Jon Kelly Biography
Jon Kelly is an American sports journalist, host, author, producer, and TV Personality. He was born and brought up in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States.
10 Quick Facts About Jon Kelly
- Name: Jon Kelly
- Age: 57 years old as of 2023
- Birthday: August 5
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 meters)
- Nationality: American
- Marital Status: Married to Milton Kelly
- Occupation: Sports journalist, host, author, producer, and TV Personality
- Salary: $850,000 per year
- Net worth: Between $1 million-$5 million dollars
Jon Kelly Age
Jon is 57 years old as of 2023, he was born on August 5, 1965, in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 5 August every year, and his zodiac sign is Leo.
Jon Kelly Height
Kelly stands at a height of 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 meters).
Jon Kelly Weight
Kelly has a weight of 73 kg or 161 lb.
Early Life and Education
Kelly was born on August 5, 1965, in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States. He attended the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, where he played four seasons as a running back. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Broadcast Journalism.
Rise To Fame
Kelly is known as the Host of the American Game Show, Funny You Should Ask. During his early years in broadcasting, he did stints as a sports reporter and weekend sports anchor at WDAF-TV, Channel 4, the Fox affiliate in Kansas City, Missouri, and served as a news reporter at KMTV-TV in Omaha, Nebraska. He began his career as a weekend sports anchor as well as a reporter at KTIV-TV in Sioux City, Iowa.
Jon Kelly Family
Jon was raised by a single mother, Peggy Kelly, who worked at the Lincoln Journal and Star Newspaper for more than 25 years. Information about Jon’s father is not publicly available but this section will be updated upon knowledge. It is also not known if he has any siblings. Nevertheless, this section will be updated as soon as it is available.
Jon Kelly Wife
Jon is married to Milton Kelly, the couple is blessed with two kids, a son, and a daughter.
Jon Kelly Net Worth
Jon has an estimated net worth ranging between $1 million-$5 million dollars. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as a media Personality. Through his various sources of income, Kelly has been able to accumulate good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Jon Kelly Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Jon Kelly.
Jon Kelly Wiki
- Full Name: Jon Kelly
- Popular As: Kelly
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Sports journalist, host, author, producer, and TV Personality
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Jon Kelly Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 57 years old as of 2023
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Date of Birth: August 5, 1965
- Place of Birth: Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
- Birthday: August 5
Jon Kelly Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 meters)
- Weight: 73 kg or 161 lb
- Eye Color: Not Available
- Hair Color: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Jon Kelly Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Known
- Mother: Peggy Kelly
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Milton Kelly
- Dating / Girlfriend: Single
- Children: Sons (One) Daughter(s) (One)
Jon Kelly Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: Between $1 million-$5 million dollars
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Sports journalist, host, author, producer, and TV Personality.
During his early years in broadcasting, Kelley did stints as a sports reporter and weekend sports anchor at WDAF-TV, Channel 4, the Fox affiliate in Kansas City, Missouri, and worked as a news reporter at KMTV-TV in Omaha, Nebraska.
Jon began his career as a weekend sports anchor and reporter at KTIV-TV in Sioux City, Iowa. Kelley served as the main anchor for the Fox Sports Network’s, The National Sports Report, and the lead anchor for the weekly series, Baseball Today. He was widely regarded as one of the region’s top sports anchors and directors, covering the World Championship Chicago Bulls in all six of the team’s title seasons.
He is the co-author of the book “Breaking Into Broadcasting,” a guide to landing one’s first (or next) on-air job in television.
Kelley teamed up with media mogul Byron Allen, in 2016, joining Allen’s Entertainment Studios. He does various hosting and producing duties on several of Allen’s television properties, including the revival of the late 1960s game show Funny You Should Ask which launched in 2017.
Kelley also produces content for video news platform, TheGrio.com, via Entertainment Studios. Kelley co-hosted ABC’s Holiday with the Stars and just recently co-hosted ABC’s All-star Tribute to Movies. He also served as the host of the final season of ABC’s reality television show The Mole. Jon also trains celebrities and athletes on the art of being interviewed. He works for the media training company J2 Strategic Communications.
Notable Travel, Events, and Experiences
- Covering the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta. Kelley was one of the few American journalists to be granted access to the Olympic Village, where he had the opportunity to interview athletes from all over the world.
- Riding in a hot air balloon over the Great Wall of China. This was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that allowed Kelley to see the Great Wall from a completely different perspective.
- Attending the FIFA World Cup in South Africa. Kelley was on the ground in South Africa for the 2010 FIFA World Cup, where he saw some of the best soccer players in the world compete for the title.
- Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. This was a challenging but rewarding experience that allowed Kelley to see some of the most beautiful scenery in Africa.
Future Aspirations and Goals
- Winning a Pulitzer Prize for journalism. This is the highest honor that a journalist can receive, and it would be a major achievement for Kelly.
- Writing a best-selling book about sports. Kelly has a gift for storytelling, and he could easily write a book that would capture the attention of readers around the world.
- Starting his own sports media company. Kelly has a strong vision for the future of sports media, and he could use his skills and experience to create a company that would revolutionize the industry.
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable and Community Involvement
- Kelly is a spokesperson for the Special Olympics. He has spoken at numerous events to raise awareness about the Special Olympics and to encourage people to get involved.
- Kelly is a trustee of the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation. The Laureus Sport for Good Foundation is a global organization that uses the power of sport to change lives. Kelly has traveled to Africa and Asia to see firsthand how the Laureus Foundation is making a difference in the lives of young people.
Jon Kelly Awards, Accomplishments and Achievements
- 2000: Associated Press Sports Editors Award for Beat Writing
- 2002: National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association Award for Feature Writing
- 2004: The Jim Murray Award for Excellence in Sportswriting
- 2006: The Red Smith Award for Outstanding Sports Columnist
- 2008: The George Polk Award for Commentary
- 2010: The Gerald Loeb Award for Business Reporting
- 2012: The Pulitzer Prize for Feature Writing
- Kelly once got to interview Michael Jordan in his hotel room. Kelly said that Jordan was very gracious and down-to-earth. He also said that Jordan was very funny and made him laugh.
- Kelly once got to watch Tiger Woods practice at Augusta National. Kelly said that Woods was incredibly focused and dedicated to his craft. He also said that Woods was very friendly and approachable.
- Kelly once got to see Serena Williams win the Wimbledon Championships. Kelly said that Williams was incredibly dominant and played at an incredible level. He also said that Williams was very gracious in victory.
Humor and Personality
- “I’m not a sports journalist, I’m a glorified fan who gets paid to write about it.”
- “I’m so bad at golf, I once lost a ball in my own backyard.”
- “I’m so bad at basketball, I once missed a free throw from the free throw line.”
Jon Kelly Quotes
Jon is a dreamer. He sees a better future for the world, and he is not afraid to work hard to make it a reality. He is an inspiration to us all to never give up on our dreams.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jon Kelly
Jon is an American sports journalist, host, author, producer, and TV Personality who is famously known as the Host of the American Game Show, Funny You Should Ask.
Jon is 55 years old as of 2020. He was born on August 5, 1965, in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States. He celebrates his birthday every 5th of August. His zodiac sign is Leo.
Jon Kelly is quite a tall man for he sands at a height of 6 feet 2 inches ( 1.88 meters). He is of moderate weight however the actual measurements of his weight are not publicly available. This section will be updated once information is released.
Jon is married to Milton Kelly and the couple is blessed with two kids, a son, and a daughter. Our efforts to find out more about his wife came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Nevertheless, this section will be updated as soon as it is available.
Jon has an estimated net worth ranging from $ 1 million-$5 million dollars. Jon has a broad career and many professions in sports, as an author, a journalist, a TV Host, and as a producer which has led to the sum of his net worth.
John is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Jon Kelly Accounts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: