Leigh Mills Biography
Leigh Mills is an American award-winning Television Journalist who was born and brought up in Cortland, Ohio. Currently, she works at WMTV NBC 15 in Madison, Wisconsin as a 4 pm & 6 pm News Anchor.
Prior to her current position, she worked at WMTV NBC 15 as a 5pm, 6pm & 10pm News Anchor, 5pm & 10pm News Anchor.Leigh joined the WMTV NBC 15 news team in September 2003, working as a General Assignment Reporter, then as a Weekend Anchor & Weekday Reporter, and as a 5 pm Anchor & Reporter. Previously, she worked at Studio 88 as a Managing Partner and at WOUB-TV as a Reporter.
10 Quick Facts About Leigh Mills
- Name: Leigh Mills
- Age: To be updated.
- Birthday: To be updated.
- Zodiac Sign: To be updated.
- Height: Average
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Television Journalist
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: $24,292 – $72,507
- Net worth: $100 thousand – $1 million
Leigh Mills Age
Mills’s age, date of birth, and birthday are publicly not available. We will update this section once this information is available.
Leigh Mills Height
Leigh stands at an average height. She appears to be quite tall in stature of her photos, relative to her surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding her actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We will update this section when the information is available.
Leigh Mills Education
Mills attended Northwestern University, and graduated with a degree in Radio, TV & Film. She then joined L’INSTITUT DE TOURAINE, where she studied French Language and Literature. Later, she enrolled at Ohio University, where she earned a BSJ in Broadcast Journalism, minor in French in 2003.
Leigh Mills Family, Parents and Siblings
Leigh was born and raised by her parents in Cortland, Ohio. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of her parents is still unclear. It is also not known if she has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Leigh Mills Husband and Children
Mills is happily married to her husband Charlie Trecek. The couple tied the knot in 2012, and they are blessed with two sons ages 5 and 3 years old boys. She is also a stepmom to a 15 and 13-year-old.
Leigh Mills Salary
Leigh receives an average annual salary of between $24,292 and $72,507. This translates to an hourly average wage of between $10.15 and $31.32. This is Per our average wage estimates for a journalist in the United States. However, these figures may vary substantially according to the level of seniority of the employee. At the moment, we do not have the exact salary but we will update this section when the information is available.
Leigh Mills Net Worth
Mills’s net worth is estimated to be between $100 thousand and $1 million dollars. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a Television Journalist. Through her various sources of income, she has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Leigh Mills Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about her;
Leigh Mills Wiki
- Full Names: Leigh Mills
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Television Journalist
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Leigh Mills Birthday
- Age / How Old?: Not Available
- Zodiac Sign: Not Known
- Date of Birth: Not Available
- Place of Birth: Cortland, Ohio, United States of America
- Birthday: Not Known
Leigh Mills Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Known
- Height / How Tall?: Average
- Weight: Moderate
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Leigh Mills Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Known
- Mother: Not Known
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Dating / Husband: Married to Charlie Trecek
- Children: Four (Two Biological & Two Step Children)
Leigh Mills Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $100K – $1 Million
- Salary: $24,292 – $72,507
- Source of Income: Television Journalism
Leigh Mills House and Cars
- Place of living: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Leigh Mills NBC15 News
Leigh initially joined WOUB-TV in 1999 as a reporter. The same year, she also joined Ohio University for BSJ in Broadcast Journalism. While working on the network, she anchored newscasts of 6:30 PM and also reported the daily news.
Mills joined NBC 15 News on September 17th, 2003 and she has been there since then. She spent 11 of her years as the 5, 6 and 10 pm news anchor before she adjusted her schedule so that she could have more time with her two boys. The adjustments took place in 2017.
In 2005, Leigh Mills was the 5 pm and 10 pm reporter and a weekend anchor back in 2004. In 2003, she was a general assignment reporter. She moved from Ohio to Madison where she spent 4 years as a reporter, anchor, producer, and she would sometimes take the photography role and editor at WOUB-TV in Athens, Ohio.
Leigh has also worked at a Government Channel in Athens where she was the host of an election show. She used to cover the city government news. She was an intern during the summer at WCHS-TV located in Charleston, West Virginia. Since March 2012, she got into a partnership with Sam Sorenson of owning Studio 88.
Leigh Mills Awards and Honors
Mills has received the following awards;
- 2017–Wisconsin Broadcasters Association 1st place award for Best Editorial/Commentary for “Unspun” – a bi-weekly live interview on NBC 15 News at 5 with two political analysts
- 2015 — Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award in Series/Documentary for “Welcoming Baby” – a 7-part series during my own pregnancy for expectant families on everything from 4-D ultrasounds and buying for baby to the rising cost of daycare
- 2015 — Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award for Election Night Coverage
- 2015 — Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award for Significant Community Impact for “Crystal Apple Awards” – an annual effort to honor five local teachers, who are nominated by the community, for their impact on area students
- 2014 — Midwest Emmy Nomination in Serious News (Hard) Single Feature for “Police Shootings: The Untold Story” – an exclusive interview with a former Madison police officer, who pulled the trigger in two officer-involved shootings. His emotional distress, the downward spiral that left his career in ruins, and what he’s now doing to try to change the culture in law enforcement
- 2014 — “Best of Madison” Evening News Team, gold2013 — “Best of Madison” Evening News Team, gold
- 2013 — Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award for live reporting
- 2012 — “Best of Madison” TV Personality, silver
- 2012 — Associated Press Award for Enterprise Reporting for “DA Shortage” – an in-depth look at the shortage in the Dane County District Attorney’s Office and how it impacts domestic violence victims and cases
- 2012 — Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award for Hard News/Investigative for “DA Shortage”
- 2012 — Media Award for Excellence, presented by NAMI Dane County
- 2011 — Midwest Emmy Nomination in Health Reporting for “Teen Anorexia” – a story on two parents’ struggle to save their young daughter after an eating disorder almost killed her.
- 2011 — Midwest Emmy Nomination in Serious Feature/Hard News for “Quadruple Homicide: One Year Later” – a story about the pain and recovery for 3 different families affected by a quadruple homicide – the worst crime of domestic violence Dane County has ever seen.
- 2011 — Associated Press Award for Best Hard News for “Quadruple Violence: One Year Later”
- 2011 — Wisconsin Broadcasters Association 3rd place in Hard News/Investigative for “Quadruple Homicide: One Year Later”
- 2010 — RTDNA National Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Feature: “Power to Forgive” – a story about a woman’s ability to forgive and even love the two men who shot her in the head and left her to die.2010 — Excellence in Media Award, presented by Domestic Abuse Intervention Services, for “The Silent Crime” – a story about the lasting impact on a family after a domestic violence homicide.
- 2010 — RTDNA Regional Edward R. Murrow Award for “Power to Forgive”
- 2010 — Associated Press Feature Award for “Power to Forgive”
- 2010 — Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Feature Award for “Power to Forgive”
- 2009 — Midwest Emmy Winner for “Power to Forgive”
- 2009 — Midwest Emmy Nomination for Outstanding Achievement for On-Camera Talent: News Anchor
- 2009 — Midwest Emmy Nomination for “A Mother’s Mission” – a story about a little girl who receives hyperbaric oxygen therapy to treat a genetic disorder that causes developmental delays.
- 2008 — Madison’s Best Local Television Broadcaster from the Madison.com Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2008 — Best Live On-Scene Reporting from the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association for “Lake Delton Aftermath”
- 2008 — Midwest Emmy Nomination for “Miracle of Medicine” – a story about one man’s battle to save his own life and the unlikely difference maker: the blood of a baby girl.
- 2007 — Associated Press Award for Best Hard News: Non-Spot for “Miracle of Medicine”
- 2007 — Outstanding Media Partner from the National MS Society Wisconsin Chapter
- 2006 – Midwest Emmy Nomination for “More Than Meets the Eye” – a two-part series on two men leading seemingly normal lives with extraordinary abilities to help/influence others.
- 2005 – Associated Press Award for “Inside Firehouse One” – an hour-long documentary capturing a day in the life of a Madison firefighter working at station #1.
- 2005 – Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Merit Award for “Inside Firehouse One”
- 2005 – Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Best Hard News Story of 2005 for “Camp Shelby,” a story on the sendoff of nearly 700 Wisconsin Army National Guard members, who made up the first combat deployment of Wisconsin Army Guard forces since World War II. We traveled to Mississippi for the sendoff.
Frequently Asked Questions about Leigh Mills
Who is Leigh Mills?
Leigh Mills is an American award-winning Television Journalist. Currently, she works at WMTV NBC 15 in Madison, Wisconsin as a 4pm & 6pm News Anchor. Prior to her current position, she worked at WMTV NBC 15 as a 5pm, 6pm & 10pm News Anchor, 5pm & 10pm News Anchor.
How old is Leigh Mills?
Mills was born in Cortland, Ohio, USA, she has not shared her date of birth with the public, as it is not documented anywhere as of 2020.
How tall is Leigh Mills?
Leigh stands at an average height, she has not shared her height with the public. Her height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
Is Leigh Mills married?
Yes, she is married to Charlie Trecek. The couple tied the knot in 2012, and they are blessed with two sons a ages 5 and 3 years old boys. She is also a stepmom to a 15 and 13 year old.
How much is Leigh Mills worth?
Mills’s net worth is estimated to be between $100 thousand and $1 million dollars. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a Television Journalist.
How much does Leigh make?
Leigh receives an average annual salary of between $24,292 and $72,507. This translates to an hourly average wage of between $10.15 and $31.32. This is Per our average wage estimates for a journalist in the United States. However, these figures may vary substantially according to the level of seniority of the employee.
Where does Mills live?
She is a resident of Madison, Wisconsin, USA, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Is Leigh dead or alive?
She is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Mills now?
Leigh is still pursuing her career in journalism. She is currently working as a 4 pm & 6 pm News Anchor at WMTV NBC 15 since 2017.
Leigh Mills Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Karen Leigh
- Jennifer Leigh
- Leigh Francis
- Jentezen Franklin
- Joey Scarborough
- Ed Quinn
- Catfish Cooley
- Vercy Miller
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.