John Pearce Biography and Wiki
John Pearce is an American lawyer well-known as the husband of Julia Reed who was a contributing editor at Vogue and Newsweek. She used to write the magazine’s Food and Drink column. Julia was as well an author known for Queen of the Turtle Derby and Other Southern Phenomena and The House on First Street, My New Orleans Story.
John Pearce Age
John is 72 years as of 2020. He was born in 1948, New Orleans, Florida, United States. He has not disclosed his exact date of birth making it difficult to establish when he celebrates his birth.
John Pearce Height
John stands at an average height and moderate weight. He appears to be quite tall in stature of his photos, relative to his surroundings, which are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
John Pearce Education
John attended Louisiana State University in 197 and graduated in 1973. He worked as a clerk at the Louisiana State Mineral Board from 1973-1976. He joined Louisiana State University Law School where he received his Juris Doctor. John joined the law firm of Doyle, Smith & Doyle in 1977 and was made a partner in 1979.
John Pearce Family
John was born and raised by his parents in the United States. Our efforts to find out more about his family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of John’s parents is still unclear. It is also not known if he has any siblings. Nevertheless, this section will be updated as soon as it is available.
John Pearce Wife, Is John Pearce married?
John was married to Julia Reed who dies in August 2020. Julia was a contributing editor at Vogue and Newsweek, where she used to write the magazine’s Food and Drink column. John and Reed managed to keep a low profile of their love life. It is not yet clear to the public if the couple has kids. This section is still under review and will be updated as soon as it is available.
John Pearce Wife Julia Reed
John’s wife, Julia was a well-known journalist, commentator, as well as humorist. She was a contributing editor for Elle Décor and Garden and Gun and has written for Vogue, Newsweek, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and other publications and has appeared on MSNBC and CNN.
John Pearce Wife Julia Reed Age
John Pearce Wife Death: Julia Reed Death
John Pearce Net Worth
John has not revealed his net worth. He is a simple person and never likes to attract public attention by publicly displaying his wealth. However, this section is under review, we will update you when details about his net worth are revealed.
John Pearce Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about John.
John Pearce Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: John Y. Pearce
- Popular As: John Pearce
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Lawyer
- Nationality: America
- Race / Ethnicity: To be Updated
- Religion: Christianity
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
John Pearce Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 72 years
- Zodiac Sign: To be Updated
- Date of Birth: 1948
- Place of Birth: New Orleans, Florida, United States
- Birthday: To be Updated
John Pearce Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be Updated
- Height / How Tall?: Average
- Weight: Moderate
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Shoe Size: To be Updated
John Pearce Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Mr. Pearce
- Mother: Mrs. Pierce
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): To be Updated
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Julia Reed
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: To be Updated
John Pearce Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: His professional career as a lawyer
John Pearce House and Cars
- Place of living: United States
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
John Pearce Lawyer
John Pearce is a lawyer engaged in general civil practice concentrating in energy (oil and gas) and environmental law. He also has an extensive real estate practice primarily involving abstract title examination for both major and independent oil companies and rendition of title opinions on numerous oil and gas properties. He was a member of the American Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, and the New Orleans Bar Association.
He is a co-author of the Louisiana Geothermal Energy Resources Act (LA. R.S. 30:800 et seq.), Pearce authored, among other articles, the Recent Developments Column for Mineral Law in the Louisiana Bar Journal from 1991 to 2006, and has chaired or lectured at various oil and gas or environmental law-related seminars.
John Pearce Practices:
- Admiralty and Maritime
- Oil, Gas and Energy Regulatory
- Oil, Gas and Energy Litigation and Arbitration
- Oil, Gas and Energy Transactions
- Environmental and Toxic Torts
- International Law
John Pearce Industries:
- Energy and Natural Resources
John Pearce Admissions:
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of LA
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of LA
- U.S. District Court, Western District of LA
- United States Court, Federal Claims
- New Orleans Bar Association (Member of Executive Committee, 1984-1986; 1993-1999; President 1998)
- Louisiana State Bar Association (Member of Council of Mineral Law Section, 1988-1992; Chairman, 1993-1994; House of Delegates, 1999-2001)
- American Bar Association (Member, House of Delegates, 1998-2002)
- President, New Orleans Legal Assistance Corporation, 1999-2002; Board Member, 1990-2002
- First President, Southeast Louisiana Legal Services, 2002-2004
- Prior Member of the Board of the New Orleans Pro Bono Project
John Pearce New Orleans Children’s Hospital:
- Board Member Emeritus, 2018 to Present
- Board Member over thirty years
- Executive Committee Member, 2000-2005
- President of Board, 2002-2004
- Chairman, Community Service Board, International Society of Primerus Law Firms, 2018-2019
John Pearce Recognition:
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America – Natural Resources Law and Oil and Gas Law (2006-2019)
- Best Lawyers in America – Lawyer of the Year in New Orleans, Natural Resources Law (2015- 2019)
- Best Lawyers in America – Lawyer of the Year in New Orleans, Oil and Gas Law (2014) Louisiana Super Lawyers – Energy & Natural Resources (Since 2007)
- New Orleans CityBusiness Leadership in Law (2014)
- New Orleans Magazine “Top Lawyers” – Oil & Gas Law (2014 – 2015); Mining Law (2017); Natural Resources Law (2018)
John Pearce Publications:
- Oil and Gas Litigation Update, Speaker, Gordon Arata Montgomery Barnett Annual Duck Lunch & Seminar, October 2017
- Recent Developments Column for Mineral Law, Louisiana Bar Journal, 1991-2005
- Civil Liability in Environmental Hazards in Foreign Operations: An Overview of the European Community’s Current Proposal, The Louisiana Environmental Lawyer, Vol. 1, No. 3
- Louisiana Geothermal Energy Resources Act, Co-Author, LA. RS. 30:800 et seq.
- Select/Various Oil and Gas and Professionalism Topics, Speaker – various seminars, 1980-
Frequently Asked Questions About John Pearce
Who is John Pearce?
John is an American lawyer well-known as the husband of Julia Reed who was a contributing editor at Vogue and Newsweek,
How old is John Pearce?
John is 72 years as of 2020. He was born in 1948, New Orleans, Florida, United States.
How tall is John Pearce?
John stands at an average height, he has not shared his height with the public. His height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
What nationality is John Pearce?
John is an American national.
Where did John Pearce attend college?
John graduated from Louisiana State University in 1973. He clerked at the Louisiana State Mineral Board from 1973-76 and received a Juris Doctor from Louisiana State University Law School in 1976. He joined the law firm of Doyle, Smith & Doyle in 1977 and was made a partner in 1979. Doyle, Smith & Doyle merged into Montgomery, Barnett in 1984.
How many siblings does John Pearce have?
After doing our research details about his parents are not available and it is also not known whether he has any siblings. This information will be updated as soon as it is available.
Is John Pearce married?
John was married to Julia Reed who dies in August 2020. Julia was a contributing editor at Vogue and Newsweek, where she used to write the magazine’s Food and Drink column.
How much is John Pearce worth?
John has not yet revealed his net worth. We will update this section when we get and verify information about the wealth and properties under his name.
Is John Pearce dead or alive?
Joh is still alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where does John Pearce live?
He is a resident of, the USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
John Pearce Social Media Contact
- Phone: 504.582.1111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.