Hugh Laurie Biography
Hugh Laurie (James Hugh Calum Laurie) was born on 11th June 1959 in Oxford, United Kingdom. He is an English actor, director, musician, comedian and author.
Chance Hugh Laurie
Hugh Laurie is one of the executive producers on the tv show Chance, it is based on Kem Nunn’s acclaimed novel, this provocative thriller follows Dr. Eldon Chance (“House” star Hugh Laurie), a San Francisco-based forensic neuro psychiatrist who has some skeletons in his closet. After being drawn into the crosshairs of an alluring patient who may or may not be struggling with a multiple personality disorder, Chance falls deep into the city’s shadowy underbelly of police corruption, sexual obsession, fractured identities and
violence. All the while, he’s navigating a contentious divorce and dealing with the troubles that have come upon his teenage daughter.
On Friday (November 10) the actor’s reps officially confirmed that Hugh Laurie is not dead. “He joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax. He’s still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet,” they said.
Hugh Laurie Age
He was born on 11th June 1959 in Oxford, United Kingdom.
Hugh Laurie Family
Hugh Laurie father is William George Ranald Mundell “Ran” Laurie who was a physician who won an Olympic gold medal in the coxless pairs (rowing) at the 1948 London Games.
His mother was Patricia (née Laidlaw) and they had astrained relationship, he said that ‘he was a frustration toher’. She died from motor neurone disease in Oxfordshire atthe age of 73, in 1989, when Laurie was 30.
He is the youngest of four children, he has an older brother named Charles Alexander Lyon Mundell Laurie and two older sisters named Susan and Janet.
Hugh Laurie Wife
On 16th June 1989 he married theatre administrator Jo Green.
Hugh Laurie Children
He has three children two sons and a daughter. Charles (born 1988), William (born in 1991) and Rebecca (born in 1993).
Hugh Laurie Death
In November 2017 a message about his death was circulated on Facebook “At about 11 a.m. ET on Thursday (November 09, 2017), our beloved actor Hugh Laurie passed away. Hugh Laurie was born on June 11, 1959 in Oxford. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.”
Hugh Laurie Net Worth
He has an estimated networth of $40 million.
Hugh Laurie Height
He is 1.89m ( 6ft 2inches).
Hugh Laurie Awards
- 2006 – Golden Globe Awards – Best Actor – Television Series Drama – House
- 2007 – Golden Globe Awards – Best Actor – Television Series Drama – House
- 2017 – Golden Globe Awards – Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film – The Night Manager
- 2017 – Screen Actors Guild Awards – Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series – House
- 2009 – Screen Actors Guild Awards – Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series – House
- 2005 – Satellite Awards – Best Actor – Television Series Drama – House
- 2006 – Satellite Awards – Best Actor – Television Series Drama – House
- 2005 – Television Critics Association Awards – Individual Achievement in Drama – House –
- 2006 – Television Critics Association Awards – Individual Achievement in Drama – House
- 2007 – Teen Choice Awards – TV Actor: Drama – House
- 2009 – People’s Choice Awards – Favorite Male TV Star – House
- 2010 – People’s Choice Awards – Favorite Male TV Star – House
- 2011 – People’s Choice Awards – Favorite TV Doctor – House
- 2011 – People’s Choice Awards – Favorite TV Drama Actor – House
Hugh Laurie Movies and TV Shows
Hugh Laurie Movies
- 2015: Tomorrowland
- 2011: The Oranges
- 1999: Stuart Little
- 2009: Monsters vs. Aliens
- 1996: 101 Dalmatians
- 2012: Mister Pip
- 2008: Street Kings
- 2000: Maybe Baby
- 2004: Flight of the Phoenix
- 1995: Sense and Sensibility
- 2011: Arthur Christmas
- 2002: Stuart Little 2
- 1992: Peter’s Friends
- 1998: The Man in the Iron Mask
- 1997:The Borrowers
- 2011: Hop
- 2005: Valiant
- 1997: Spice World
- 1998: Cousin Bette
- 2018: Holmes and Watson
- 2005: Stuart Little 3: Call of the Wild
- 1999: Blackadder: Back & Forth
- 2003: Girl from Rio
- 1988: Blackadder’s Christmas Carol
- 2009: Monsters vs Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space
- 2001: Life with Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows
- 1989: Strapless
- 1993: All or Nothing at All
- 1993: A Pin for the Butterfly
- 1996: The Snow Queen’s Revenge
- The Crystal Cube
- 1995: The Snow Queen
- 2002: Discovering the Real World of Harry Potter
- 2009: B.O.B.’s Big Break
- Who Sold You This, Then?
- 2005: The Big Empty
- 1999: The Nearly Complete and Utter History of Everything
- 2003: The Young Visiters
- 2000: Carnivale
- 1983: Martin Luther, Heretic
- 1997: Treasure Island
- 2000: Lounge Act
- 2008: Beatrix Potter: The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle and Mr.
Jeremy Fisher and Other Stories
- Allari Budugu
- The Secret Policeman’s Biggest Ball
Hugh Laurie TV Shows
- 2004 – 2012: House
- Since 2016: Chance
- 2016: The Night Manager
- 1983 – 1989: Blackadder
- 1989 – 1995: A Bit of Fry & Laurie
- 1990 – 1993: Jeeves and Wooster
- 2003: Fortysomething
- 1983 – 1984: Alfresco
- 2000: Preston Pig
- 1985: Happy Families
- 1993 – 1995: The Legends of Treasure Island
- Since 1987: The Lenny Henry Show
- 1987 – 1992: The New Statesman
- 2001: Life with Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows
- Since 1983: The Crystal Cube
- 2003: Stuart Little: The Animated Series
- 1992 – 1995: The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends
- Since 2003: MechaNick
- 2005: Monkey Trousers
- DreamWorks Spooky Stories Volume 2
- Blackadder Goes Forth
- 1996 – 1998: Dennis and Gnasher
- Since 1995: Look at the State We’re In!
- Since 1984: Weekend In Wallop
- Since 1992: White Bear’s Secret
- Since 1985: Friday Night Live
- Since 1988: Les Girls
- Hugh Laurie Books
- 1996: The Gun Seller
- A balek
- 2010: House, M.D.: The Official Guide to the Hit Medical Drama
- 2011: Let them talk [all the songs from the album arranged for piano, voice and guitar]
- 2013: Didn’t it rain piano, vocal, guitar
- The Paper Soldier
- 1990: A Bit of Fry and Laurie
- 1991: A Bit More Fry and Laurie
- 1992: Three Bits of Fry and Laurie
- Roald Dahl Audio Books: 10 Dahl Puffin Classics on 27 CDs
- Great Expectations
- 2007: Paper Soldier
- 2006: Paper Soldiers
- 2002: Blackadder II
- 2012: Gun Seller
- Hugh Laurie Music
- Unchain My Heart
- You Don’t Know My Mind
- Kiss of Fire
- St James Infirmary
- Swanee River
- The Weed Smoker’s Dream
- Baby Please Make a Change
- Louisiana Blues
- Battle of Jericho
- Police Dog Blues
- The St. Louis Blues
- Six Cold Feet
- Guess I’m a Fool
- Wild Honey
- Careless Love
- The Whale Has Swallowed Me
- Buddy Bolden’s Blues
- I Hate a Man Like You
- Send Me to the ‘Lectric Chair
- Junkers Blues
- Didn’t It Rain
- Winin’ Boy Blues
- After You’ve Gone
- Hallelujah I Love Her So
- Vicksburg Blues
- They’re Red Hot
- One for My Baby
- Let Them Talk
- Minnie the Moocher
Hugh Laurie Interview
Is this your first NASCAR race?
Hugh Laurie: Yes, I’m a NASCAR virgin, but I’m very excited.
As an elite athlete yourself, would you ever consider driving a stock car?
Hugh Laurie: I would love to do that, but I don’t imagine I would have a hundredth of the talent necessary to do it – but I would love to try.
What’s the fastest you’ve ever driven in a street car?
Hugh Laurie: Well, I’ve been driven around a track in a McLaren F1 car at about 170 (mph), and that was an interesting experience. Myself, the fastest I’ve been has actually been on a motorcycle. That was on a Yamaha FZR 1000. I was getting close to 160. It was a one-off. I just wanted to see what it could do. It was the scariest piece of equipment I’ve ever had anything to do with.
Given Fox’s penchant for cross-promotion, do you think you might see a NASCAR driver on your operating table?
Hugh Laurie: I suppose it’s possible. We actually had a drag racer who came in, who got sick in a quarter-mile. So, yeah, I think it’s easily possible.
Ryan Newman is a big fan of House. Did you get a chance to visit with him?
Hugh Laurie: Yes, I’ve been just amazed by the drivers’ response to the show. It’s been an absolutely terrific thing. And it’s wonderful, on the day of the Oscars, to be in a place – suddenly to be out of that city (Los Angeles) – and be with a group of people who have absolutely no interest in entertainment. It’s such a relief.
Hugh Laurie Video
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.