- 1 Frederick Buechner Biography and Wiki
- 2 Frederick Buechner Age
- 3 Frederick Buechner Height
- 4 Frederick Buechner Education
- 5 Frederick Buechner Wife
- 6 Frederick Buechner Net Worth
- 7 Frederick Buechner Quotes
- 8 Frederick Buechner Measurements and Facts
- 9 Frederick Buechner Books
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions About Frederick Buechner
- 11 Who is Frederick Buechner?
- 12 How old is Frederick Buechner?
- 13 How tall is Frederick Buechner?
- 14 Is Frederick Buechner married?
- 15 How much is Frederick Buechner worth?
- 16 How much does Frederick Buechner make?
- 17 Where does Frederick Buechner live?
- 18 Is Frederick Buechner dead or alive?
- 19 Where is Frederick Buechner Now?
- 20 Frederick Buechner Social Media Contacts
- 21 Related Biographies.
- 22 Reference:
Frederick Buechner Biography and Wiki
Frederick Buechner is an American writer, novelist, poet, autobiographer, essayist, preacher, and theologian. Buechner is an ordained Presbyterian minister and the author of more than thirty published books. Buechner is the eldest son of Katherine Kuhn and Carl Frederick Buechner Sr., was born on July 11, 1926, in New York City. During his early childhood, the family moved frequently, as Buechner’s father searched for work.
Buechner’s work encompasses different genres, including fiction, autobiography, essays, and sermons, and his career has spanned more than six decades. His books have been translated into many languages for publication around the world. Buechner is best known for his novels, including A Long Day’s Dying, The Book of Bebb, Godric (a finalist for the year 1981 Pulitzer Prize), and Brendan, his memoirs, including Telling Secrets and The Sacred Journey, and his more theological works, including Secrets in the Dark, The Magnificent Defeat, and Telling the Truth.
Buechner has been called “Major talent” and “…a perfect writer indeed” by the New York Times, and “one of our most original storytellers” by USA Today. Annie Dillard (Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Pilgrim at Tinker Creek) says: “Frederick Buechner is one of our finest writers.”
He was also a finalist for the National Book Award presented by the National Book Foundation and the Pulitzer Prizes and has been awarded eight honorary degrees from such institutions as Yale University and the Virginia Theological Seminary. In addition, Buechner has been the recipient of the O. Henry Award, the Rosenthal Award, the Christianity as well as the Literature Belles Lettres Prize, and has been recognized by the American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters.
Frederick Buechner Age
Buechner is 94 years old as of 2020, he was born on July 11, 1926, as Carl Frederick Buechner, in New York, New York, United States. He celebrates his birthday on July 11, every year, and his birth sign is cancer.
Frederick Buechner Height
Buechner stands at an average height and has moderate weight. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Frederick Buechner Education
Buechner attended the Lawrenceville School in Lawrenceville, New Jersey, graduating in 1943. He then enrolled at Princeton University. Buechner’s college career was interrupted by—in Buechner’s words—”two years of very undistinguished service” (1944–46) in the Army during World War II, “all of it at several different places in the United States,” including a post as “chief of the statistical section in Camp Pickett, Virginia.” After the war, he returned to Princeton and graduated with an A.B. in English in the year 1948 after completing a 77-page-long senior thesis titled “Notes of the Function of Metaphor in English Poetry.
Frederick Buechner Wife
Buechner is married to his wife Judith Buechner since 1956. Buechner has three daughters, Sharman Buechner, Dinah Buechner, and Katherine Buechner. In the spring of 1955, Buechner met his wife Judith at a dance given by some family friends. They were married a year later by James Muilenberg in Montclair, N.J., and spent the next 4 months traveling in Europe.
Frederick Buechner Net Worth
Buechner has an estimated net worth of $1 million – $5 million as of 2020. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as a writer. Through his various sources of income, Buechner has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Frederick Buechner Quotes
- Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don’t be afraid.
- The grace of God means something like: Here is your life. You might never have been, but you are because the party wouldn’t have been complete without you.
- It is as impossible for man to demonstrate the existence of God as it would be for even Sherlock Holmes to demonstrate the existence of Arthur Conan Doyle.
Frederick Buechner Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Frederick Buechner.
Frederick Buechner Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Carl Frederick Buechner
- Popular As: Author, Presbyterian Minister
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Author, Presbyterian Minister
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: Not Available
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Frederick Buechner Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 94 years old as of 2020.
- Zodiac Sign: July 11, 1926.
- Date of Birth: July 11, every year.
- Place of Birth: New York, United States.
- Birthday: July 11, every year.
Frederick Buechner Body Measurements
- Height / How Tall?: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
- Eye Color: Not Available
- Hair Color: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Frederick Buechner Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Carl Frederick
- Mother: Katherine Buechner
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Judith Buechner
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Daughter(s) Sharman Buechner, Dinah Buechner, and Katherine Buechner.
Frederick Buechner Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 million – $5 million as of 2020.
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Author, Presbyterian Minister
Frederick Buechner Books
- Godric 1980
- Telling Secrets 1991
- Beyond Words 2004
- Listening to your life 1992
- The Sacred Journey 1982
- Secrets in the dark 2006
- Wishful thinking 1973
- The Alphabet of Grace 1970
- Now and Then 1983
- The Son of Laughter 1993
- Remarkable Ordinary: How to Stop, Look, and Listen to Life 2017
- Crazy, Holy Grace: The Healing Power of Pain and Memory 2017
- Whistling in the dark 1988
- Peculiar Treasures 1979
- A Long Day’s Dying 1950
- A Room Called Remember 1984
- Lion Country 1971
- Brendan 1987
- The clown in the belfry 1992
- The longing for home 1996
- Love Feast 1974
- Speak what we feel 2001
- On the Road with the Archangel 1997
- Telling the Truth: the Gospel as tragedy, comedy, and fairy tale 1977
- Open Heart 1972
- The Eyes of the Heart 2006
- The wizard’s tide 1990
- The Seasons’ Difference 1952
- The Eyes of the Heart: a memoir of the lost and found 1999
- The Faces of Jesus: a life story 1974
- The Storm 1998
- The Entrance to Porlock 1970
- Treasure Hunt 1930
- The Return of Ansel Gibbs 1958
- The Faces of Jesus 1974
- The Yellow Leaves: A Miscellany 2008
- The Christmas Tide 2005
- The Book of Bebb 1979
- The Magnificent Defeat in 1966
- The Hungering Dark 1968
- Wishful Thinking: a theological ABC 1973
- The Life of Jesus 1974
- Faith That Matters: 365 Devotions from Classic Christian Leaders Bread and Wine: Readings for Lent and Easter 2002
- Whistlin Dark/Live C 1992
- Exploring Ethics: Selected Readings One Life, Four Seasons: The Complete Memoirs 2017
- Learning to Speak 2017
- Whistling in the Dark: a doubter’s dictionary 1988
- The Final Beast 1965
Frequently Asked Questions About Frederick Buechner
Who is Frederick Buechner?
Frederick Buechner is an American writer, novelist, poet, autobiographer, essayist, preacher, and theologian.
How old is Frederick Buechner?
Buechner is 94 years old as of 2020, he was born on July 11, 1926, as Carl Frederick Buechner, in New York, New York, United States.
How tall is Frederick Buechner?
Buechner stands at an average height and has moderate weight.
Is Frederick Buechner married?
Buechner is married to his wife Judith Buechner since 1956.
How much is Frederick Buechner worth?
Buechner has an estimated net worth of $1 million – $5 million as of 2020.
How much does Frederick Buechner make?
Buechner has an estimated net worth of $1 million – $5 million.
Where does Frederick Buechner live?
Buechner and his wife live on a hilltop in Vermont.
Is Frederick Buechner dead or alive?
Buechner is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Frederick Buechner Now?
Buechner is an American writer, novelist, poet, autobiographer, essayist, preacher, and theologian.
Frederick Buechner Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to email@example.com. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.