.
According to the publication, the vehicle was registered in Shivambu’s name prior to being transferred to Musa Shivambu, his cousin, about December 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions About Floyd Shivambu
Floyd is a renowned politician who is widely known as a member of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), a far-left political party in South Africa, and the party’s Deputy President.
Floyd is a South African national born on 1st January 1983, in Malamulele, Limpopo.
Floyd stands at an average height, he has not shared his height with the public. His height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
Yes, Floyd is married to Siph’Esihle Pezi. The couple weeded in April 2017, in a traditional wedding. and together they have one child.
Floyd has an approximate net worth of R10 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the politics industry.
Details about Floyd’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Because of personal reasons, Floyd has not shared his precise location of residence. We will update this information if we get the location and images of his house.
Floyd is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Floyd is a politician serving as a member of parliament for the Economic Freedom Fighters.
Floyd Shivambu Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Fana Mokoena
- Aaron Mokoena
- Fikile Mbalula
- Godrich Gardee
- Paul Mashatile
- Clement Maosa
- Kgalema Motlanthe
- Mbhazima Shilowa